It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titan's atmosphere has same % nitrogen as earth with 50% more pressure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
An atmosphere like our... An uncovering possibility of alien life on Titan ( www.abovetopsecret.com...). This atmosphere was probably created with impacts with comets

Now scientists in Japan suggest that countless numbers of asteroids and comets slamming into ammonia ice on Titan could have converted it to nitrogen gas several hundred million years after the moon's formation.

but there are others possibilities. After all, it's a great news for me. Link to the fact :
ca.news.yahoo.com...

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
thats just simply amazing. I hope they find something out there!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TgP3o6

mmm BACON...

oh yeahh Titan.. WAY TO GO!!

good find!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yes i read this on Space.com the other day this intrigues me a lot. I think the argument is strong that life could exist there in the methane lake/seas of Titan. Hrmm maybe the land too.

The Atmosphere is quite Similar to Earth and has a lot of nitrogen. ( Not sure about how much oxygen is in Titans Atmosphere though) With methane and other Gases. Will be interesting once they finally send a probe there to study it further.

I'm hoping there is life there it would really help the increase the chances of life being Ubiquitous in the Universe. I like this theory about life being everywhere since we've hardly explored the surfaces and/or underground areas of several planets yet. Closely enough to determine life is existing there.

It will be interesting times ahead folks thats all i can say for now not gonna say 100% life is there but it would be great if there was

One can always hope...

S& F'd
edit on 10-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
A perfect candidate for colonization!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Was thinking the same thing. I think it may be a better candidate than Mars since it would be protected from the Magnetosphere of Saturn (Correct me if im wrong)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

Will be interesting once they finally send a probe there to study it further.

In case you didn't know...there has already been a probe, landing on Titan back in 2005, The Huygens.

Hopefully "they'll" send another one in the near future.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Stuffed

Yes i made a mistake i already know of this probe when it landed there was very exiting
. I Should have said when they finally send Another Probe. There. I remember being all hyped up about it landing there. Can't wait for the next one.

Hope NASA scrapes together the funds to get this done!

new topics

top topics

join