It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the GOP to do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This is something that is taken right off the F.B.I.'s own website, it's "top ten most wanted list":

Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.
Source

And so much was admitted by the Bush Administration:

Dick Cheney:

I understand where you are going with this, that you are writing this from the perspective that assumes most American's believe Bin Laden was responsible for 9-11...However, it's still an unsubstantiated claim, even according to the government...thus I would hardly consider it a "conspiracy point of view".

Although, again, it's only a minor point in your thread, but I'm sorry to say, it left a bad taste in my mouth after reading, an otherwise well thought out post...although if you want my "real conspiracy" point of view, all of what you mention is moot anyway, since the election will already be decided for us at the annual Bilberberg meetings, all that's left is how they want to "market" the golden turd to "we the people". There is no separation between the democrats and republicans, both are imperialists, both are neo-liberal/neo-conservative on economic matters, and both parties, by a large, push the globalist nwo agenda...any thrid party candidates will be treated to a lovely media blackout, and thus most people won't even know they exist (remember when Ron Paul was left out of the debates). So, what's the GOP to do? Well I guess that depends on what the money makers tell them to do, right?

edit on 9-5-2011 by meeneecat because: add

edit on 9-5-2011 by meeneecat because: edit

edit on 9-5-2011 by meeneecat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

clearly thats what obama has done

are we forgetting libya,iraq,afghanistan,pakistan oh and the bullet to the head to bin laden and the targeted assination of al zalawi.

might wanna think about that one agian

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

are we forgetting libya,iraq,afghanistan,pakistan oh and the bullet to the head to bin laden and the targeted assination of al zalawi.

ya he has,

it sucks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Libya is no longer on our radar as that op was only temporary and NATO and The EU are now fully in charge.

Iraqi Theatre concluded formally Aug 2010.

The Afghan Theatre to conclude 2014.

Pakistan situation will be handled shortly.

The bullet to the head and the plot on Al-Zalawi are both authourized under International War Crimes laws.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

obama and the democrats campaigned against any "tough" policy or anything that strengthens the military.

i have yet to see any democrat in todays world ever to introduce anything that can better the military instead all they do is cut defense and cut intelligence.

Are you honestly suggesting that we increase the defense budget?

You are aware that we have no money left, right?

Trust me, even the GOP candidates will have to concede on the defense budget issue. We cannot afford to keep throwing money at the military industrial complex. If Republicans try to run on increasing military spending, they will guarantee defeat in 2012. Not only would it be entirely hypocritical based on the GOP's policy for fiscal responsibility, it's downright unpopular at the moment.

Poll: Public prefers cutting defense spending

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Libya is no longer on our radar as that op was only temporary and NATO and The EU are now fully in charge.

The bullet to the head and the plot on Al-Zalawi are both authourized under International War Crimes laws.

I reckon he should pull em now

There is no way to separate in perfect grace, just do it, it's been time

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

When dealing with other nations a certain precision and grace is needed so that your goal could be accomplished without bringing you and them to a state of war. Phase outs are usually a multi month operation so that a phase out could go as smoothly as possible because if you leave too fast or too slow it could backfire in your face creating a bigger mess.

They are coming home, However, everything mentioned is subjected solely and exclusively on the then current situation on the ground.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

When dealing with other nations a certain precision and grace is needed so that your goal could be accomplished without bringing you and them to a state of war. Phase outs are usually a multi month operation so that a phase out could go as smoothly as possible because if you leave too fast or too slow it could backfire in your face creating a bigger mess.

They are coming home, However, everything mentioned is subjected solely and exclusively on the then current situation on the ground.

I understand that

but that has also been the same mechanism that has turned these wars into the longest in U.S history

It is too easy to cite the same logic endlessly.

Obama is in a potentially bad situation because backlash/civil war and genocide is a real possibility.
Pair that with the GOP and the GOP perspective that Obama Attacked Iraq, invaded Afghanistan, crashed the economy, TARP, signed the Patriot ACT, FISA, GITMO, and created the DHS, Obama has a lot of bad things he did.

Not to mention his, three birthplaces, being half Muslim and half Christian black radical, not to mention that Kendonesian people are not allowed to be president. One would think the GOP will be likely to jump on any backlash resulting from withdrawal, but fortunately they are very honest and reasonable, which is clearly
demonstrated everyday on ATS.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

and just where did you get that?

the op was about the publics perception of obama the warrior in cheif which is bs considering what anyone knjows about the left and right.

and are you aware that we are spending over $3.5 trillion on just entitlements and weapons systems that are decades old?

to answer no not increase but i have yet to see any democrat strength the military instead they cut it.

pretty sure i already said that.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by drwizardphd

and just where did you get that?

the op was about the publics perception of obama the warrior in cheif which is bs considering what anyone knjows about the left and right.

and are you aware that we are spending over $3.5 trillion on just entitlements and weapons systems that are decades old?

to answer no not increase but i have yet to see any democrat strength the military instead they cut it.

pretty sure i already said that.

With the Iraqi Theatre in conclusion and the Afghani Theatre nearing it's end the need for a monstorously huge budget is no longer required. To have a large defense budget is nowhere near of a "Small Govt" as that makes Gov't huge but in the wrong way.

