It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to deal with "Ignorance"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My first thread on the big world of ATS, would like to raise a question..

How do you deal with ignorant people.. ?

It frustrates me, when I ask a question or debate what the mass media tells me, that in general people laugh or resent me afterwards.

This happens with family, but also good friends, so now a days it makes me think twice before stating my "opinion and vieuw of the situation"

Have you experienced this, and what do you think about the ignorant attitude of people?

Are we all truly crazy conspiracy fanatics, or do we use OUR MIND

edit on 9-5-2011 by ShawHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ShawHawk

I've found the best way to deal with ignorance is to not deal with it at all. I only discuss certain things with certain people. Some have the mindset of wanting to know core truths, others are fine with whatever Inside Edition tells them that night.... figure out who's mind is where and only discuss "deep" things with them. Enlightenment is something people have to seek, it can't be shoved on them.

Out of all of my friends, only 1 has the brain capacity to discuss conspiracy type of topics without freaking out. It used to anger me that my other friends would obsess over things that literally don't matter at all in life like music videos, going to the club 3 days a week, NBA playoffs but when I bring up the fact that Fukushima is spewing radiation into the atmosphere 24/7 and its reaching the US, they look at me like I just gnawed the head off of a kitten.

Not everyone can or will be informed, its better to accept that then to stress over the whys.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ignorance is not a sign of intelligence, to educate the mass of willing is to eradicate ignorance. Those that chose to stay ignorant simply never evolve and die off. Simple!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Accept them and love them. You can't explain things, you can't even show them to people. People must experience things for themselves and they can only experience if they are actively seeking or at least open minded.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

fight Ignorance with ignorance. Dave chappel did it with his blind "black" white supremacist

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

Accept them and love them. You can't explain things, you can't even show them to people. People must experience things for themselves and they can only experience if they are actively seeking or at least open minded.

This. Anyone that truly wants to know will seek.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I know exactly where you are coming from. To be perfectly honest, if they don't want to know you cant force them to. If they put you down and ridicule you, then they are not real friends. I think the best thing you can do is just let them wallow in their ignorance, if they ever change their mind they know where you are, and if not then don't worry about it.

A lot of people know something is going down and they just want to enjoy the rest of their lives and not let crap like this bother them. This also means they are not preparing, so be careful they are not just using you to prepare while they have all the fun, cos I bet they'll be knocking on your door if SHTF.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Welcome to America, where ignorance flows like water from a government authorized levee explosion.

Where all ignorant eyes are peeled on Jersey Shore and Charlie Sheen. Where the less ignorant think a 'Birth Certificate' is all the rave. Where our man with the silver hair (Anderson Cooper) has an hour long interview about a dress (Royal Wedding). We don't care if we are helping/supporting Al Qaeda in Libya, we killed OBL...

Did Bernanke say inflation was still coming? QE2 will continue? basically the economy is DYING? It doesn't matter we got OBL...

Personal liberties? Not if you wanna feel safe. If we stage wars against terror, we can systematically take away your freedoms at home (TSA, PATRIOT Act). When was the last time you saw a small child strapped with an explosive? NEVER, but that doesn't stop the fear mongering, the pat downs of children, the infiltration of our God given rights.

Ignorance is Bog Governments best friend. People have been so absent from anything serious for so long, they don't even realize their own ignorance, their own stupidity. I've said it before, skeptics are good for a free country. If it weren't for skeptics, our government would run rampant and out of control. Just hope it's not to late, b/c they have already done a great job dumbing us all down.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShawHawk
How do you deal with ignorant people.. ?

Are we all truly crazy conspiracy fanatics, or do we use OUR MIND

Step #1 - Do not look at these people, or talk to these people, as if they are ignorant.
I could be wrong, but I am getting the impression that you think all of what you know is the truth, and all of what they know is a lie. That is highly unlikely. Nobody knows everything. Those on here, that think they do know everything, are the most ignorant of all.

Step #2 - Look into every issue, every story, every angle, everything, as if it is something new. Automatically talking as if you have joined some elite all knowing group of truly crazy conspiracy fanatics, will get you nowhere. Do not trust anyone on here 100%. Look at every post carefully, and use your own intelligence to determine what about it you want to believe, and what about it you think is BS.

This is the internet.
Almost any lie can be proven to be the truth.
Almost any truth can be proven to be a lie.

Only 1 thing I can guarantee- At least one person, and possibly many, will read my words and think I am ignorant. Maybe I am.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think that some people aren't guilty of the fact that they are ignorant. I don't deal with it, I try to avoid talking with them about threads which I know they don't understand, thus, avoiding frustration. But there are some other people that are ignorant because they just don't want to be the other way, in this case, I just don't talk to them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In my neck of the woods we refer to people who have an "open" and "questioning" mind about everything - political, religious, scientific and etc. as "SEEKERS".

Seekers are the kind of people who do not generally accept what the other person tells them on the face of it, however, they do research and seek the truth in what it is that they are questioning. No matter how delicate or sensative it may be to their own previous/current mindset.

This is not a popular thing to do and it is dangers for those at the top of the pyramid.

Religions will disfellowship/apostate/excommunicate you if you seek things beyond what THEY tell you to believe.
Governments will destroy you if you try to educate others and upset their apple carts.
The Scientific Community also has their own way of dealing with people who do not walk lockstep in the accepted ways.

One main theme among those at the top, they utilize the media to declare anyone who is rockin the boat as "Conspiracy Nuts". This then releases anyone who might begin to think of a new way or idea to immediately dismiss any real credibility on the person who is bringing to light the truth of things.

The media is "The Handlers" for the power brokers of the world for all the sheeple who are more concerned with which movie star, tv actor or sports hero's that got married, divorced, incarcerated or died. They refuse to be intelligent on matters and keep there minds open to the possibilities.

Remember, there is nothing that is too impossible given time+action=anything man sets his mind to.
edit on 5/9/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Mate; there are two sources of confidence in the world, one is knowledge and expereince and the other is ignorance. Dont try and 'correct' ignorance by confronting it. Plant seeds of doubt in what they think and why they think it.

I have the same problem with my family and friends. I've made the mistake of going overboard and now they don't even talk to me about events in the news. These days I tend to say nothing and just slip little things in once in a while. Most people beleive there politicans are good honest people who have 'we-the-people' best interest at heart etc. They have been 'taught' to beleive this through the media one sided reporting on it self as well as other events etc

This is what you have eat away at, slowly and in small chunks.

new topics

top topics

join