It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endciv: Great documentary - !! Must Watch !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Here's a very interesting documentary for those interested in enviromental issues and the general state of Civilisation. I checked and there wasn't a link to the full video so i felt that this needed a greater audience so here it is people. It was very kind of the maker to distribute it free.

Endciv's home

Youtube link

wasn't sure if this was the right forum so please move it mods if it needs a new home.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: link fix

edit on 9/5/11 by masqua because: title edit by request

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
OH! I nice yummy long documentary. My favorite kind!

I can't wait to go through it and come back to report.

What I've seen so far is horrific - but true - so true. I just don't think there's any 'changing man' 'without 'strife'.

I'm afraid that no matter how many people 'try' to change (even after seeing this video) - most, will not.

When will we change? When we've got no choice.

Those are both scary things.

Fascinating so far - thank you so much!

That line 'It's really really weird. WE have to PAY to exist on this planet. Isn't that weird?'

Wow...

peace

Added note: BOLD above is a line from the OP's video.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Suggestion: I think it would be a good thing if you ask a MOD to change the title to the thread.

Create a title that reflect that there ARE THINGS WE CAN DO - even now, to change what's going on around us.

Or something that better represents this IMPORTANT documentary.

The more I'm watching - the more I'm thinking this is really important stuff...for everyone on ATS.

S&F!

peace

edit on 9-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for the reply, I'm still a bit blown away from watching the video so i did rush the posting a little
A lot of the contents are things we've heard before but it is put together very well. I think you're right though that it will take something very serious to change the course of civilisation as our culture seems to encourage preocupation with the self so things on a wider scale seems less significant. I'm just glad there's people like this documentary maker out there - maybe we do have a chance !!

Yeah maybe a new title would be good - i'll get on that later, wasn't sure if this was the right forum even

Also i should have put a warning on it too, there's some shocking footage in there !
edit on 9-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: added a line

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the link!!

Im watching it now, about half hour into it...great info so far

I hate when good doc's have no view counts at all... ugh need to get the word out there!

So to exist... I have to pay money, or else a guy with a gun is going to come and make trouble for me... Ughh

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I know it's crazy isn't it ! It really is a rigged game we're all playing. I hope everyone in the world gets to watch this, time is running short and people really need to start doing something if we want our kids to have a life worth anything. I liked the comparison with Star Wars - so true !
edit on 9-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo fix - honest !

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wow, im watching this part on star wars now... Ive never heard this angle before...

Ima have to find this guys books... I like his approach, and his beliefs as well

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Me too, he's got a refreshing view on the situation. I just hope more people get to watch this and focus on issues like this, it's more important than ufo's or obama's birth certificate in my opinion. Should have entitled the thread "most important thing you'll watch this era "

edit on 9-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo's as usual

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

That line 'It's really really weird. WE have to PAY to exist on this planet. Isn't that weird?'

I don't get this line of reasoning.

We're not forced to pay to live on this planet. We're encouraged to be part of a society, as it benefits everyone. In doing so, we must pay our dues. There's just no other way to go about it at all.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

'It's really really weird. WE have to PAY to exist on this planet. Isn't that weird?'

No.

It's also not true. You're welcome to go live in the woods and eat raccoon. Nobody will charge you, or bother you.

You want a house, food, services? Yeah, you're gonna need to pay for them. And rightly so.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Oh yes but what a society we have made - is it sustainable ? thats the question of the video. It's best to watch the video so you get the responses in relation to the video, otherwise they may seem a bit bewildering.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

On our current trajectory, no freakin' way!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sure we are... look at the cops always taking the side of corporations, and police enforcing medical care on people...

You cant just live anywhere... All the land in the world is owned(by the govt/shadow govt) you have to own the land, or rent it, or else the police will force you out

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Ever seen a super happy homeless man?!

The world is their home.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Well, maybe not.
In some places you will be arrested for poaching.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Gonna make sure that when I get home I watch this. Love me a good documentary especially having to do with the environment.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

'It's really really weird. WE have to PAY to exist on this planet. Isn't that weird?'

No.

It's also not true. You're welcome to go live in the woods and eat raccoon. Nobody will charge you, or bother you.

You want a house, food, services? Yeah, you're gonna need to pay for them. And rightly so.

Not in the country I live in. You'll be hunted down and arrested if you tried that. I thought it was the same in America... technically anyway, maybe in America it's logistically possible to disappear, but I would say you'd not stay under the radar for long if you erected any sort of semi-permanent shelter. America's not my country, so I can't say, but in my country you may not live in the woods and live on the fauna.
Here you have no other choice than to reside at somebody's owned property and meet your obligations (as defined by the laws of commerce)... well I guess there is the option of the city streets, but you may not sleep on benches, sidewalks, grassy areas, in parks.... anywhere really, but a few people do have hidden spaces where they illegally reside.

The documentary was a bit spooky really. One reason was the content was very pertinent in my opinion, but another reason is that it would be quite easy to interpret a message within it, that if taken onboard by some could lead to people getting hurt, or worse.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

I agree the documentary maker is more militant than your average enviromentalist but i think you can see where he's coming from. The pace of change is far too slow to solve the problems facing humanity and the current enviromental movement is failing to take on corporate/government interests in any real way that makes them listen.

I'm against violence but he does make a good point about how much will it take before people start turning to other methods than peacefull protest. All in all it is quite a disturbing video.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Well, if I had an Angeloid or perhaps a Saikano willing to help me do some good by the use of unstoppable force, I wouldn't be heading to the nearest site of deforestation. I'd probably be on my way to the nearest place where people are suffering or being abused, and then the next place, and then the next, etc.

Violent force or the very real threat thereof by a tiny minority, in my mind, isn't the right tool for dealing with rampant ecological exploitation. If I was going to engage in aggressive activity that could get somebody hurt or killed, it wouldn't be for such a cause.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Watched the whole documentary. I found a couple of presented reasonings that didn't quite pan out in my mind, but overall I agree with the message.

I DO think that we must stop "civilization" as it currently exists, and think the folly of allowing it to continue on unchecked would be too disastrous for life on this rock.

I see the insanity, and realize there's NO easy way out. I think we must take the easier hard way out, and use the abstract global systems to cause an artificial collapse before the real natural collapse of our ecology occurs.

Guess what? That's exactly what's being engineered, LOL! It's why I'm mostly on board with these "evil" elitists, because I see the genius-level wisdom behind it. Most wouldn't. So it MUST be done in secrecy.

We're being forced to learn "the hard way". People don't "wake up" and question their values, and society until they can tell not doing so would negatively impact those they love, or their selves. This "must" is being shaped as we speak.

It's not just evil corporatists shaping the world out there. There are many players in this game.
edit on 9-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join