It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion/Jesus- Or just a cycle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wasnt sure where to post this but I was curious as to some thoughts you guys have on this topic. The Jesus "character" has been around before christianity in several other religions such as the Egyptians with Horus. The "christ character" is always born of a virgin, dies, and comes back 3 days later. Well most paganistic religions follow worship of the sun moon and stars. So my question is, with all of the dissasters and events taking place in our world today, the sun powering up toward 2012, the change into the age of aquarius (3 day process) is it possible that all religions are focused on a cycle of the sun? (Jesus= Son of God/ or God of Sun?) Could It be the "rebirth" of jesus was the suns cycle on the effect of the earth? Ive come to beleive that this existence is eternal, but is constantly reincarnating. Are we at the end of the cycle that the mayans knew about and were about to just restart?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hmm, nothing against the Mayans but I don't get how they predicted all of these great changes but in the end did not predict their own demise by the Europeans, its kind of sad lol.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ankona

In other words, you are asking if all religion, in it's most basic, stripped down form, is some sort of modern day offspring of Sun worship? The answer is YES! It was all based on the precession of the stars and the Sun's location in the sky, so naturally it is cyclical. It's the Galactic Year.
edit on 5/9/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I believe Christ is symbolic of the movement of the sun in the sky on the date Dec. 22-25. The winter solstice is supposed to be the lowest point the sun has in the sky, which was looked at as it's death, and for 3 days it doesn't seem to change it's path in the sky until afterwards, it begins it's ascent back higher in the sky, symbolically meaning the rebirth of the sun, or in other words, the "son".

And I honestly don't put much credence on 2012.
edit on 9-5-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
With all the predictions about jesus I'd like to inform you of something I read regarding the korans prophecy of jesus. His name is issa he does come again and it also gives a mysterious clue "from the darkness of dawn issa appears" . According to the koran jesus appears on the eastern side of damascus syria when there is a major war he descends from the sky ,his hair long ,reddish beard, saffron robes, now when he left earth there was a solar eclipse and he appears on one "that explains from the darkness of dawn" dawn is light only a solar eclipse can make it dark.
Interesting as well he does 4 major things when he appears he destroys all crosses on earth besides many others.he brings and end to a major war and then peace and he abolishes tax that mankind pays. And christianity ends.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ankona

Hopefully not a cycle.

We need to get off our knees and stop praying to the void before it's too late. The Andromeda Gallaxy is on a collision course with our own, our sun will eventually boil our oceans. Let's get off our knees and start believing in truth, not speculation.

One thing for sure, God won't interfere in the inevitable death of Life on earth. What will happen, will happen.
edit on 9/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join