It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill maher is freakin right...lol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Tells it like it is..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
wow thats EXactly what happened......pretty simple when you spell it out like that.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
He's not right or wrong. It's 1.) a comedy schtick and 2.) his opinion.

However, that being said, this is perhaps the most ignorant commentary I've ever heard out of Mr. Maher. Comedy or not. He has long had a sore spot as well as a blind spot and closed mind when it comes to "truthers." Always has.

Parts of it are funny, though, as that is how it can look to the uninformed. We should always remember this. Oh, and nice use of false equivalence in that opening line and way to jump on the anti-conspiracy bandwagon like a good little media puppet

ETA: Is it me or is it just weird how both he and John Stewart are almost eerily gleeful about this whole OBL kill story?
edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ain't that the damn truth

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

What a spa... Clearly if you take every conspiracy theory and say they all happened it won't make sense. 911 definitely did not go the way we're told, who's responsible? I don't know but its not as black and white as we're told. And you have to take that into consideration now when looking at Osama's death. This whole birther issue has detracted from the Osama one, perhaps intentionally to discredit a conspiracy theory that proves itself... All I know is this guy is a donkey.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Bill Maher is a media whore. I am confident he doesn't even believe half the lies and propaganda he defends on his programs. He is another tool who is being used by the elite to help sway opinion by distorting facts and details while taking advantage of the gullible people of the Unites States of America.

I forgot to clarify that my comment was not directed to all Americans. Sorry if it seems I was generalizing or stereotyping. My comment was only directed to those who believe this crap.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling again lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
What is this, like the tenth attack on alternative news and free minded people this week on the MSM?

That's a pretty big sign we're making some great progress.

I could go for some originality, calling people crazy is just....so....boring.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Isn't it odd!! if you didn't know either of these two people on the youtube picture, when you look at these two faces side by side, which one would you trust to buy a used car from?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Good job indeed. It must take a strong and brave man to jump on all the ridiculing of conspiracy theorists these days, and boy does that sound like Maher! Being a reasonable skeptic is all good, but this is just suppression techniques.

It's like some of our very own "skeptics" at ATS; "Oh, you believe that some leaders want global governance, and you call it NWO? LOLOLOL I'm a lizard out to get you, common did we land on the moon or what. Lol, you believe ONE of the same things David Icke believes in, you are basically him!"

Meaning, I don't really care about the death of Osama since it's such a painstakingly sham. People refusing to question this situation, is the last dumbed down frontier for our elite. If 80% of the population is killed off, guess who gets to live...

Thank you Bill for doing their wicked, stupefying bidding. I don't care about the birther, nor deather issue, but I do understand with my basic, human brain that the official story of 9/11 is the biggest joke ever played on mankind. Oh and btw; if we win the struggle for power that is coming our way, we will make sure to remember your humanitarian efforts. There will be a whole chapter in the history books, just for your kind and those you represent!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's hard to ride that skeptic/conspiracy fence... It seems that so many want everything to be a conspiracy - and then others wouldn't question authority if you paid them... Bill Maher is funny, but he's not always accurate. That's not what he's trying to do. He's a political comedian.

But his point is pretty funny. My husband and I were just talking this morning about birthers and deathers... How some people HAVE to have a conspiracy going in their lives or they don't feel right. I certainly don't believe all I'm told and I have plenty of questions, but these two conspiracy theories are totally irrational to me.

Conspiracy theorists like to call people "sheep" for believing what they hear on the MSM. But I do believe there's such a thing as "conspiracy sheep", too, and they're JUST as gullible and mindless as they take up one conspiracy after another, as if they're truth, with NO apparent desire to find the actual truth. People who are more willing to believe the conspiracy than to think rationally to find the truth are every bit as 'sheeple" as those they decry.

We're not being told everything. That's for sure. But to suggest that EVERYTHING we're told is lies, goes a bit far for me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If Stewart, SNL, and Maher
are making fun of you then congratulations
you must have just been elected to an important position.

If Letterman starts in on the Theorists the we run a chance of a second term.

David Grouchy
edit on 9-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorists are the new "crowd" to hate. Just prepare for the late-nite tv comics and sitcoms.

ETA must have missed David Grouchys' comment. Sorry for the duplication.
edit on 9-5-2011 by beezzer because: Planet niburus fault

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Conspiracy theorists are the new "crowd" to hate. Just prepare for the late-nite tv comics and sitcoms.

The got already an condition for it, its called : Machiavellian Mindset

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I hate that word sheep and what the general definitions of conspiracy theory and conspiracy theorists have become. Many conspiracy theorists have done this to themselves, I agree. In their fervor and according to their needs they don't always reflect well on the community as a whole and provide plenty of fodder like this for those who wish to use it, whether for comedy or for more nefarious manipulative purposes.

