It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Seeks to Create Caesar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Senate Seeks to Create Caesar

noisyroom.net

While all of America is distracted and focused on the death of Osama bin Laden, our President and his minions have been fast at work laying the groundwork for S. 679: Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act of 2011 to speed through the Senate and then make its way into the House and then to the President to sign. Yes, the other hand is quickly forming into a dictatorial fist that is about to smash our Constitution.

In essence they want to give the President the sole power to appoint people to positions of his choosing within our government. Obama would be free to do this wi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
On May 18th, 2011 there will be a vote to end the checks and balances of our very country. With this bill, over 200 positions will no longer require Senate approval. Obama will be able to dictate who has control over America.

I did a search and didn't see this article anywhere. Please go ahead and move or delete it if necessary.

noisyroom.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Here is a link to the actual bill being proposed. S. 679

I haven't read your source or the bill yet, but thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of the bill until now.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Speed Up Nominations and Confirmations, but Do Not Enact S. 679

When the delegates of the states gathered in Philadelphia in the summer of 1787 and wrote the Constitution, they distributed the powers of the federal government among two Houses of Congress, a President, and a judiciary, and required in many cases that two of them work together to exercise a particular constitutional power. That separation of powers protects the liberties of the American people by preventing any one officer of the government from aggregating too much power.

The Framers of the Constitution did not give the President the kingly power to appoint the senior officers of the government by himself. Instead, they allowed the President to name an individual for a senior office, but then required the President to obtain the Senate’s consent before appointing the individual to office. Thus, they required the cooperation of the President and the Senate to put someone in high office.

If this bill passes, then so much for our system of checks and balances! Obama's mindset is the very antithesis of constitutional government. Only power hungry career politicians need apply...
edit on 9/5/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: I forgot to post the link.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Maybe he will be able to appoint positions within our government but an Emperor like Caesar is stretching it a bit.

Still interesting to see how this will be abused.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
As if this is necessary when he already has his executive branch czars.

How many now?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zillah

my first thought: "blogs with glenn beck ads are not the best sources."

after reading the linked article and doing a quick google search, my second thought: "F * C K"

this looks like the real deal, govtrack says it's been reviewed by senate committee and has been recommended for senate vote. hopefully it doesn't just get rolled up into some other bill and passed silently. i can't see a majority supporting this kind of move.

9-11 accomplished [somebody]'s goal of instilling fear into the american people. if we weren't so scared, we'd ask "why does the process need to go faster?" but since we're all terrified, we just think "yes, his appointments HAVE to be faster or the terrorists will get us before the next czar is in office!"

what harm or tragedy has our nation EVER suffered because the vetting process for presidential appointments took too long? i see no reason for this change other than making it easier for the POTUS to get the people he wants where he wants them. Don't look for Obama to be the one to really take advantage of this one, though. The next POTUS will be the guy who really abuses this newfound, streamlined power. that's how it works. the president establishes something borderline unconstitutional, the people think it's strange, but since nothing really bad happens, they forget about it. then if there is backlash when the next guy appoints someone who clearly wouldn't have made it through the former vetting process, "it's the last guy's fault."

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Maybe he will be able to appoint positions within our government but an Emperor like Caesar is stretching it a bit.

Still interesting to see how this will be abused.

What, he can surround himself with people loyal to only him and you don't consider that dictatorship??

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You are only allowed to complain when you are being shoved into an oven or a gas chamber.

Then you can complain.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This doesn't stop with Obama. Consider whoever wins the election next year. If HE (Caesar) allows it, that is.

This by far has GOT to be the scariest thread I've ever read.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
In the interest of fairness, some alternative sources would be a nice addition to this thread, because the source in the OP is an extremely biased blog.

The Progressive Hunter?

Not a chance of an agenda here is there?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Even if it come to a vote my guess is it won't make it out of the Senate. If it makes it out of the Senate it has zero chance in the House of Representatives. They won't say it out loud but a sincerely hope no bill sponsored by Upchuck Schumer has a chance of being voted on by any House Republican.

Still, it is slightly scary to see what the far left has planned for the country. Vote the Tea Party ticket in 2012.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
As if this is necessary when he already has his executive branch czars.

How many now?

Well here's the link to the actual bill..
www.govtrack.us...

Read it yourself..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I posted a link to the actual text of the bill a few posts up. After reading it, all I can say is wow. This is some Nazi Germany type stuff here. And I only read the bill, I didn't read the OP source because it looked biased.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
"give the President the sole power to appoint people to positions of his choosing within our government. "

Very apt considering the Capitol of the USA was to be called Rome. Caesar rises but the Empire crumbles and falls.

"After a democracy comes dictatorship" is another very apt quote for this thread.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
if i remember correctly the caesar thing didn't work out too well for his march all them centuries ago . mr president be careful of your senators they might make you into a pin cushion like the roman senate did to julius

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I see it as a way to eliminate the previous presidents ability to give positions of power to people who can oppose the will of the incoming president.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
if i remember correctly the caesar thing didn't work out too well for his march all them centuries ago . mr president be careful of your senators they might make you into a pin cushion like the roman senate did to julius

Et tu, Biden?

Sorry, I laugh, to keep from crying. . . .

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
and he would get this through the republican dominated house how???

Much ado about nothing and just more right wing fear mongering.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What makes this even more frightening besides the already horrifying fact that the President would have the powers of Julius Caesar but that Julius Caesar was the last actual leader of Rome before arguably he transformed it into an Empire before his assassination. There is no arguing though that he was the last head of the Roman Republic before it collapsed into an autocratic Empire. So comparing Obama to Caesar is bad in more ways then one.

Should this be fact of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join