It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is enlightment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
students.

Do not worry.

The spirit shall be with thee. Ask a thousand times more for salvation every day.

Leave our children as who they are.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Huh?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Did I miss something?

Please enlighten me. . .
edit on 5/9/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Enlightenment =

Us in the dark regarding the OP.

And the OP enlightening us on WTF he is talking about.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Realizing the bigger picture. The death of the ego. That one is all and all is one. Realizing our daily efforts toward success, material goods, climbing the corporate ladder are all really utterly pointless. That we need to do everything with love, and with the intent of forward progression of the human race as a WHOLE. Not fighting each other, slitting throats to make a buck. Thats how I view it (although its much more in depth, it doesnt jsut happen on a saturday cuz youre bored)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Enlightenment is coming to the end of the philosophical journey, where the hours of study and practice pay off and you realize with certainty an intellectual force within your very being that can not be negated or dismissed under any scientific rationalizations. You realize this is enlightenment and it is real, however the "world" and society think differently, most importantly due to the fact they have never experienced it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To each their own definition. Enlightenment is the realization that the intellect in't the pinnacle of mankind and that true knowledge is direct knowledge (if I remember well, the Hindus use the word vijnana).
edit on 9-5-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
True Enlightenment can only come when the task of learning if the light goes out when you close the refrigerator door. Complete this task mighty grasshopper.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Did I miss something?

Please enlighten me. . .
edit on 5/9/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

lose 10 pounds, that will enlighten you...or...buy a flashlight if you're really in the dark. wallowing in self ignorance and stupidity can actually be a "fun" lifestyle for some people.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There, see, there we have it.

Now I can make loud noises.

enlightment, the word isn't much used in the bible. The bible mostly talks about ....Salvation. Being enlightened, here on the board, probably means being aware of the fact we need salvation. Be enlightened with this knowledge.

Do I sound paranoid? Evil is #ing ruining this place and we may not be prnd. Paranoia may be the first glimpse of knowledge. The enlightened knowledge of us needing salvation. How the heck were we able to make such huge evil a normal issue? What happened in the world to make societies with no comprehension of evil. Many haven't spoken out of fear. Many are fighting the battle against evil. Many can be helped, as I want to see it positively. Many seek.., nah, this isn't true. They aren't all like me. We suffer differently.

That would be a nice title for my new song, let's go

We suffer differently.

As I thought we were, we weren't. I wanted to kick the bucket but you wouldn't understand again. So I didn't.
What seems to be my fault? I thought it was my fault? You made me feel like it was I. And it wasn't I.
How could you make,.. hm, this is getting personal.

no need for posting this.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Being enlightened might mean being aware of your purpose in life. Think of it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
One who is enlightened talks enlightening. See, there was no mysterie about enlightment. All were looking to far ahead for that which was in front of their noses. Enlightened people know fear. Nothing more to fear than loosing your life. You, do not hold the keys of life and death. Howcome you don't die instantly reading these words? You don't have a hold on the powers that make you alive.

What is life?

I'll try again.

What is life?

Being elightened might mean being aware of facts. Maybe life is what we call nowadays, depression? Life is a depression. Sooo many negative thoughts. Would there be negative thoughts if there weren't anything negative. We try to loose negative thoughts meditating but that is just being overcome. Being in denial.

Maybe an enlightened man is a very grumpy man. Who ever said, now I speak of myself too. When you hear the word enlightment, the vibes evil give of is happyness. But an enlightened man can be a very grumpy man. Happy on the inside, doesn't mean happy on the outside.

Does an enlightened man even talk enlightening things? I think the answer lays in the simplicity of things.

I speak much, say much nonsense, but there is a message to my sayings. I really hope people get it.

what is my message to you. Yeah, that's good. Answer to me what the message to you was reading this. Would you like to do that for me, that would make a great thread. Did anybody learn anything?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

If the light within you be darkness, what have you?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I seem to make sense. !

with light comes suffering doesn't it? We humans suffer outside forces of darkness. It somehow made us who we are. What greatness it would be if all evil was rid out of this world.

Does anybody feel a higher sense of understanding?

I am troubled. Seems to be a lot of things are bothering me and I don't match the people in my surrounding. What I need is an evironment where improvement is appreciated. I feel I lost track along the way. My personal tarot card is the hermit. Why is it that after I haven't seen people for a long period of time, all returns to as things used to be. All my personal improvement is dumped into a trashcan. People don't grow with me and I need them to improve with me. Howcome this doesn't work? Stubornness. from their side. They won't let me improve. hn, Soon they'll understand about how I feel.

Time for a cup of coffee.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
students.

Do not worry.

The spirit shall be with thee. Ask a thousand times more for salvation every day.

Leave our children as who they are.

Honestly? I think it is a trap of the mind and heart; the tale of Icarus and Aladdin all in one. People are better served seeking higher degrees of sentient awareness via rationalism and self reflection.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Enlightenment is realizing there's no such thing as enlightenment.

We are all enlightened in our own ways.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Feeling happy is already a good thing. To feel free. Noone who's limiting your freedom. Being happy because of your freedom or being free and happy just because. Recognition for work done.

I'm going through a personal transformation. My thinking is changing. It's weird how forces can make you do things you don't want to do. Or better how forces can want you to do things you don't agree with.

I'm probably leaving nothing behind which could interest people. It's like I'm making an online diary.

Is everybody happy? I could go with feeling happy for while instead of being enlightened. Enlightened people do have problems and worries.

I know nothing. I think you can't make people notice if you are enlightened or not.

I sure hope interesting stuff will happen soon. May everybody feel happy. It's very good for your personal health. Positive force. I was not seen. Do you understand. You were here, but you were not seen. A total new vision upon onesself. Appreciation and recognition. It all slips into my life. Very good.

May the world be the best place to live in for everybody.

Ego can always come around the corner. Ego never lasts.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It is the birth of a higher soul.

new topics

top topics

join