It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False predictions and ridicoulous conspiracy theories!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

However it is more thought and better conveyed then some of the posts that get s&f'd to death because it conforms with the majority of beliefs here or can be interwoven with their belief.

This is true, however

One will believe what one will believe. So what is the probelem then, that some are getting more stars and flags than others?

They seem to be 'pat on the back threads', with replies like "thats right when will they wake up" or "good find s&f!".

Again what might be black to you might be white to some one else. So, what is the problem here then not enough pats on the back for some?

See now I just ranted too lol

Once again proving my non theory that this should be in the rant forum

This whole site is a formula for ranting.

I have to disagree with you here. I my self have ranted many times but this is not why I come on Ats.
There are enough forums and threads to keep one busy, see something you dont like, move along and you will see something you do.

If you feel inclined to post a reply in some thread that dont make sense to you then so be it, like I am here.
It all works, depends on who you are.
Some might believe in fairies and dwarfs, who am I to say they dont?
So there will be differences. Some might think the thread posted was crap, but the OP will think otherwise.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

What I meant by fomula is exactly that. The premise of the site is supposed to be discussing alternative theories. It doesn't discriminate you on what your opinion of those are in order to join and allows people of both beliefs to get together and share their sides. Problem is the individuals getting together are like minded in attitude, that they are not to be swayed from their beliefs and that they are here to share their facts with everyone. I think alot of the constant berating that some get lead to these rants. People who are set in their beliefs, on opposing fronts, and the freedom of discussion on forums is a recipe for ranting. In the long run, both sides can be found guilty of everything we accuse each other of. There have been some threads Ive seen where both sides learned something from each other and both agreed that we interpret this information differently and cant rewire each others brains. Unfortunately it gets dwarfed by all the "your ignorant of science and stupid" vs "your brainwashed sheeple" arguments which will never end.
Its a fun site though eh? Lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Apocalyptic

Humans are believe it or not...generally compassionate and decent. Not monsters out to sicken you with your food, brainwash you and put your family to work for them. Government workers are people too...people with families and loved ones.

I agree that some humans are compassionate and decent, however, there are those who are decietful and self-serving as well. Money= power and survival. A poorly paid government worker or soldier, when offered enough money to keep his/her family safe and comfortable, may go along with many things they ordinarily would find morally wrong. It's human nature, the survival instict. There are numerous reports of government workers, reporters, scientists, etc., who have been murdered, or died under suspicous circumstances because they knew too much. Even good people will do what the government wants when threatened. The government has the power to destroy your life. They can also make it darn comfortable if you play ball. These people, as you have stated, have families and loved ones, they can justify keeping quiet by knowing their families will be taken care of. Who could blame them?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think most conspiracy theories make for great fiction and great movies imho...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

There have been some threads Ive seen where both sides learned something from each other

This is one of the main reasons I come on here. It's a great community and nothing can take that away from this site. I've had many heated disscussions here on Ats and I dont regret them. I've actually learned along the way and hope I gave something back also.

Its a fun site though eh?

100%.
I very much like Ats. I find that the threads that contain substance on the topics I like out weighs the ones that dont.
In the end, I feel entertained and informed (sometimes mis-informed, but hey, take a look at the world around you).

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I often wonder what people like you are doing at a site like this.

ALS

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I often wonder what people like you are doing at a site like this.

ALS

80% for entertainment and 20% ufo/government/conspiracy news.

See....I believe in some wacky stuff that many of my friends/family would and have ridiculed me for. I believe 1000% in ETs and UFOs. I believe we have and are being visited. I believe something happened in Roswell in 1947 that the US government thought better to hide than disclose. I think they have something at Area 51 or another site that would change the world forever. I believe that the world will end at some point either by major natural event or man kind but predicting this is virtually impossible.

I too enjoy this site or else I wouldn't be here. I usually just read threads and rarely post. But the recent earthquakes, storms, etc. have sparked too many crazy theories to keep my mouth shut.

I just hope people can contribute and suggest things...without making up complete bogus stories of dreams, premonitions or predictions for the sole purpose of entertainment at others expense.

And lastly...I hope nobody disrupts or manipulates the lives of their loved ones and children due to unproven theories and ideas.

For example...these F'd up people who believe the world will end on May 21st because of some crazy mathematical/biblical concepts. Its sad because people left their jobs and some of them have their children helping to hand out pamphlets. These poor kids being led to believe the world will end. Just hope it doesn't turn into another "Heaven's Gate" story. If something goes down thats big that day...I promise...I'll be praying to God at the speed of light.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Personally, I ignore most of the prediction and dream threads. After the first seven or eight times a newby comes to ATS and enters that first post that says something like, "Hi, I'm new here, so please forgive this prediction..." my eyes started glazing over everytime a newby does this. You're correct in that there is a LOT of noise, and a lot of "something's going to happen on __________ date" which is usually 1 week to 1 month away. Of course, ATS is far, far more defined by other threads.

I also agree that people shouldn't disrupt their lives or harm themselves because of an ATS doom thread. If so, then that person was unstable already. But, is it a good idea to stock up on emergency supplies like food, water, tools, medication, dog food, etc.? Sure. In fact, the US government highly recommends a disaster kit. Right now, when you have power, a secure home to sit in, and plenty to eat and drink handy, it sure is easy to dismiss those necessities. But, imagine tornadoes just ripped through your town (like the east coast a couple of weeks ago), suddenly you need all of those things even if your home had not suffered direct damage. If you aren't prepared with at least 2 weeks of supplies, then you are completely dependent upon government hand-outs. And what if a future response is more like that of the Katrina response? But, going out and spending your savings all in a day because of a doom/gloom thread on ATS is a bit much, too.

You mentioned you were into UFOs. Personally, I'm not a "believer." Using that term is incorrect, but debunkers use it as a subtle discredit, like you're a cultist *believing* in something intead of someone interested in the topic with a healthy skepticism and open minded curiosity about the phenomenon. Therefore, I classify myself as the latter, not the former. A FANTASTIC book about UFOs that also weaves into it GOVERNMENT SECRECY is Richard Dolan's "UFOS AND THE NATIONAL SECURITY STATE." I thought I knew about UFOs, since I'd been reading about them since a kid. Not so fast, I learned with every page of Dolan's book I turned.

In fact, I learned that I knew very little about the subject. You can learn a lot about something by reading how our government reacts to it. An analogy comes to mind: it's like throwing POWDER on something INVISIBLE ---you don't actually see the object, but you see how the powder allows you to see its shape. Highly recommended book. You will see the enormity and the extent of government secrecy, --and the lengths it will go to in order to silence those who might speak, even a former Secretery of Defense (Forrestal) who was most likely murdered/assassinated/silenced. The bizarre chain of events leading to his "suicide" while under suicide watch is worth reading in and of itself.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I love reading about these doom and gloomers who are absolutely convinced something bad is going to happen because they have a "feeling" and use logic like "I'm usually never like this...blahblahblah" right, that's what everyone says...and they're (usually) ALWAYS WRONG. When I first came here, a lot of the # scared the crap out of me because I was naive and stupid to believe that people on here knew more than anyone. Boy, have I had a good laughs out of some posts. Don't get me wrong, some are GREAT, but some...

I am also well aware that this site is for people who think out of the box...but sometimes it's just out of hand and a little too out of the box, and they actually believe it. Thanks for the post.

btw, I've lurked here for over a year, and I've definitely seen a lot of change.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. After reading it I can see you and me are one and the same, I agree with all the points you just made.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join