It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan is freakin right...lol (parody)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Tells it like it is..

In response to This Thread
edit on 9-5-2011 by kennyb72 because: clarification

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

She kicks ass man....

Good on her

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Why does this have parody in the title? Am I missing something?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Just added the link to the Thread Bill Maher is freaking right lol

edit on 9-5-2011 by kennyb72 because: clarification

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

LOL great response to the other thread!

I couldn't help but notice around the 3:20 mark of the video the host tries to shut her up as she exposes all the loop holes in the White House story. Funny thing is she kept on going. I have always admired her courage, but she is obviously overwhelmed by the death of her son which in many people say has made her appear less credible. But I must admit she was bang on in this interview, at least in my opinion.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Up against a professional shill, she totally takes control and is not intimidated. Cindy is my new hero. You are right that the loss of her son probably makes her appear a little driven, but I love her no BS approach.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What does this have to do with Bill Maher's rant...? It's just some lady "asking questions" which can literally all be answered with some critical thinking or referring to what the *gasp* government already said.

I don't even know the point of this video aside from a self promotion of conspiracy thinking.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hear how the interviewer wants her to focus on her PAIN.

Depression, you are doing this because your son is death, anarchist, your marriage failed, you have an purpose doing this telling the truth, like a therapy to help you.

Strong woman she did not fall, in the wrong emotional state. She stick with it, telling the truth,

edit on 9-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

All of Bill Maher's jibes and snide innuendo's could also be answered with same critical thinking but in the Bill Maher setting, there is no chance to discuss the merits or failings of the argument.

If you can't see the need for balance in a scenario like this, then you could be accused of self promoting your justification of the dismissal of the valid questions being asked.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You mean that wasn't Bin Laden playing on his XBox 360, wearing a wife beater T shirt?

Damn.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

The whole interview is planned to diminish Cindies argument. These people know exactly how to mould public opinion. The Bill Maher sketch might be funny if you didn't know the agenda behind it. I felt nauseous when I watched the manipulation on both vids.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So they love, love, LOVE her when she is anti Bush.
But when she is anti Obama then she must be taken down.

No one in the media cared about her true motivations while she was useful to their cause. She was paraded around as a righteous crusader. But now that she has turned her negativity on this administration she suddenly has no credibility.

Hypocrisy.

They must still have a soft spot for her because this show was an attempt to "talk her down" rather than destroy her. Dr. Drew is ever so subtly trying to get her to "understand' that there is no logic to her suspicion. He tries to show her that she isn't thinking rationally because she is grieving, that her cause is just a coping mechanism and may actually be unhealthy. He also tries to plant a seed of doubt in Cindy by asking if her family actually supports her.

A very compassionate stab in the back.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The beating that Sheehan laid upon "Dr" Drew was indescribable.

Sorry, but hosting MTV shows like "teen mom" is not what a doctor does.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You are right about the intent. A lot of time and education is spent on learning how to manipulate and spin propaganda stories. I believe she did a very good job. It is usually everyday citizens standing up and trying to stand their ground against the professionals The professionals know how to shred them to pieces. Instead of being ill, I rejoice because it shows they are on the defense that we are quietly winning. First they were ignoring us, now they are rediculing us, next they will be on the attack. Unfortunately it is always darkest before the dawn.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

This was on MTV?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh that is just SAD!!!!!!!

Quick, lets do a hit piece on her before her ideas catch on with the 18-to-stupid crowd.

Here kiddies, let us show you how silly this lady really is. Don't go believing her or anything or you will be silly too.
Never mind that she was once a liberal hero. She is actually just a very sad and misguided mommy. Nothing to see here.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

This was on MTV?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh that is just SAD!!!!!!!

Quick, lets do a hit piece on her before her ideas catch on with the 18-to-stupid crowd.

Here kiddies, let us show you how silly this lady really is. Don't go believing her or anything or you will be silly too.
Never mind that she was once a liberal hero. She is actually just a very sad and misguided mommy. Nothing to see here.

I'm not sure where it was on, all I know is Dr. Drew does a post-season hosting of "Teen Mom" where he interviews 16 year old mothers and asks them questions about why they are so screwed up.

edit: Apparently it was HLN the "Dr. Drew" show.
edit on 9-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

edit: Apparently it was HLN the "Dr. Drew" show.

Well then my entire MTV rant is invalid.
Thanks for the clarification.

new topics

top topics

join