It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed - The dirty little secret of the meat industry

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cd5love96
To the person who was explaining meat colors you're wrong. Meat isn't supposed to be red. They inject the meat with something that awakens the iron in the blood and make the meat red. Red meat appears to be fresher and is a tool to market the meat. If you look at pork chops they arebbrown. That's how meat is supposed to be. I don't know what the name of the thing they use to inject the meat but I know I explained it okay.

Carbon monoxide. It's explained here:

www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cd5love96

Yes you are right, I grew up with my grandfather owning a farm we got our meat from him real meat is not like the cosmetic meat we get in the stores, with marble fat (actually is ugly yellow) and blood red color (actually is brownish), the reason given to the consumer is to make the meat more actractive to the senses.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Yuck.. I'm glad I buy my own beef by the cow here locally.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zillah

To the person who was explaining meat colors you're wrong. Meat isn't supposed to be red. They inject the meat with something that awakens the iron in the blood and make the meat red. Red meat appears to be fresher and is a tool to market the meat. If you look at pork chops they arebbrown. That's how meat is supposed to be. I don't know what the name of the thing they use to inject the meat but I know I explained it okay.

Carbon monoxide. It's explained here:

www.usatoday.com...

Thanks bro for linking that. Yeah it's crazy and I'll admit I eat steak like nobody's business. I ought to stop and go vegan but there's something about steaks on the grill. Is there a trusted place to buy organic meat?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The dangers here are being totally overblown and I dare to say this is a blatant attempt to mislead people.

Transglutaminase has not been proven anywhere to be harmful. It is simply an enzyme, there is nothing sinister about it.

The ONLY real danger of this, is eating undercooked meat that has been glued together. The reason it's OK to eat a rare steak is because the bacteria is on the outside of the meat, which is cooked and the bacteria is killed. When you glue pieces of meat together, the surface of the meat is now on the inside of the whole piece, so when you cook the meat raw, the inside isn't cooked long/hot enough to kill enough bacteria to make it as safe as a whole steak.

A few people are making it seem as if Transglutaminase contains bacteria or somehow infects the meat, it does not. Transglutaminase is produced by bacteria, and then extracted. Other people are making it seem like it's a poison because they are wearing masks. That is because the stuff is a powder, you aren't supposed to inhale any powders, regardless of what it is.

So please, if people are going to be fear mongering and posting blatant disinformation, that's their choice, but everyone else should actually look into this before making up their minds.

As for me, I don't want to eat glued meats because I like my steaks pretty raw, and don't want to take the chance of having some nasty bacteria hidden in the center of my steak. But that bacteria is already on the meat, it's not from Transglutaminase.

Another thing, the act of "gluing" meat together can be done with plain salt. This is how salami and other similar meats are made. The salt performs the same basic function of Transglutaminase in binding the meat together. People really need to get their facts straight before making such a big deal out of everything.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think it is funny that people fear bacteria so much. Ever had a fresh steak? They are chewy and taste terrible. We like AGED beef. Beef that has been attacked by bacteria. My dad's job was to scrape the green slime off of beef as it ages. He is a vegitarian now. Consumers don't even know that beef is not red, that is dye.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Thanks bro for linking that. Yeah it's crazy and I'll admit I eat steak like nobody's business. I ought to stop and go vegan but there's something about steaks on the grill. Is there a trusted place to buy organic meat?

I'm a gal.
And it's no problem. I believe everyone should be aware of what they are consuming. I recently became a vegetarian because of this concern as well as the ammonia used to "clean" beef. As far as organic meat, I suggest doing a search online for distributors/grocers/butchers in your area.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

i think you are correct. but It still is not a good practice.

as i thought about this for a day, i came to the same conclusions; about wearing the masks etc.

Still, something to look out for and to avoid

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by James1982

i think you are correct. but It still is not a good practice.

as i thought about this for a day, i came to the same conclusions; about wearing the masks etc.

Still, something to look out for and to avoid

For sure, like I said I don't want to eat that stuff because I like rare steaks. There are dangers, but they are being misrepresented.

Plus, like anyone would probably agree, you should be told about 100% of the stuff in the food you are eating. If you aren't, that's wrong. Even if it is a pretty benign substance like "meat glue"

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They suggested smelling it to make sure it works, you put it on chicken first and it should smell like a wet dog. Then they warn that you should not inhale the powder. They don't tell you what would happen if you did. You are inhaling the powder if you smell it, just the smaller particles. Does anyone know what happens if you snort this stuff?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

thats why i dont buy packed cheap meat, instead by from slaughter house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join