It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False predictions and ridicoulous conspiracy theories!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Let me just say that I'm a believer in bigger things but I'm also definitely a skeptic. But I'm a skeptic only because I'm logical. Government, religion, etc. don't effect my beliefs and thoughts. I'm posting this as a rant regarding all the ridiculous posts and false predictions on this site.

Now I KNOW this site is all about discussing conspiracy theories but the massive volume of noise is generates complete obscures the very few and fascinating stories, sightings and thoughts.

My big problem with all the "believers" and predictions is that all of it is based on ZERO evidence. And many people's predictions are based on loose facts or data that have been twisted to favor their belief or prediction.

Interpreting typical earthquake data as "epic", chemtrails, dreams/visions, sightings of obvious Chinese lanterns believed to be UFOs, ridiculous claims of ships around the sun, earth or behind comets, false Elenin predictions etc....I could go on forever...its complete idiocy and just generates so much noise that its hard to fish through it to get to any actual scientific proof of anything.

My favorite though is the "government is out to get you" scenario. Sure...governments have agendas and there's no doubt there are people in power with a plan of their own. But lets be real...the entire government isn't out to drop a veil over your eyes and brainwash you with waves from your TV and turn you into a zombie or put you in a fema camp. The main reason!?...because all these believers FAIL to calculate the "human" element. They right everyone off as a robot or drone in a big dark conspiracy. Humans are believe it or not...generally compassionate and decent. Not monsters out to sicken you with your food, brainwash you and put your family to work for them. Government workers are people too...people with families and loved ones.

Many of these ridiculous theories would never work because they would require far too many people keeping quiet and taking orders. Sure...again...there are people who do that. But it is IMPOSSIBLE to do that on a scale to hide something truly massive like an "end of world" scenario or chem-trailing...another insane and stupid theory.

I think many people post fake videos of aliens/ufos and try to start fear mongering through false predictions are doing it simple as entertainment! Its the classic kid breaking or burning something to see what happens scenario. Some dumb kid gets on here and says...ooh...just detected a 5.4 off the coast of Japan..my prediction..end of world coming. Sad thing is that so many people take the bait and get sucked in and just spirals out of control.

So in ending..here's my predictions:

1. No chem-trails...stupid
2. May 21st and 22nd...I'll be enjoying a nice BBQ afternoon playing with my boys outside
3. Elenin..will be fun to see through my telescope than a nice goodbye to it for how ever many years until its return.
4. December 2012...getting ready for xmas fun and then onto 2013!

I sleep well at night...because I know that with 99.99999% certainty...the planet will be fine the next day. The planet WILL end someday and people WILL perish eventually...either slowly due to climate change or quickly due to war or major event...no doubt. But I also know that its next to impossible to know when it will happen. Could be tomorrow...could be a million more years from now. Please...enjoy life and have fun...but don't add to the noise.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Great post.

ATS has definitely changed since I joined just several months ago. Many more "outlandish" conspiracy theories about everything that happens. Every event is a conspiracy now, and every date is going to be the end of the world. I can't remember seeing the phrase "false flag" so many times. I know this site is based on conspiracies, but a few go too far.

I'm a Christian; my perspective is that if God intends for the world to end today, so be it. Only He knows when that time will be, so I won't worry about it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocalyptic

I wonder if this is how the people in Germany thought during WW2. Our government isn't killing the jews they are just relocating them. Eugenics lol whats that? It would take way to many people to cover up the Holocaust so it must not of happened.
edit on 9-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)
I see you got two stars so i will explain what i actually said. No i didn't compare the state of the USA with the Holocaust i used it as an example to show governments hide stuff and that was an extreme case but none the less it happened.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Are you seriously comparing the state of our country to the Holocaust?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

the common debunker for 9/11, 'it would take too many people to cover it up' ..........

