It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed - The dirty little secret of the meat industry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

Apparently, meat manufactures take scraps of meat too small to sell, and paste them together using "Meat Glue"

"Meat glue is an enzyme known as transglutaminase. According to the report, many meat glues are created by cultivating bacteria. As shocking as it may sound, other meat glues are made from the blood plasma of pigs and cows, specifically the coagulant that makes blood clot. This "special enzyme" is so toxic that people working with the product must use masks as to not breathe it in. If meat suppliers are allowed to put it in our meat for us to eat, why can't they breathe it in?"

i thought i would be able to tell a real steak from a "manufactured meat glued steak" but apparently experts are hard pressed to tell the difference.

Also, "the bacterial contamination of meat glued steak is hundreds of times higher than authentic pieces of steak"

The European Union tried to ban the substance in may 2010

Again, greed outweighs common sense

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Oh that's disgusting.

I think I am going vegetarian.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This has been used for a while but in leu of recent events does not make me feel any better.
ATS Link: Politicians play russian roulette with. . .
ATS Link: Drug Resistant Bacteria found in nearly half of U.S. meat
edit on 5/9/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Wow...interesting post, I never knew about this before. That is highly concerning. It's no surprise that something proven to be highly toxic can be used in consumable products if it makes a profit or cuts costs. Artificial sweeteners, fluoride, etc. are similar examples.

edit on 9-5-2011 by BlahBleh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ya, they have been using meat glue for some time now. I work in the food service industry, and I can tell you that it is used for more than just sticking pieces of meat together, they also us it as a filler.

By the way, I can tell the difference between a whole-muscle meat product and a glued product from across the room. I don't know who these experts are but I hope they find better "experts".

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is the kind of member contribution that get me thinking about a research project.

If any one is interested in such, please u2u me for additional info on how to get started.

You are now returned to your regular unscheduled posting habits.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

"KOSHER" meat,, is BETTER..

tastes better,,, leaner.... healthier ,,,,,.....

need a link??

www.naturalnews.com...
or google..

edit on 5/9/11 by darrman because: had to adjust spellllinglish

link   
I think this is the worst part.

Just as the labeling of GMO foods is not required, food manufacturers are not obligated to let consumers know which products contain toxic meat glue Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

They don't have to label the product with information telling us that transglutaminase is "added" to the product.

We really need these labels so that we can make better decisions at the marketplace.

I would have to call this a crime, even if it was 100% safe. I still have a right to know what I am eating...

link   
I figured steaks would be harder to "glue" together. This seems more like somthing they would use in Ground Beef type meats. Where its just left over crap thrown together. Its still pretty nasty. When hearing about how they mess with foods, and GMO, all that crap it screams population control. It really shows they are trying to posion us, but not really make it well known that they are...fricken disgusted

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
While pointing out this sort of thing, and it can be on all levels, I have problems with this as it does not give anything to do about it.

Why not in the future, give the concept/idea of what is going on and then back it up with tangible information as to who may or may not be doing such things. This way, the rest of us may be able to make changes and even further investigate. As it is normally done, we get the info but no further information, that just leaves everyone guessing and not enough to really take it much further, it just further spreads fear without possibly any justification for doing so.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

As consumers, it's important (assuming you care) to know the source of the foods. Not always easy, but in today's modern world, the ability to research is literally at your fingertips.

This, not about beef (although I saw a Jamie Oliver segment where he shows a similar process, using beef (***) carcasses...can't find an example, yet)....here is a chicken demonstration. If you like McDonand's Chicken McNuggets...you may not wish to watch this:

The most surprising thing is at the end...the kids' reaction when asked if they would still eat that crap!

(***)

Found it....not best quality, tho....this person videoed it from his/her TV screen....but, you get the gist:

edit on 9 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This makes me glad I am vegetarian. However, simply going vegetarian does not remove you from danger. Its not just the meat industry where dodgy practices are commonplace.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
the list of foods that i dont eat anymore has been growing rapidly over the last few years..

at this rate i wont have many options left!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I would agree, these experts must be blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. by the time it takes to artistically glue together the perfect piece of meat, the profit margin would be gone. (i am a food service type myself)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Again, way to go FDA. Everything in a food product should be clearly labeled. Just who are the FDA in bed with that they let this snip pass

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Here’s the Youtube video. www.youtube.com...

This Is Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SnF, SnF, SnF

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The most surprising thing is at the end...the kids' reaction when asked if they would still eat that crap!
It's a good thing the McNuggets in Australian McDonald's are made with natural breast chicken...supposedly. Because that is just freaking foul.

And the reaction of the children at the end is mind blowing. I couldn't believe it...did they hear a thing he said? Are they just brainwashed or something...I don't get it.

EDIT: And that second video is even worse...I feel sick.

edit on 9-5-2011 by BlahBleh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Heres a question I just thought of, figured you'd all like this one. Are there anyways to tell whether your meat has this "glue' like are there slight color changes, smells, things along that line? I know if there is no blood when you squeeze it, it has perseritives(sp?) in it, so its no good. But then again, that could be faked as well I suppose.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What do they want us to do? Beg for our lives?
I swear if this keeps going on like this Im going to become an assassin in the future to get these corporations gutted.
How can they try to feed us poison?
Not like I trusted them one bit anyway. Meat sacks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Can you tell us of the ways you can tell? Because I would like to make eating this crap, and leave it at a minium.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join