It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Reading This, We Are No Longer "Land of The Free, Home of The Brave"!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I posted this in the NWO forum because that is exactly what we now live in. But please feel free to move to a more proper forum.

Let me explain where I live and where I'm from first.

I'm from a place where neighbors help neighbors.

A place where children play safely outside with their friends.

Where you're never too busy to stop and say hello.

A place where you bring the neighbors news paper off of the lawn and mail out of the mailbox to them when you go over for a visit.

And certainly a place where you HELP someone who is ASKS you for help.
Let me be clear!!!
Where I was born, You DO NOT call the POLICE on someone who asks you to HELP !!!!!!!!

The problem is.....The place I am from is the same place where I AM, just a different time! A different time indeed.

America, you should be ashamed of yourself.
I want a divorce!!!

What have we become people???
Land of the "BRAVE"??? really??

"Land of the crying snivelling little Pussies who are so afraid of the boogyman that they
call the police everytime they see a shadow" , now that's more like it, but then, that doesn't fit too well in that
B.S. song we all sing to bolster national pride and start baseball games with, now does it??????

Stories like this break my heart.

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Mockingbird DART station and the surrounding area, including the Angelika Theater, were evacuated Saturday after a police dog alerted authorities to a passenger onboard with two suspicious packages, a spokesman said.

Riders traveling through downtown stations reportedly expressed alarm after a man asked them for help carrying a duffel bag and a large box.

Bomb technicians with the Dallas Police Department determined the packages were not a threat about two hours after the evacuation, said DART spokesman Morgan Lyons.

“He was actually trying to pay people to help him get packages on and off the train,” Lyons said.

The man with the packages remained with DPD through the afternoon, though he was not arrested.

Link to entire story
edit on 9-5-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

this sounds a lot like my city used to be. i've lived in the same small-mid size mid-west city my whole life and i used to be so proud. we would go down to French Lick, IN to visit my mom's "hillbilly" family and I always loved how everyone was your friend. we were all on the same team and helped each other. I always took pride in the fact that my city, while larger and more metro, still had citizens who cared for each other and embraced the community spirit like the folks in the small towns. now that i'm older, a father and a more ingrained member of my community, i see the truth; American Values are a sham. We are a nation of hypocrites.

of course, you'll have the Grown Babies come on here and tell you "this is the price we pay for security." the People have been tricked by their Rulers into thinking that the Rulers provide the safety, give it to them like its a gift or a commodity. I've been around for a quarter-century now, and I've never had any reason to look to the government for safety or security. If i'm on a train or a plane or a bus and somebody tries to blow it up, i will stop them myself or die trying. i don't need anybody's help to keep me safe, and if our country grows more dangerous, guess what? I'm an American Badass and I can handle it. So can you! We all can! We have guns! We're Cowboys! We're Revolutionaries! We're Astronauts!

It's time for America to grow up, take some personal responsibility for our actions and stop expecting the government and the police and the military to take care of us!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Guess the war on terrorism isn't working. The psychology of terrorism is to cause people fear and uncertainty under threat of violence. A terrorist's goal is to illicit response.

The response to terrorism can be more dangerous than the terrorists. Relaxing into the warmth of anger and war against terrorism will not honor those who died in the attacks of 9/11. We have to think.
Source

This and the posts about the children being 'patted down' at the airport leads me to believe that Dr. Mc. Cauley's essay (link above) should be practiced by all officials on all levels.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe in due diligence to protect the public, but they're easily taking things too far now.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It's pretty pathetic what we have become. People see another person that "stands" out or doesn't look like everyone else, and all of sudden police are called because of some suspicion.

Someone could throw a McD's bag on the ground, and people call the bomb squad for a "suspicious package." I see that stuff all the time, and then the bomb squad is called, the street is shut down, they blown it up...and it's nothing. All they had to do was do pick the thing up. How many tax dollars did THAT waste? *sigh*

It's a sad and pathetic the culture of fear that has been bred and conditioned into our every pour, yet someone it makes people feel so safe.

Great article, OP, i will share it with others.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

If you want a divorce from the US this is fine.
Please let me be your legal counsel though, know that I was only a plumber as my professional trade, no law schooling either.
I will work pro bono (legal experts, is that right? pro bono?) for free.
This first consult is just advisory strictly.
My advice in the matter of Screwed vs US,...
As you know the house would most certainly go to US as well as the most of your earnings will as alimony.
Now even though US has been unfaithful with her boyfriend BigCorp.
I suggest you drop the idea of a divorce and find a way of reconciling with US and tough it out.
If you are this passionate about US, you must still love her quite a bit and it is not wise to just walk away from such a large investement.
Stay, reconcile, and make things work.
If you have not asked US to stop cheating on you with BigCorp, the first thing I would do is make US stop seeing the BigCorp.
You must win the hearts and minds of the kids and they will help you coax US to see that BigCorp is just using her and will discard her after he is done as he has a huge history in doing so.
Do it for yourself first, do it for the kids and do it for her.
If you really love her like I think you do, it is worth it,
Now I gotta go,

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

oh but is do you not see that they are winning not us er US, but the terrorist and they come in many forms not just from the mid east, it could be your neighbor, your teacher your post man your beat cop seen one of them lately?? walking down the street by him self is he a cop???, the ups driver is that packages he/she carrying or is it a bomb???

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I'm from a place where neighbors help neighbors.

A place where children play safely outside with their friends.

Where you're never too busy to stop and say hello.

A place where you bring the neighbors news paper off of the lawn and mail out of the mailbox to them when you go over for a visit.

We must be from the same neighborhood

I live in Dallas, and this isn't all too surprising. Authorities seem to need to prove their necessity more and more. Remember that toy robot that got a few blocks shut down for hours and hours here recently? The bigger of a deal that they make out of everything, the more funding they'll be getting.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Feel free to renounce your US citizenship.

I'll just kick back knowing you never will, despite how bad the country gets.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Oberlin

I can't because of my ex wife and kids but trust me, if it weren't for them I would have been out of here by now.
I wouldn't go down with a sinking ship if I didn't have to.

BTW, thanks for the smart ass response.
Really needed.

top topics

join