It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really Conspiracy Theorists ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
To me this term seems to have several implications.

It seems to imply we believe everything is a conspiracy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why should we carry this moniker?

I have some serious questions about some events.

So I immediately get dismissed as some kind of nut?

I have found some of the brightest people here at ATS.

Because we question things we are crazy?

If we are going to be labeled, let's pick our own.

Can anyone think of a new word to add to the lexicon?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I always thought it is like when someone says they see a ghost or face in something.
They call this phenomenon visual 'matrixing'.

I see this topic the same way except it is more like psychological matrixing or our minds trying to put something sensible together out of the pieces of data available.

As for a title to give to people in this group how about. . .
edit on 5/9/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Personally, I think the term "conspiracy theorist" is undergoing a fight for revision.

Originally, it used to be a derogatory term for those who looked for "the crazy" in everything.

But, when people start actually FINDING "the crazy" in things, people start to notice, and I think that is what has been happening as of late. I also think the MSM/government has realized that, which is part of the reason for the recent attacks on conspiracy theorists. And that's the "good" part.

I think the other reason for the recent attacks is that, as the government takes passes more laws and takes more freedoms, more people are likely to question their authority. UNLESS, they spin things ahead of time so that there is a strong stigma attached to questioning things.

And that's what I see happening right now.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
so you're calling us to create a NEW WORD ORDER

hehe sorry no, seriously.. I think the "theorist" part gives academics to the "conspiracy" part. I'd keep it this way.

link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

truth seekers??

link   

Now that's a conspiracy in it's self!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it shows you have common sense. While most people on ATS would consider you rational for questioning things that affect you, the mass of zombies that think the government is infallable don't delve far enough into their own logic to see past things that should make a rational person stop and say "Okay, something isn't right here." But of course since the government controls the minds of most of the country, they use that manipulative power through the media that they own to make the rational ones look irrational.

We all understand how it works and we definitely don't need the molded minds in this country to tell us we're crazy. Keep asking questions. Trust no one.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The government seems to know everything about everything except when its convenient to know nothing about anything
while hiding behind Plausible Deniability

what i know just in common sense alone about 911 is that the government is lying through their teeth to cover their tracks over the 2.3 trillion that mysteriously disappeared days before 911 and was never discussed again, because all eyes were forced to focus on little brown manufactured terrorists that schooled at known CIA pilot schools, then without any resistance whatsoever took control of the skies over America thus unfolding events that ultimately killed thousand of people throughout the globe and caused the citizens of America to lose everything.....how convenient....I'd say that Binladen character and his little band of ragtag freedom fighters must have been trained by Sun Tsu himself, and were the greatest warriors of all times and should be placed in the annuls of history right up next to ALEXANDER THE GREAT

I bet the Chinese aren't that gullible and don't find any conspiracy theories about it...can you say who's your DADDY ..in chinese

edit on 9-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Conspiracy Theorist = Question Stuff = Patriot

Regardless of creed or country.

Good thinkin' OP.

edit on 9-5-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In about 10 or 20 years, I will be proud to have called myself a conspiracy theorist, and everyone else will claim that they were one too. We're heading the way of a dying tyrannical empire, and after our crash (assuming our allies aren't world powers anymore) history will be rewritten to show us as such. We'll be the Nazis of the future.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm more apt to call myself a coincidence theorist - because there are a LOT of 'coincidences' that happen when comes to gov't.

The whole "conspiracy theorist" being a detrimental term drives me crazy anyway. Any authority in this country will be more than happy to come up with their own conspiracy theories to charge you with - TA-DA! - conspiracy to commit a crime if you talked to anyone about alleged crime.

Now...does anyone here really want to tell me that no one in high positions of power never conspires with anyone else (usually also in other high positions of power) to do anything they shouldn't?

Yet, to assume such - usually based on changing stories (as claimed with the recent OBL fiasco), apparently insufficient facts (Israel could not ID the Liberty as a US vessel and people claimed Johnson wanted the ship to go down), or outright appearance of guilt (refusing to testify alone/under oath as with Bush & Cheney) seems to instantly brand one as a kook or looney.

Double-standard much? I think more good might be served by getting people to understand that the government should have their feet held to the fire every bit as much as those it charges with conspiracy have theirs to prove their innocence, etc. Nothing should be taken for granted as authorities will be MORE than tenacious in trying to build such cases against others.
edit on 5/9/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

My own personal preference=
I wouldn't use the term 'we,' since I only actually speak for myself. I do not want others speaking for me, nor do I want to speak for them.

To each his own.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Since the MSM has such a short attention span.

I think it needs to be one word.

"Proofer".

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Point taken.......I should of said "I".

Thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here are some random ideas from me:

Alternate Truth Researcher

Counterplot Intelligence Reporter

Mainstream Media Examiner

Initial Report Questioner

Authority Report Aggressor

Alternative News Advocate

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

We have 'investigative journalists' who aren't looked upon with scorn - in fact they've very appreciated for uncovering certain things.

How about 'investigative citizens' or something along the same lines - so we aren't officially journalists, but isn't it basically the same thing, and might we not also become journalists of a sort if we come across something worth reporting?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorist = asking questions they don't want you to ask = extremist anti government group.

This is why I prefer to be a "skeptic" rather than a conspiracy theorist.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I kind of like the "Investigative Citizen" title. It implies, for the most part, what we do.....investigate the truth. The citizen part of it takes into account that we are just real, normal people. Getting the moniker of conspiracy theorists away from the wackos and mental health patients is a good thing for sure.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

in MY world, i don't feel like i go out looking for Conspiracies .. i see them EVERYWHERE..

but what i go out to find is the TRUTH!!

TRUTH + Reality= Truality,,, or Trualitist....

i look for truth
Good--- bad-----or unconfortable... truth is my goal every morning..

""Yes,, my sweet wife,, those pants DO make you look fat""

Truality ,,,,

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
To me this term seems to have several implications.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have some serious questions about some events.

So I immediately get dismissed as some kind of nut?

I have found some of the brightest people here at ATS.

Can anyone think of a new word to add to the lexicon?

How about Open-minded anti-coincidence theorists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join