It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we allowed to know the date of the Lord’s return?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

There's something so intrinsically likeable and honest about IAM, that it's difficult to disbelieve him on grounds of distrust

I think IAMIAM is like most peope, especially on ATS, we just want everyone to get along, IAMIAM uses Jesus to spread that message. It's not that i distrust him, just that i disgaree with him.

What's more frustrating is his claim to a lack of a label, despiting preaching what would be considered as a modern reformation of Christianity.

Again, i don't distrust or dislike this user, i just disagree.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

But once again that is the best part...

He doesn't care if you disagree, similar to myself... We both say believe what you will.

So disagree all you want, and question him by all means.

theres nothing more amusing to me then when he puts people in their place

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You wrote:

["Yes i know, theres a lot of people that prefer to reserve the use of the word God. I am not one of those people."]

With 3500 different 'gods' to choose between, any claim of THE 'god' instead of A 'god' is simply an expression of ideological megalomania. A tad worse; ... if THE specified 'god' is THE 'god' other competing religionists talk about, but have misunderstood. And worst, when THE 'god' is THE option for all trans-cosmic speculations. It's only a few hours ago I read a post, in which it was claimed, that 'Nirvana' just is another way of describing the achievement of 'god-consciousness'.

Not only arrogance, but ignorant arrogance.

Quote: ["You might have filled your daily quota of religious debate for today,"]

No, only for being quarrelsome. So shoot.

Quote: ["Theres been a lack of decent religious threads lately on our forums."]

The main-difference I see is the increasing absense of OT, frothing-around-the-mouth, fire-and-brimstone repetitive bible-verse preachers, alternative the sugar-coating embellishers. Can't say I miss any of those, except that it could be fascinating, when they eventually arrived to the point of completely loosing it and started on the abusive raving. But that's more in the street-theater department.

Personally I see much less invasive missioning in the form of monopoly-attitudes from theists. It's easier to have a real dialogue now.

In any case my own position is (as you know) not that of atheism, so I'm not bound by any black/white allegiances in the theist-atheist disputes.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Neither does Morpheus.

Commander Lock: Dammit, Morpheus. Not everyone believes what you believe.
Morpheus: My beliefs do not require them to.

But he's not claiming anything supernatural, he's not teaching people that they should follow Jesus and they'll find the answer to all of our solidarity problems.

If IAMIAM was honest about where we get our morality from, the fact that we can't prove whether Jesus existed or not and even that there's no evidence to suggest that his moral or ethical teaching was the best then i'd respect his "guru" persona a bit more.
edit on 28/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Akragon

Neither does Morpheus.

Commander Lock: Dammit, Morpheus. Not everyone believes what you believe.
Morpheus: My beliefs do not require them to.

But he's not claiming anything supernatural, he's not teaching people that they should follow Jesus and they'll find the answer to all of our solidarity problems.

If IAMIAM was honest about where we get our morality from, the fact that we can't prove whether Jesus existed or not and even that there's no evidence to suggest that his moral or ethical teaching was the best then i'd respect his "guru" persona a bit more.
edit on 28/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

haha, thats funny i was going to use that quote in a reply to you actually...thanks bro

Im not telling people to follow Jesus either, nor is he... He's showing a path that was explained many years ago, which is the correct path for spiritual progression. If you or anyone else choses to walk that path, so be it... If not...same deal.

You continuously repeat "theres no proof jesus existed" but what you're missing is...that doesn't matter.

Christ showed the path, he led by example. If he didn't exist thats fine, who ever wrote about the man named Jesus had the correct idea on how one should live his life.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

With 3500 different 'gods' to choose between, any claim of THE 'god' instead of A 'god' is simply an expression of ideological megalomania. A tad worse; ... if THE specified 'god' is THE 'god' other competing religionists talk about, but have misunderstood. And worst, when THE 'god' is THE option for all trans-cosmic speculations. It's only a few hours ago I read a post, in which it was claimed, that 'Nirvana' just is another way of describing the achievement of 'god-consciousness'.

Not only arrogance, but ignorant arrogance.

yup i understand that, i believe i discribed what God is to you before though. This is why i use the term... i know what God is...But of course you don't have to agree with me, no one does.

Unfortunatly i've never experienced "Nirvana" so i can't comment on what it is...i've heard the same thing from others...

The main-difference I see is the increasing absense of OT, frothing-around-the-mouth, fire-and-brimstone repetitive bible-verse preachers, alternative the sugar-coating embellishers. Can't say I miss any of those, except that it could be fascinating, when they eventually arrived to the point of completely loosing it and started on the abusive raving. But that's more in the street-theater department

See but these are the posts i like to see... They show ignorance towards their own book, which i admit.... i love to correct. And its even more fun when they get hostile, it shows the world who they really are... And again i'll admit... i love to expose a liar or a fraud.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

haha, thats funny i was going to use that quote in a reply to you actually...thanks bro

We can all reference fiction to add clarity to our arguments, even the bible. even the fiction of our imagination (GOD)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join