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ffman

No im just showing you how sheepish you sound. by pointing out a time when that kind of stuff "government coverup and control"that you posted did exist and not to long ago i might add. I understand that because you have children you want to accept that everything is on the up and up but sadly it isn't. Does that mean i believe every conspiracy lol no but to not understand the governments actions lately and their obvious grab for more power over the citizens at the cost of our freedoms is well ignorant.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I agree with OP completely... My first post here... (I was reading the forums for months before I signed up) I got called a "dis-information agent"

Oh... Okay

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I hear ya dude,

But no even the hardest sceptic can deny our governments lie to us on a daily basis.
Small things like election promises all the way up to reasons for going to war etc

People like myself who are sick of this stuff are forced to read between the lines, connect the dots and look for patterns and connections with things that are happening to try and gleam some truth from whats going on.

Ill be the first to admit most conspiracy theories are just nonsense, thought up either by people who are having a laugh, people who are deliberately trying to mislead us or as in most cases people with over active imaginations.

But when you look at the defination of "conspiracy"

–noun, plural -cies.
1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

its hard to deny they go on everyday, they dont need to all be about aliens and reptiles or secret plans by TPTB to poison us but they most definately are a reality

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

So you came to ATS to inform all of us "crazy" people, that we are all crazy?

Keep us updated what the pretty box tells you to say.

People aren't generally compassionate in any meaningful way. Most people are selfish at heart.

Let me just sum up your message:
1)We are a bunch of lunatics
2)There is a bunch of kids running around posting insane theories
3)You work in the private sector
4)Everything is great
5)The world will end someday, but it won't end in my lifetime, so who cares

Thanks for coming.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This of course is all just....your opinion.
You said the OP is a rant so why aint it in the rant forum, their is no general conspiracy here, what there is though is a rant

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Agree, paranoia is rife on these boards and people need to chill out and stop seeing the devil in everything. Sometimes things are as they are and nothing more.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

My favorite though is the "government is out to get you" scenario. Sure...governments have agendas and there's no doubt there are people in power with a plan of their own. But lets be real...the entire government isn't out to drop a veil over your eyes and brainwash you with waves from your TV and turn you into a zombie or put you in a fema camp. The main reason!?...because all these believers FAIL to calculate the "human" element. They right everyone off as a robot or drone in a big dark conspiracy. Humans are believe it or not...generally compassionate and decent. Not monsters out to sicken you with your food, brainwash you and put your family to work for them. Government workers are people too...people with families and loved ones.

Have you ever watched the video from Dwight "Ike" Eisenhower about bewaring the military industrial complex? An American president is warning We the People that a chance of misplaced power could happen. I don't think he would have even brought this up if he wasn't seeing it implemented before his eyes.

You're right, no one is out to get us, as long as you fall in line and obey.

You don't see it because it hasn't directly effected you yet.

When it does, you'll change your mind.

One word will tell you why one hand of the Gov. doesn't know what the other hands is doing. The word is Compartmentalize : to separate into isolated compartments or categories. Only giving their employees need to know information.

They know what they are doing.

By the way, I don't have trouble sleeping at night either. Like a baby.

edit on 9-5-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
DOOM Coming From The Skies. The most medieval fear is being introduced in our XXIst century everyday culture in the form of chemtrails, elenin (killing version), nibiru...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You're correct. Some of the stuff posted here is ridiculous. But then again, the last time I checked ATS was a conspiracy website, where people are free to present their OPINIONS and open them up to debate. You can no more prove that chemtrails, Nibiru, UFOs, etc. are not real than others here can prove they are. None of us know for certain.

Further, if you think our government doesn't participate in shady dealings, then you are only kidding yourself.

So you go ahead and have that BBQ on May 21st and 22nd, but make make sure you check whatever it is you're cooking, because genetically modified food is REAL, and celebrate your Christmas on 12/25/2012, and keep believing that everything you read in that Bible of yours is factual and hasn't been interpreted and manipulated to further someone's agenda.

