It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Market Rigger Is Government Itself (Gas prices are rigged says Blacklisted news)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
BlackListedNews

As gasoline prices passed $4 per gallon in Connecticut, Sen. Richard Blumenthal and Rep. Joseph D. Courtney joined President Obama in denouncing "speculators" and urging investigation of manipulation in the oil market. There are a few problems with this.

What problems are those you ask.

they never found anything more than the OPEC oil producer cartel's public but uneven efforts to support the oil price...OPEC's formation a half century ago was only a defensive response to the rigging of the currency markets by Western central banks

So if its not OPEC then who?

the U.S. Treasury Department and Federal Reserve, which were manipulating the value of the world reserve currency

The banks and the FED you say it cant be they serve the interest of the people non?

speculators in the oil market when gasoline last went to $4, in the summer of 2008, again when it crashed to $1.65 at the end of that year, and ever since then as it has risen back to $4. Big players in commodity markets can get away with a lot of manipulation because regulation by the U.S.

Well this aint pretty so the USA not only is devaluing the dollar but enabling speculators and the banks to run the markets silly.

So how do we fix it?

Any review of market manipulation should start with the biggest manipulator -- the U.S. government itself. With nearly complete secrecy, the Federal Reserve lately has been funneling hundreds of billions of dollars to private financial institutions

Makes sense so if you dont like the price at the pump let your local congress representative know its time to make the fed and the banks it feeds accountable and to regulate the market so they cant drive the prices up artificially.

What do you guys think?

edit on 9-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I for one support high gas prices. Not because our government rapes us of our money, but the fact that we can't just keep sucking up all these resources and expect this crap to be cheap. It's regulating how fast we consume this depleting fuel source.
edit on 9-5-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've thought this for awhile now... especially after hearing about the EPA shutting down Shell's new project (heres a link)
www.citizens4freedom.com... t-In-Alaskan-Arctic-Ocean.aspx

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuoatx
I for one support high gas prices. Not because our government rapes us of our money, but the fact that we can't just keep sucking up all these resources and expect this crap to be cheap. It's regulating how fast we consume this depleting fuel source.

I dont mind them hiking the prices for that either but I dont expect the banks and elites to be pocketing the cash...

just saying if they wanted to drive them up they could add more tax and use the money to develop alternatives. Too bad they dont work in our interests.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Someone is clearly manipulating prices. Canada always pays more, something about an agreement years ago, not sure how to describe it.

I watch a lot of American news, partly there is so much going on, and sometimes for entertainment value

Yesterday, I heard various times through the day, on different US stations, that the price of gas would likely be .50 less soon, probably by the summer. Definitely coming down, since the cost per barrel was coming down.

I don't know if Canada is in the know about something - they are expecting OBL retaliation aimed at the US, but this morning they were on about tips for making the gas mileage better, because they expect our gas to go UP $.50 per litre by the summer. Right now it's $1.34 per liter in Saskatchewan where I am.

Why are they telling you guys that it's going down 50 cents a gallon, and telling us it's probably going up 50 cents a liter

I sure hope our side is wrong on this!
edit on 9-5-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
When I was in Germany a month ago... after the metric translation it was 5.65 a gallon

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
When I was in Germany a month ago... after the metric translation it was 5.65 a gallon

Ya its at a buck 20 a liter here in canada sad when the price of the barrel goes down but the price at the pump goes up anyways...
Damn us for having voted in Steven Harper he will sell us out big time.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
more bad news on the oil front... Looks like the dems are going after the tax incentives for the big oil companies... which will make the price skyrocket.. PLUS we are about to lose 13% of our domestic supply when Louisiana gets hit by the river

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ofcourse they are manipulating the entire thing. Why are you so supprised?

Do you even know that the weak US Dollar is the result of an agreement between China and the US?

Why the US and China want a weak Dollar

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

Ofcourse they are manipulating the entire thing. Why are you so supprised?

Do you even know that the weak US Dollar is the result of an agreement between China and the US?

Why the US and China want a weak Dollar

Remember that noises have been made establishing the yuan as the world's reserve currency. The agreement was to facilitate Chinese acquisitions and financial entry into the U.S. markets and thus establish a pro quid pro with the United States. Conversely, America would also benefit by being able to sell products at advantageous prices and pay off our colossal trillion dollar debt with cheap dollars. Basically, this was the scheme achieved by China and the United States at that candlelight dinner.

nope but i do wonder how well it will work out for the USA. The more they lower the dollar the less every American is worth. (Canada too since were still pinned to the dollar) So while the price of oil is down gas is soaring 1.37 in Ontario today. Hapers gotta be proud.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

See I feel like theres an end plan "in case of" plan.... Dropping the dollar as the worlds reserve currency... getting together with canada and mexico using the Amero, then pumping oil out of Mexico.... we could be back to business in no time LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by zookey

See I feel like theres an end plan "in case of" plan.... Dropping the dollar as the worlds reserve currency... getting together with canada and mexico using the Amero, then pumping oil out of Mexico.... we could be back to business in no time LOL

heh things like the Amero never work out for the good.

Look at the Euro

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yea its rigged... with the ginormous profits big oil gets each and every damn year at the expense of everyone.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuoatx

I guess you support regular people paying out of their noses for food and goods also.

Petro fuel better remain affordable at least until something new is found or else the angry and hungry mobs will tear a hole throughout society that will be extremely expensive to fix.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Look at The NY Mercantile Exchange's Commodity Futures Exchange and that is who is driving up gas prices.

new topics

top topics

join