We are not spending a penny on "entitlements" and quiit using that term, those are insurance polices that every American has paid into so you are not paying for anyone new's programs so quit with this lie right there it is disgusting.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

fdr was the biggest fascist president this country has ever had

stole gold from fort knox, made gold illegal to own,confiscated it, and round up and threw american in prison.

fdr didnt end world war 2 trumans dropping 2 nuclear bombs did another democrat

the biggest mass murder in us history

FDR set the stage to order the drop but died about 10 wks earlier which left it to Truman and BTW, Truman was a Dem as he was FDR's 3rd VP and won re-election in 1948 to subsequently lose to Eisenhower in 1952. So the nation was solidly liberal from 1932 - 1952.
edit on 10-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Excellent post. S&F. I think you are saying what some of us have been saying for a while now (but much better than I have said it in the past).

What will the GOP do? Most likely, they will decide on the best candidate to put forth who has a chance of winning against Obama. I suspect it might be a woman and none of the candidates you've listed. If the GOP decides to make Geraldine Ferraro look like the next best thing since sliced butter, they can. And with approximately 50% of the voting public voting Republican, it's very possible they could win.

They won't win with the current list of 'hopefuls', though. Ron Paul would be the best thing for the country, but the GOP won't let that happen, simply because of his anti-big-government views and his age. He won't be considered electable by the vast majority of voters and he would be difficult to 'manage' once behind the curtain.

Side note: I feel for you having people misinterpret your position. It happens to me all the time, just like it happened to you here. Fortunately, most understand where you're coming from. And even though we disagree politically, I really liked this post.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Return to the party of Lincoln.

Cut the Christian right loose...mixing religion and politics is no good for the Church or the Politicians...it is short term thinking.

No more social wedge issues.

Limited government...no war, no new laws, no government except where it is absolutely needed.

No more pandering to big business. I know the GOP needs the money, but there is a great opportunity for the GOP to become the party of the people. The internet etc. allows for massive grass roots contributions...if the GOP passed rules amongst the party right now limiting corporate contributions and political influence it would hammer the the democrats, as it stands they are going in the wrong direction..citizens united? they even overturned thier own campaign finance law McCain Fiengold. If the GOP returned to what they once were, independants and even some Dems would flock to them.

Become the party of Campaign Finance reform...limited lobbyist influence...no legislating values and no pandering to the Christian right. Just my opinion.

Edit to add: The one thing that US Citizens of both parties find disgusting is corporate influence in politics within both parties. DC is addicted to corporate money....it is a wide open field that the GOP could march into and the massive number of grass roots/peoples money that would support the position would eclipse corporate contributions. The GOP could then make decisions about taxes and regulation independant of influence. What makes real sense as opposed to who writes them the biggest check. It would set them apart from the rest of DC and people would rally to them from across the spectrum...as long as it went hand in hand with "it's up to the states and the people - we don't legislate values from Washington" when asked about Gay Marriage and abortion and the rest of the nonsense social issues.

edit on 10-5-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If the Dems are counting on the killing of Bin Laden as their meal ticket to re-election in 2012, they are sadly misguided.

The only way Obama sees re-election in 2012 is if he gets the unemployment rate down and stops raising the goddamn debt limit every other day.

I agree, I would love to see Ron Paul go the distance, although he will more than likely get the same criticism McCain got for being too old.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
If the Dems are counting on the killing of Bin Laden as their meal ticket to re-election in 2012, they are sadly misguided.

Agreed, but I don't think they are. If they wanted to use it for reelection, they wouldn't have done it a year and a half before the election. We all know the attention span of the voting populace is about 3.7 minutes.

I think what the OP meant is that the GOP can't deride Obama as not being able to handle the military or act in the best interest of the security of the country. If anything, the OBL killing made that obvious to all. But the Dems can't ride that for over a year. It will be one point in their reelection campaign, but can't be their meal ticket.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Not only has Obama caught and killed Bin Laden

Sorry to break it to you, but if you really believe that, then you are very naive. Ask yourself this, we on ATS always want viable evidence to support a persons claim. Where are the concrete facts of OBL death. Someones claim that he's dead? We have seen no factual pictures/video. We haven't seen conclusive evidence of BL alleged death. NOTHING!

Its a ruse to market Obama has a strong leader on foreign enemies. A failed attempt if I may add. With no evidence to support there claims, then it is deemed " Hearsay" .

You are correct in your statements that the GOP are champions of national security. But the alleged actions of Obama on this topic, is a fail. He has done nothing for national security, except perhaps, expanding on Bush Jr.'s infringing policies. Case in point, look at our southern borders. Any " terrorist" could waltz right in through the southern border. If it was really a case of national security, then our borders would have been shut down and protected by our troops, as a defensive measure, as the Constitution states.

No my friend, Obama did nothing for national security, and the GOP are still bumbling around for answers. As well as the DNC.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Are you suggesting that the war in Iraq is over? If so, then why do we still have troops over there? Sounds more like an oxymoron comment.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Sorry to disagree, but there are enough retards in our country ( US ), that will forget about the expansion on Bush Jr.s infringing policies, and vote for Obama because of the alleged killing of BL.

Cater to the retards, and get voted in again. You watch, Obama, will get a second term. He'll use the killing of BL as a marketing tool to sell himself. Much like Bush Sr. attempted to do for re-election. Bush Sr. used the Kuwait war, and was hoping to ride the coat tails of that operation to win the bid. He failed, but he still tried. Much like obama will do. That's a given.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The GOP can't do anything. Obama will raise 1 billion dollars, there is no way to beat him, he's unbeatable. Obama is Goku on steroids. He's like GOD.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
The GOP can't do anything. Obama will raise 1 billion dollars, there is no way to beat him, he's unbeatable. Obama is Goku on steroids. He's like GOD.

He doesn't even need to raise 1 billion now. With the profound amount of retards that just don't get " it ", they'll vote him in again as a new and distinguished messiah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join