It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "they live" scenario

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It has happened to me, that there seems to be a parallell perception to everything. As if, each eye was a mirror, when the images are flipped, the opposing image does not align perfectly to the first, and there is a kind of "skew". Within that, it seems that there is another "slice" of reality that we cannot see.

For example, I was looking at an advertisment, and out of the corner of my eye I could have sworn it said "masturbate", however, it did not. Another sign seemed to have said "vagina, no penis" but then when I looked again it looked like an average poster.

Im not sure what is happening, but I get the feeling that there exists a kind of "other world", some other domain where we are all being controlled like ants in an antfarm.

I could tell you about all the strange people that are around, as if they are actually aliens that are using some kind of hollogram to appear human, teleporting into our reality, having the ability to "stop time", however, I don't want to scare you.
edit on 9-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

And don't get me started on the bodysnatchers...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

No, what's happening is you probably have issues fro lack of sleep or something.

They Live is a movie... a great social commentary about consumerism and other thing but a movie all the same.

You did NOT actually see the things you say you saw.

And no... I'm not some kind of MIB saying "No what you saw was swamp gas" but really..... adverts telling you to masturbate??

Yeah... Okay.
edit on 9/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
I could tell you about all the strange people that are around, as if they are actually aliens that are using some kind of hollogram to appear human, teleporting into our reality, having the ability to "stop time", however, I don't want to scare you.

Oh please do... please tell us.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What an experience! It does sound to me like your subconscious though... Are you sexually repressed in any way? Perhaps you have developed some fear of sex?
Sometimes when we get a craving for say chocolate, we look at mundane things and associate them to our craving. One would notice chocolate-related things more and one may actually get the smell of chocolate wafting for a fleeting moment.
I do believe this may be happening to you as your experience seems to all relate to sexually oriented ideas.

~shrugs~ not trying to be rude, I just don't think it has anything to do with another dimension/universe...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

What is happening is a mass-conditioning of the human being, basically, our animal instincts are being stripped from us, they are converting us on a spiritual level, we are losing our emotions at an alarming rate, they are being collectivley absorbed by various electrical devices. The ambient fields or "gridlines" of this planet are being altered so they are more hospitable to specific kinds of beings. To change your world is not too difficult, to change what your eyes see would be to change your entire reality.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hmmm, have you been watching Disney animated movies again?
Seriously, I saw a site that exposed the hidden frames they insert into some of their movies. Like Jessica Rabbit's, erm...rabbit. Funny stuff.

I took several marketing classes in college where they discussed hidden imagery in adverttising. The print form isn't anything that exciting.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

You need to research what are called "anagrams". As well as this, you need to understand how the eyes function, all of what we see can be mirrored, to see a different reflection, at a different "angle" is to reveal what is hidden.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I am talking of something that is more "hyperdimensional" in nature, it requires something called "belief" however "belief" is closely trailed by "lies" and "lies" are usually associated with despondancy and dissapointment - it is deeply ingrained into the primitive mind not to "believe" as someone will simply attempt to prove you "wrong" in an attempt to steal your "hope".

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

What you describe is quite possible and deliberate. I taught art for years and we used to in class look into simple advertising like ice, water, smoke etc. These were airbrushed and withing it would be replete with deliberate triggers to sway the subconscious. Often these triggers were in sexual direction or to even teach a person, if you drink this, you can be this and the other was no in your best interest. We would find animal figures, nude women etc. All well done and invisible to the eye, unless you look for it.

Today with computers, it is far more sophisticated and from what you say, perhaps a deliberate attempt to deminish sex among couples, just a thought.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Exactly, it is not just in pictures, radio stations, especially mainstream radio stations, television reports etc, seem to be filled with a kind of "second meaning" that only a few people seem to pick up on, and even when they do, they seldom feel comfortable talking about it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I am well aware, however I disagree with your opinion on the matter. I am also aware of subliminal use in advertisements, but I still stick with my first opinion.. after all, it's just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Maybe you need sleep when I didn't get any sleep, I saw slenderman and ran screaming out of the house. SO seriously you might need sleep or you have an unconscious fear of sex.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i love they live, john carpenter is a very good writer director and musician...all il say is watch derren brown and his subliminal ways its very interesting...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

In the late 1960's Playboy Magazine had an excellent article about subliminal advertising. The article exposed several examples of hidden items in print ads and some of them were very strange. Art hidden in art in advertising still surfaces sometimes; the last one I recall was a beer label with a graphic of a bulldog (?) but when it was viewed from upside-down it appeared to be a couple in a position from the Kama Sutra. The beer bottler probably got what they were after --- free publicity. All too often it's all about the money.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It seems as though lately in film, television and radio that people have been mispronouncing certain words or replacing a word in a sentence with a similar sounding word that has a hidden most of the time sexual meaning. I've caught this a few times usually causing me to ask did he just say "?" that, a few times friends have brought this to my attention aswell.

Is there any chance you can elaborate on your skewed mirror theory, it's very interesting and I'd like to a firm grasp of your concept.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

First off, I'd have to say if you don't have a biased opinion then you might catch a glimpse of something else
going on other than what your eyes and ears and feelers tell you is going on. To deny sexuality is not wise
but to gorge on it..not wise either. What am I saying? If you believe it is just your own lusts that you are
witnessing in these glimpses that could not be right..In other words..you might be a highly driven person
sexually but deny that you saw something out of your ordinary day to day existence when in fact you
actually did experience something. It's like a dual reality thing going on I guess..sort of like what
someone said lust is: demonic desires expressed thru humans..they were told that by God I think it was
said..don't quote me please. Because I'm an older adult and tire easily and can't see good then I buy
the wrong product at the grocery store and may even see a label that reads natural where it actually
contains enough salt or sugar to drop an elephant. Sure, I can get tired and for a split second see some
sexual inuenedo in a sign or something..my unconscious which operates at a different level takes over
as in the dream world. I truly believe that there is a time and place for everything..and once in a great
while we can step over that boundary where we know that we know that we know we experienced
something unique or had a keen insight or premonition. It's part of life and we can get over ourselves
and learn and move onward and upward.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

To elaborate on the idea, it is linked to another thread that I posted in relation to the idea of the optic chiasma, a mechanism in the human eyes and brain:

You can see that there is a junction point between the two eyes, often called the "optic chiasma". If we take the left and right sides, and we assume that what we see is projected inwards, then, taking each side as a mirror, if there was something in place that distorts the symmetry, then there is basically room to create images that have a regular visual perception, and an alternate visual perception that is only seen in the subconsciousness.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It sounds more like your a horney teenager..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by njl51

I understand what you mean, however, it is not whether something is right or wrong, if one believes themselves to be true, then nothing bad can occur when the truth is explained. If one is forced to explain thier lies, then only disappointment ensues.

I assure you, that I am attempting to explain what I believe to be true.

In terms of masturbation, its something that is wired to the primitive parts of our natures, there is an attempt at what I see as a feminisation, masturbation being the solution to the reproductive instincts that are being repressed. The signs act as an invisible transferrence of spiritual energy, much like many young people need to be fixated on an image to focus thier desires.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

What about glasses and contact lenses? There's something that is put right in front of you eyes. And now, fashion inspires people with no ocular problems to wear either technology.

There is also TV and computer screens that tire our eyes to the max.

I read that cataracts were a realignment of the cells in the cornea, turning it into white skin, like the rest of the eye. So if eye cells can shift to such extremes "naturally", it could be possible to manipulate them to create this mirror effect you talk about?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join