By the way, I am enjoying a beer with Elvis, Hitler, and several occupants of the Roswell craft, all while Bigfoot is kicking the Mothman's ass in a friendly game of cornhole. Cheers!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

This is true, no argument here. However it is more thought and better conveyed then some of the posts that get s&f'd to death because it conforms with the majority of beliefs here or can be interwoven with their belief. An example is when someone puts up just an article and a sentence which would they think would relate to an existing conspiracy theory (normally with no concrete proof or a conjecture as to why its related). They seem to be 'pat on the back threads', with replies like "thats right when will they wake up" or "good find s&f!". This adds up to some frustration on some here who see dome blatant denial on some pertinent points brought up by the opposing end of the debate on many trivial posts. And how many rants have you seen that seem to start out with a single theory, then degrade into every other theory they have seen on here while neglecting to explain any more on the original idea. Starts to look like as every thread becomes the same thing. See now I just ranted too lol
This whole site is a formula for ranting.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thank you op.
There are too many doomsday predictions every week. Its so annoying. All kinds of crazy predictions or government conspiracies to enslave us or nwo behind earthquakes.
I first came to ATS in 2007 and its not he same anymore. Its much harder to find topics that are not about the end other the world.

S&F

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khayal
Agree, paranoia is rife on these boards and people need to chill out and stop seeing the devil in everything. Sometimes things are as they are and nothing more.

I completely agree with you. Not everyone/thing is bad. But, politics, religion and business have always had very dodgy people who will sink lower than the depths of hell to get ahead. This is undeniable fact, backed up with so much evidence and a human history with way too much spilled blood for pointless causes.

A lot of things happen. We are told a story - we should not believe that story based upon a reporters word. We should do what we can to verify that reporter has told us the whole truth. Often this is not the case, conversation is often edited, twisted, taken out of context to sell a story.

So often the case is that we have been lied to. Its like the boy who cried wolf, how are we to know they are telling the truth as they have lied so often? And when these news outlets are owned by some of the most ruthless businessmen in the world, that is even more reason to distrust them. Its hard not to see the devil in everything, when the devil controls everything.

Humans by nature are a very deceptive species.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's important to have an open mind as well as a skeptical one. Sure, a person accepts new, strange ideas that he/she might not have considered before, --with an open mind. Sure, that open mind should be wary, as there is a lot of noise here on ATS and elsewhere. However, being skeptical doesn't necessarily mean discrediting theories such as chemtrails, etc. without facts. It seems that the OP has done just that: waved his or her hand and simply dismissed theories without facts. As Stanton Freidman is known for saying, "Don't bother me with the facts because I've already made up my mind." The OP has also committed the glaring error of conducting "research by proclamation." In other words: "Because I say it is so, chemtrails do not exist, and they are stupid."

I'm not arguing for or against chemtrails. I use that as an example. The OP simply says: chemtrails are stupid. End of debate. So, for all you folks who notice strange, lingering clouds or microfibers on your land, this OP has solved the problem. For all of you who are still alive from the GOVERNMENT SPRAYING of major US population centers since the 1950s -1980s and beyond, the OP says chemtrails are stupid. You weren't sprayed at all, no matter how many valid FOIA-requested government documents state that the CIA (the government) did, in fact, spray chemicals, toxins and biological agents over our own people to test the effects. The OP says it's stupid.

In the above paragraph, you not only get that there is some validity to "chemtrails," but that THE GOVERNMENT IS OUT TO GET YOU (at least in the sense that it will test toxins and agents on an unsuspecting population to see what happens, --IF that qualifies). The government may not be out to get YOU, per say, but it sure doesn't give a rat's caboose whether or not the agents it sprays over you gets you sick. In that example, you are nothing more than secretly gathered data that illustrates the effectiveness of their delivery systems and testing material (toxins, chemicals, bio-agents, what-have-you, etc.). You might want to conduct some research before off-handedly dismissing a subject. You know, there might be a lot of noise, or smoke, about certain subjects. If these things were as black/white simplistic as you make them out to be, then there would be no controversy.

