It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you record the "Royal Wedding" on CBC or FOX?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just a another version of another thread with a more alluring title.

Looking for a specific ticker that went by on Fox on the day of the Prince William's wedding.

A couple of billion people watched it, surely someone was recording the news channels that day!
edit on 2011/5/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

haha no

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Good Idea.

This whole thing seems a bit fishy but I took the liberty to retweet what was already posted and some friends got back to me stating that they indeed saw a ticker at the bottom of their screens that indicated that FOX News was reporting that OBL was killed. That was on a French Canadian TV Channel (SRC/CBC for English viewers) Apparently, they too saw the Tweet and decided to report it. I'm trying to find some Rock Solid facts about that but can't find anything.

So if there is Canadian ATS'ers around, we should check that up as it is BIG NEWS!.

Thanks again for starting a tread about the search for truth!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I did, why whats up? Tell me what you're looking for, and I'll check it out later on tonight.

I didn't record the whole thing. I prolly got to record about an half an hour to an hour after the converge started

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

The exact time seems in question, so I'm not sure if you'll have it.

Looking for a ticker from FOX on April 28, 2011 that says that OBL was killed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

The ticker at the bottom reporting the OBL was dead.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY
Good Idea.

This whole thing seems a bit fishy but I took the liberty to retweet what was already posted and some friends got back to me stating that they indeed saw a ticker at the bottom of their screens that indicated that FOX News was reporting that OBL was killed. That was on a French Canadian TV Channel (SRC/CBC for English viewers) Apparently, they too saw the Tweet and decided to report it. I'm trying to find some Rock Solid facts about that but can't find anything.

So if there is Canadian ATS'ers around, we should check that up as it is BIG NEWS!.

CBC keeps archives. However, CBC has been known to huck archives when they are inconvenient. It isn't "supposed" to happen but it does.

So is the ticker these people saw was on CBC then?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just posting to get this in my subscribed threads.

Trowa

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yep that's pretty much it.

They said that CBC reported that FOX NEWS had released OBL death but nothing more.

Can't find it in the archives either..... weird.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Yep that's pretty much it.

They said that CBC reported that FOX NEWS had released OBL death but nothing more.

Can't find it in the archives either..... weird.

I'll amend the thread title to include CBC.

As I said, CBC's archives aren't inviolate. I know of a several cases of CBC archives disappearing, or I would assume being reclasified as security problems. They seem to get on it PDQ.

CSIS is pretty quick on the trigger. And reporters who fear being sued/used seem to have an extraordinary ability to just go pluck the archive out of the library.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Ditto. And to add....

The program aired at some point between the hours of 6 PM US PT and 8 PM US PT or (because there is an unanswered question about the timestamp on a tweet) between the hours of 9 AM US PT and 11 AM US PT

DVR'd or TiVo'd versions would be great. Or more help in scouring the net. We've covered a lot so far with nada.

edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Since tickers may repeat, or the date and time are off, if anyone has the full day recorded but doesn't want to scour it for this, I'd be happy to get a copy from you and watch for it myself!

Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Good Idea.

Frank, do you know what time your friends saw this at? Or what show they were watching?

It'd be worth noting here, that in North America this wedding happened in the early hours of April 29th 2011 (6am EST). April 29 11am BST.

April 28th would have been all pre-wedding talk on FOX.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Just a another version of another thread with a more alluring title.

Looking for a specific ticker that went by on Fox on the day of the Prince William's wedding.

A couple of billion people watched it, surely someone was recording the news channels that day!

Sorry, the evening before the wedding.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Excellent idea and expansion upon the other thread. I was hoping someone would do this! Great job bud! I'll keep my eyes and ears open - I'll be sure to post up, as soon as I hear anything more on this, from my end!

new topics

top topics

join