The mainstream media, which whether he likes it or not Maher is a part of and a puppet of, uses this fodder in their attempts to further redefine these terms and demonize anyone one with even a fair question and push them into an all-encompasing category and label them as a loon. This is nothing new but is more noticeable now when there are occurrences in the world and not everyone buys the party line or parrots the party response to it.

Yet another line to divide us on.

edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I find it hilarious how he cherry picked the most outrageous conspiracy theorist claims and chained them together in such a way that OF COURSE we look ridiculous. I'm not a birther or deather. I don't believe that explosives were planted in any of the towers. But I DO believe 9/11 was an inside job and I do believe they had full knowledge of the attack and let it happen. But that's the extent of it. And yes bin Laden was the fall guy for it. Whether or not he's dead and for how long is debatable and just not enough substantial evidence either way for me to form any sort of logical conclusion.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

I don't believe that explosives were planted in any of the towers.

Go to the 9/11 forums and say that and he how much of what he said is 'cherry picked'

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I hate that word sheep and what the general definitions of conspiracy theory and conspiracy theorists have become.

I agree completely. It's a generalization and a weapon thrown out to embarrass and shame people. I've been on the receiving end many times, but this is the first time I've used the word. And I used it to illustrate that there are two sides to this story. Two extremes. Sheep at both ends. And those on each extreme of the great divide aren't thinking rationally, just like any other extremist you can name.

Most who hang around at the extremes think they're RIGHT and the other extreme is WRONG. And it doesn't matter which end they're on, they're out to prove their basic premise that the other side is WRONG. I never got much involved in the 9/11 truther conspiracy debates that are still ongoing (although I consider myself a truther), but I got totally wrapped up in the birther conspiracy.
And now, it's the deathers. I'm on the fence on that, although I believe OBL was killed recently, I still have a lot of questions. So, I'm all over the board on various conspiracies and I believe in asking questions. I have never tried to shut people up or say they shouldn't be asking questions. We all should.

But the people who are truthers, birthers and now deathers... It makes me wonder if they're just looking for a conspiracy to hang on to. Seriously.

I also agree the MSM are seizing on it and using it to keep us divided. I only wish all CTers were as rational as you.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

They have been busy taking shots at us in the past week or two. I agree that a lot of us look like the nut jobs they say we are. Sometimes out of ignorance. Sometimes out of excitement wanting to fit in. There are various reasons. What I find interesting is that they are no longer ignoring us. They are apparently keeping very close watch on what we are saying. Which tends to make me feel that we are coming close to at least some of the truth and they are getting nervous. Another thing is we were once a small group but we are growing into a large and loud voice. I was told that the worst group of people to join forces and find a cause is a group of pc geeks. Wiki-leaks is just an example of what a handful of pc geeks can do. The demise of some of the Middle Eastern countries is an example of what pc geeks can do. I can understand the concern by the powers that be. Look at Iran and China with their control of their internet usuage. I hate to tell them but its too late. There is a quote in the Bible not that I am a believer but it says that in the last days all secrets will be revealed. They are being exposed in overdrive.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's hard to ride that skeptic/conspiracy fence... It seems that so many want everything to be a conspiracy - and then others wouldn't question authority if you paid them... Bill Maher is funny, but he's not always accurate. That's not what he's trying to do. He's a political comedian.

But his point is pretty funny. My husband and I were just talking this morning about birthers and deathers... How some people HAVE to have a conspiracy going in their lives or they don't feel right. I certainly don't believe all I'm told and I have plenty of questions, but these two conspiracy theories are totally irrational to me.

Conspiracy theorists like to call people "sheep" for believing what they hear on the MSM. But I do believe there's such a thing as "conspiracy sheep", too, and they're JUST as gullible and mindless as they take up one conspiracy after another, as if they're truth, with NO apparent desire to find the actual truth. People who are more willing to believe the conspiracy than to think rationally to find the truth are every bit as 'sheeple" as those they decry.

We're not being told everything. That's for sure. But to suggest that EVERYTHING we're told is lies, goes a bit far for me.

BH
You sound like an apologist for the CT'rs. Take a stand! You said it yourself, you can not ride the fence.
I for one am one of those "conspiracy sheeple" you've now coined,

Look, when you are lied to by the media,our government, the corporations, be it small lies or gigantic, you smartly should question EVERYTHING!

I will not apologize for picking apart every media story! You are right though, sometimes there are grains of truth in the news, and it's a huge job figuring out which are the truths and what they want us to think!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
He is a prat!

labeling 'Truth Seekers' as 'Nut Jobs' and completely dismissing anyone who 'Questions' and 'Thinks' for themselves and doesn't follow 'Government Stories'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join