About government secrecy, and secrecy in general, one of the biggest myths out there is that a secret is so huge as to be impossible to keep. That's like the saying about the Devil, in that the greatest trick he ever performed was to convince the world that he didn't exist. The Manhattan Project during WWII proved that huge secrets can be kept. Secrets are compartmentalized. Secrets are based on "the need to know." Secrets are different at each level. Anyone *believing* that secrets can't be kept have fallen into that fallacy trap. The OP reveals him/herself to be a believer that secrets cannot be kept. Yes, secrets are leaked out, but there are a great many, the most important ones perhaps, that are still kept. Further, *PRIVATIZATION* is a means to keep secrets. Once a government project becomes so important a secret to keep, that project is *privatized," --i.e. handed over or converted into a corporation. At that precise moment, that project (those SECRETS) are no longer publicly accountable and our government's hands are OFF. Further, now those secrets are considered proprietary --even more secrecy since MONEY is involved (stock holders, etc. --private, secret stock holders). Exotic technology that started off in government labs, such as Los Alamos, has been privatized into secrecy since the late 1940s.

Sure, most likely on May 21st, 22nd, December 2012... We'll all be MOST LIKELY be living our lives just as we expect, no surprises, nothing unusual. But, *most likely* is just that: most likely. We don't know what the future holds. Engaging in discussions about these topics on ATS doesn't directly translate into not being able to sleep well at night.

Basically, with all due respect, the OP's message is that he/she has not done much research him/herself and because of this lack of information, has too quickly dubbed these subjects "stupid." My recommendation is to do some more personal research. Eyes may then be opened. It would be interesting to read what the OP has to say about the same topics after a few months of reading.
edit on 9-5-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Some great stuff here. Look...I'm perfectly aware this is a conspiracy site and people are obviously entitled to believe or say whatever they want...that's what makes the web so great. But my point is that all the noise can lead to more harm than good. For example, I too often see posts saying that someone believes the earth will end soon and that they are relocating their family, children to a remote area, stocking up on food, etc. I have two little boys and I can't imagine doing anything so extreme unless I had 1000% proof that such a major change in one's life was totally necessary. Sure...call me naive or whatever you want but chances are...that if anything that major happens, living in the hill won't save you so there's no need to get all "Mad Max" on life unless word is out that we need to hit the deck. Uprooting lives and family stability over random and idiotic predictions is just plain irresponsible.

We just need to use caution and be a bit more mature. I want to discuss REAL facts and data and not bend it "towards" a major disaster scenario. I want to discuss REAL UFO sightings and not some lame 3 dots in they sky forming a triangle which to any casual observer is nothing more than someone launching Chinese lanterns.

And in regards to government...yes, I understand compartmentalizing is standard practice but at some point you have individuals doing things that they must know are being used for x. The thousands of countless people required to chem-trail us for example. All the pilots hitting the "dump" switch...the crews pumping poisons into huge holding tanks on planes....guess they are all brain-washed government zombies? Ridiculous.

Chem-trails (also see above)...I'm not saying it was NEVER done before but to the extent that people describe is utter non-sense. All these pictures and videos of obvious contrails coming from jet exhaust are made out to be poisonous clouds. There is no hard proof this actually happening. I want to see all the widely collected samples from all over the country. I want to see photos videos of people loading up huge planes by the hundreds with thousands of metric tons of poison. I wan to see testimonial video of pilots who admit its happening all over all the time. It doesn't exist because it never happened.

Oh I celebrate xmas for the giving/receiving of gifts and family time....very little thought or care to jesus or the bible.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Again this brings up another point. If he were to do some research (thats assuming hes done none whatsoever) and come back with the opinion that many others share. Such as contrails are the same as clouds (react pretty much the same as consequence), and that yes cloud seeding is a fact that everyone can learn about.
A common response to such easily researchable topics is " thats what they want you to think" and then go on to link a website which favors the alternate theory. Skeptics find easily researched information, and people with the theory will say there is information that is being kept hidden and therefore its left up to skeptics to refute. And if they cant refute the evidence which is not there, then the skeptic loses credibility with the believer and nothing he or she says is going to change that. It therefore degrades into an argument since there is obviously going to be no conclusion to the matter and the ensuing comments degrade both sides credibility as a result.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join