It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health risks with current Nanotechnology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

"Tighter UK and European regulation over some aspects of nanotechnology -manipulation of molecules - is needed to ensure its long-term safety. "

I am surprised this issue hasn't been recognised sooner, at least publicly.

I realise this technoloy is relatively new, so I think the control of tiny particles should be monitored very carefully. The chances of inhailing these substances could be potentially dangerous as we have found with many man made substances.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
well there always is a risk! with everything!

nanotechnology is great!

can you imagine human enhacing? when micro machines will heals wouds in seconds? nobody will be ill anymore?

But!

also

can you imagine nanotechnology on the battlefield? dosends of humans being disassembled in seconds?

scary!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well there are health risks with everything... Nano even more so, and in the Scientific community it has been reconized that there are very potent risks and hazards dealing with this technology but as of late they have been quite because they don't want to come out with 'bad' science that may affect public perception much like what happened with GM crops. There is already a growing movement within some of the Major Players in the Nano game thus far to ask the Federal Gov't to regulate the technology(and pass legislation to limit their liability....) They want to deal with the problems quietly if possible, but I'm afraid its this attidute that tainted GMOs image in the first place.

www.foresight.org...

new topics

join