It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. CEO pay jumps 11 percent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yup - US CEO pay is up by almost 11%. Obviously a reward for a job well done in spending some of those massive piles of cash their companies are setting on to get unemployment down, and the economy back on track!!!

Oh wait - I guess I just imagined they did that...

They are still sitting on huge piles of cash, unemployment is sky high and the economy is in the toilet. But, I didn't imagine that they got a big raise for their efforts...

U.S. CEO pay jumps 11 percent: survey

WASHINGTON — Compensation received by chief executives of the biggest US companies surged 11 percent over the past 12 months -- to $9.3 million on average, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Citing a study conducted for the newspaper by management consultancy Hay Group, The Journal said the increase was largely due to decisions by company boards to reward CEOs for strong profit and share-price growth with bigger bonuses and stock grants.

The survey covered the 350 biggest companies that filed their statement between May 1, 2010, and April 30, 2011.

Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman topped the list after receiving compensation valued at $84.3 million, more than double his 2009 pay, the report said.

I wonder how these guys manage to sleep at night? Probably because large sums of money make for a very soft bed..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
These people have gotten just what they paid for, they need to kiss the ring of every republican in office --

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
I wonder how these guys manage to sleep at night? Probably because large sums of money make for a very soft bed..

.....ahhhhhhh.....got a laugh out of that one!....needed that

I took a 20% pay cut because the economy is so bad. That's swell to know the economy for you isn't that bad. You go, boys! Keep giving yourself pay raises to remind me that the economy is great! Only please tell your politician friends to stop telling me that I need to sacrifice to help out the economy. Anymore help from me and I'll be broke and you'll just get wealthier.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Eh - I've honestly not noticed too much difference between democrats and republicans when it comes to these guys. From white house to congress pretty much everyone regardless of political party seems to be in the pocket of big business.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by spyder550

Eh - I've honestly not noticed too much difference between democrats and republicans when it comes to these guys. From white house to congress pretty much everyone regardless of political party seems to be in the pocket of big business.

Yup, Obama is owned by WallStreet, just like many other presidents. Just look at the people he appointed in his administration, most of them if not all of them are JP Morgan executives, military contractors, Goldman Sachs executives, etc. These people only care about corporate interests, not us.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
These people have gotten just what they paid for, they need to kiss the ring of every republican in office --

Does this include Jeffrey Immelt, CEO of General Electric, who happens to be on Obama's Economic Team, and whose company paid zero dollars in taxes last year?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

They are still sitting on huge piles of cash, unemployment is sky high and the economy is in the toilet.

And they are exporting jobs and manufacturing to other countries at a staggering rate... Do you blame them?

Its all about making profit, and if you can get away with doing business with less overhead, and collect more profits then that is what you do.

If the government would get the hell out of the way of the private sector in the USA, magic would happen, and the economy would recover.

But that isn't going to happen, so get used to news like this, and just accept the fact that the American way of life is on life support, economic decline the norm, the rich will get richer, the poor poorer, and those in-between will continue to lose.

God Bless America.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

If the government would get the hell out of the way of the private sector in the USA, magic would happen, and the economy would recover.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

Magic is right

You tell us

how can American workers compete with $10.00 a day of less???

Let's hear how it works
edit on 10-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join