It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's worse...stupid or lazy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Stupid is a form of lazy. Anyone has the capability to learn anything if they put the work in. That being said, if we're talking about some sort of mentally handicapped person, and someone who is lazy, then I'd choose the lazy person. A lazy person can be motivated with threats, but a person who is incapable of understanding complex tasks could be a hazard in the workplace.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
As the boss now, id want smart lazy beneath me. Theyll give me perspectives I may not have seen, and they are willing to think. If they want me to hire dumb hard to work under the, I would.. But thats just how it goes.. The higher up you get people get lazier. Which is why I said in first post. We work as if theres an end, but there isnt, which is why you cannot work hard all the time. But you left out one other type of worker.. The smart hard working. They do exist.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

listen if you wake up and do the same thing over and over again your going to become bored with the work which will make you lazy unless you have a hand in making a lot of the money off it like a boss position. Which i guessing your in. Somewhere in your mind you have fooled yourself into thinking you are both a hard worker and smart because of your position.This is something i have seen many bosses do.Let me guess if the job takes to long to get done with a person who is capable they are lazy and if it takes to long to get done because the person needed more direction about his tasks he is dumb when most likely it all boils down to you and your manger skills. Most slow workers check for every detail slowing down work and the dumb workers didn't have the proper training needed to fully teach them because A its too time consuming or B you don't want to pay them more money.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

who said i was a boss? you ASSUMED that. i just simply asked if you would rather work with a stupid ass buster or smart lazy person. i didn't actually incinuate anything. in fact...no one has actually answered my exact question. everyone has answered in the form that they are the boss or the shot caller. what if i't syour partner?

but yeah...i never said i was smart or a hard worker. in fact...i mentioned nothing of my position or even my choice. so yeah...quit assuming. answer the question. (last sentenced was said with a smile...not trying to be a dick).

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
Ok...i work construction so I get to see the worst that the american workforce accepts! Not that all construction workers are dumb/lazy/bad people. But dumb/lazy/bad seeds often have no choice but construction. Oddly enough...the two often go hand in hand. But what if you had to chose?

So my question is:
Would you rather work with someone who will bust ass but is stupid or work with someone who is smart but lazy?

Well, all depends on what line of work. If we're talking only about construction, then I guess I'd take a lazy co-worker. After a while, they will get fired for not getting the work done.

However, stupid is dangerous. That guy has a much higher chance of costing someone their life. And since they work harder, they will be there until that happens.

Khar

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hmmmm....I guess stupid....because if a stupid person isn't lazy, they can do some work and get an education so they would not be stupid anymore....whereas the lazy person would not put out the effort....so would remain lazy AND stupid.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I'd rather work with a so called"stupid" hard worker then smart lazy leach anyway. And you are kinda right on your analyses of construction personal. I work in construction. If your smart and not lazy you will quickly move up to theanagement areas.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
good question.
I have worked with, and supervised, both and I would much rather work with someone who is hard working and dumb, because you can teach a dumb person things so they can be smarter.
A smart lazy person isn't as smart as they think they are because lazy isn't smart. It's dumb.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would choose the smart lazy person. More interesting to chat with on smoke and lunch breaks, probably more fun when it comes to after works drinks. Work is a social thing, we are social animals.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join