It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America have Ron Paul who does the UK have?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
America has Ron Paul for its 'wild card' in politics, they at least have hope!

Our political systems doesent have this 'wild card' instead we have the same old same old Cameron, Clegg and the Miliband twins.

The Labour, Consertative and Lib dems offer nothing to me as a voter.

Not one of the parties call for an end to the wars.
Not one of the parties are talking about decreasing the fuel duty or how they are going to lower the price of oil.
Not one of the parties call for a cull on greedy bankers.
Not one of the parties call to be removed from the EU
Not one of the parties call for tax breaks on people working more than one job.

So as you can see they are not dealing with bread and butter issues instead they warn of tough times to come and expect high tax's as we pay for the wars and to bail out the bankers.

So my question to you is, are there any parties that will represent ME in government or that are trying establish themselves. The BNP and EDL dont count, if i wanted to be a racist bigot i would go live in South Africa.

In times of darkness im looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.
edit on 9-5-2011 by michaelmcclen because: elaborated

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You better put something in the OP before this thread is deleted.

But to answer your question the UK has Nigel Farage. I love that guy. Lord Monckton would also be another respectable candidate.
edit on 5/9/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah I like Nigel, he's actually not afraid to call these people out for what they are. Ron Paul is too nice sometimes and he thinks everyone's intentions are good, they just do the wrong things.

I love ron paul too just saying.
edit on 9-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't like farge but I feel he's doing a good job in brussels of representing my opinion.

we do have a a libertarian party though lpuk.org...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm tempted to say Alex Salmond. He's an economist, never dodges questions and has almost *(but not quite) the same feelign about him as Ron Paul.

I've followed him for years and can't fault him. I'm no expert, i'm sure he has put a foot wrong before, but when he talks, inspires confidence.

Anyone else got a view of Mr Salmond?

Peace

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Alan Hope for pm, he is the real deal and wants to stop global warming by putting air conditioning units in the streets of London.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
I'm tempted to say Alex Salmond. He's an economist, never dodges questions and has almost *(but not quite) the same feelign about him as Ron Paul.

I've followed him for years and can't fault him. I'm no expert, i'm sure he has put a foot wrong before, but when he talks, inspires confidence.

Anyone else got a view of Mr Salmond?

Peace

I have never had a problem with this man, he has helped Scotland out in many ways and has always stood up to be accounted for. I hope to god he calls for referendum on Scotland being controlled by the UK. If he had the balls i would like to see him nationalise the oil fields off Scotland coast and bring cheaper fuel to the Uk as a whole.

But i dont suspect he will run for the UK's post of first minister (Prime minister). Even through Brown and Blair where from Scotland i dont see Alex going for the post.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

Salmond is the leader of the Scottish National Party, it's a Scottish party, not a UK party.

For Mr Salmond to be voted in to a position where he could be 'Prime Minister' of the UK the English and Welsh would have to vote for his party to win the next general election and the SNP do not campaign in England or Wales.

His jurisdiction is in the Scottish Parliament, in Edinburgh.....not in London.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiptrim

Salmond is the leader of the Scottish National Party, it's a Scottish party, not a UK party.

For Mr Salmond to be voted in to a position where he could be 'Prime Minister' of the UK the English and Welsh would have to vote for his party to win the next general election and the SNP do not campaign in England or Wales.

His jurisdiction is in the Scottish Parliament, in Edinburgh.....not in London.

Never said he did fella,

I live in N.I and know how the system works. But his party can hold seats in the UK if they win in UK elections, just as the DUP have 8 seats in the UK parliment and Sinn Fein have held seats for decadeds but refuse to take them because they do not want to say the oath to the Queen.
edit on 9-5-2011 by michaelmcclen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think Rowan Atkinson would do a pretty good job.

maybe too good ....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You could vote for Nick Clegg.

He doesn't have the will to work on ANY of his own ideas, just does what David Cameron tells him.

Of course, the ideas that he DOES try, like Alternative Voting, fail spectacularly.
edit on 9-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
I think Rowan Atkinson would do a pretty good job.

maybe too good ....

So long as he stays in character as Mr Bean. A politician who hardly says a word would be a nice change.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Regardless of country, the left vs right paradigm is what prevents advancement in said countries. The lines being drawn, and the division between the parties, much less the people is a fear tactic used to control the masses. Keyword there: Control.

If we could abolish the two party system in its entirety, we most likely wouldn't have the problems of politics as usual scheme.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I can just see the English running off to the polls in their droves to vote in a Scottish Nationalist!
(no matter how nice a man he might be he's ANOTHER bloody Scotsman)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That George Galloway is it?
2nd

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realms

Regardless of country, the left vs right paradigm is what prevents advancement in said countries. The lines being drawn, and the division between the parties, much less the people is a fear tactic used to control the masses. Keyword there: Control.

If we could abolish the two party system in its entirety, we most likely wouldn't have the problems of politics as usual scheme.

I completly agree with you on your view of doing away with political parties and have more public referendums on topics of intrest, instead of having one man doing what he thinks is best for us and using the 'whip' system to keep everyone in line. I say screw that and make voting in the UK's parliment secret. Remove the party whips to remove the controll the PM has over the ministers.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

it does not matter who you vote in the agenda is the same. our(uk) government is just a glove puppet for the banks. kennedy went against the bankers and the elite and look what happened to him, i think that was a message to future heads of state saying that will happen to them if they dont comply. we as a whole are being screwed and unless we revolt there will be nothing we can do about it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Alex Salmond is alright, he is leading Scotland to Independence. We have had enough of Westminster telling us what to do. The ministers down south are afraid we will keep all of our oil to ourselves, apart from the oil they couldn't care less so hurry up Independence i say!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A lot of people will say Nigel Farage but hes a lying scumbag who has been caught out so many times that it makes me sick.I used to support UKIP but not anymore after they admitted they were pro EU etc so the only man who i can think of would be Nick Griffin who has been smeared to high heaven with lies to shut him out of the spotlight.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
That George Galloway is it?
2nd

Galloway isn't everyone's cup of tea but at least the guy doesn't mince his words and as polititians go is perhaps one of the most honest and straight talking of the bunch. Hell I'd vote for him and I think the voting system is a farce.
edit on 9-5-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join