It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spirit/soul knowledge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
the soul survives independent of the physical body

Evidence from near-death and out-of-body experiences shows that subjects sometimes bring back verifiable evidence so obscure that it could only have come from their consciousness continuing to operate when the physical brain and other senses were inoperative.

souls have many lives, not just one

There is evidence from past-life regression, and from children who remember their past lives spontaneously, of verifiable memories that are again so obscure they could not have come from mere guesswork, normal conscious knowledge, or even deliberate fraud.

But do these past-life memories merely arise from tapping into some sort of 'universal memory'? It seems not, because they are often accompanied by strong emotions or unusual behavioural traits. What is more many subjects are also able to recall their time 'between lives', and it seems their consistent reports cannot be simply dismissed as the product of therapist leading, or of prior knowledge or belief. And this 'interlife' regression evidence strongly points towards the continuation of the individual soul from one life to the next, as it follows its own particular path and pattern.

our many lives are not linked by a karmic law of action and reaction

Various regression evidence strongly suggests that the traditional idea that our successive lives are governed by a 'law of action and reaction' is unhelpful and misleading.

But what about within our current life? Here the more aptly named 'law of cause and effect', or 'law of attraction', ensures that we 'create our own reality' within a framework of free will and personal responsibility. However we do this not just with our conscious thoughts, but even more with our unconscious thoughts, emotions, attitudes and intentions. So we have to make deliberate efforts to uncover these and ensure that, ultimately, everything we do is driven by love.

we reincarnate to gather experience so we can grow

This is by far the most common message from interlife subjects. It means that even when we play out repetitive patterns from one life to the next, these are usually complex and cannot be sensibly analysed by a simplistic karmic model. Above all they will usually represent a further opportunity to work on an emotional lesson we have not yet mastered, and should not be regarded as in any sense backward or abnormal.

So is having a life of financial and emotional comfort a sign of an experienced soul? Not necessarily, because such a life would present us with few real tests. What about disabled people; are they paying a price for past mistakes? Of course not. The more severe the disability, the more likely it is that a relatively experienced soul is giving themselves a difficult test to accelerate their growth.

Meanwhile, when we review our past lives in the interlife

the only judgment after death comes from ourselves

Despite all this, is there such a thing as hell? It seems that the idea of a fiery place of perpetual punishment was an entirely human embellishment designed to keep the masses under control.

But there is plenty of evidence to suggest that the basic idea may have come from fleeting out-of-body experiences of aspects of the intermediate realm. Although nonphysical, this is the next most 'dense' plane to earth, in which unfulfilled spirits who retain intense emotions of anger, pain, regret, jealousy, fear and so on, and who continue to be attracted to the physical world, can remain trapped. It is apparently not a pleasant place to linger.

we are responsible for all aspects of our lives because we plan and choose them

Interlife evidence suggests that, before we return for our next life, at the very least we will be given some idea of who our parents will be, what their circumstances are like, and where they live. But we may also see detailed previews of major events in that life, or we may even be shown several potential lives and be asked to choose between them.

So when we face difficult circumstances we would do well to accept responsibility for them, because not only did we choose them, but we did so to allow ourselves to grow. And we will not achieve this by attempting to put the blame on other people, a capricious deity, or blind chance.

But does this mean our lives are predetermined?

we always have free will to deviate from our life plan

This is because the previews that we see in the interlife merely represent major probabilities and lesser possibilities. And we have complete free will to stray from our most probable, chosen life path, because a totally predetermined experience would provide no opportunity for growth.

How long does all this go on for? It seems that we continue to reincarnate in the physical plane until we have gained the full balance of experiences it can offer.

So what happens after that? Interlife evidence suggests that there are myriad other ways in which we continue to experience and grow, either in the light realms themselves, or in other less physical realms. So finishing with the 'earthly round' is only the end of the beginning.

we are all One and all God

There is no God in the sense of a separate entity, but there is plenty of evidence that we are all part of one, interconnected whole. So how do we reconcile this with the evidence for individual soul survival?

soul consciousness is holographic, and represents the part and the whole all at the same time

This does not mean that soul individuality is in itself an illusion, because the principle of the hologram is that the part contains the whole, and yet is clearly distinguishable from it.

So what is the ultimate point of all this? Why does the universe even exist in the first place?

the aim of the Source is to experience all that is and can be

That is why it diversifies into all the billions of individualised soul aspects of itself that operate in the various realms throughout the universe. So as individualised aspects of the Source who have chosen to reincarnate on this planet, we are merely fulfilling a small part of that objective by gathering a balance of all the experiences available here.
www.facebook.com...#!/notes/shaun-walker/spiritsoul-knowledge/128368740744

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Are there any circumstances where a soul wouldn't come back?

Or are souls immortal? And if so, do they end up in a new body, and, if so, how does that happen?
edit on 9-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is a beautiful thread, I only hope that others find the value in it that I do. We all have a mission and a lesson to learn. I believe that once we have conquered our trivial dilemmas, we progress to the new "stage".

Hopefully when world peace is accomplished and true enlightenment is in effect, we will all ascend to a new plane.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Yes indeed thanks for this OP.. I thought it was a great read, and well written.

Deebo

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
very nicely written. I have a couple of questions though.

if a soul that is more likely to be experienced, achieved more growth and evolved more, then chooses a hard life in say prison for fourty years and commits murder of another person to do this? how are they both compatable? this person doesnt sound very evolved to me.

or how about a person born with severe retardation from birth that cannot interact with other people. what could possibly be learnt from a life like that?

if we have lived before but do not remember the experience. then essentially these two are not the same person or entity and that means the person you know yourself as now ceases to exist at physical death.

if it is the soul that remembers all these lives then we are merely being used as a vesel for a seperate 'soul' entity to experience things.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

It's quite nice to see more people understand this day in and day out. Kudos to you and good luck on your journey my friend!

Good Day

edit on 9-5-2011 by prolific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Very much in tune with Neale Donald Walsh and his book Conversations with God. I truly believe this thread and the writings of Walsh. If you have not read the books or seen the movies, I highly recommend you do if this thread intrigues you.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Each of us are a string that is woven in the fabric of time. There were points in time where we came from a common parent, so to trace all our incarnations back in time would be to reach the same point. Spirits come and go, souls dissolve and break apart, nothing is permanant, nothing is fixed, we could even divide ourselves into infinite clones.

However, this is not to say that all beings originate from the same point. There is a fundamental "zero" and beyond that, consciousness forms in these spiralling patterns, and from there, those conscious beings create experiences and reality. These are the "oversouls" and eventually they create children that become the species of life that exist on the many planets. Each person is a memory that has been combined and selected by these oversouls, forming strings, at a certain time, some of these strings simultaneously form into thier own souls, and when they survive to a certain point, they become immortal like thier oversouls, awaiting the recreation of a new universe, carrying with them the memories of the other beings that did not come to fruition, that will be given more chances in the next cycle of rebirth.
edit on 9-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

What I mean to say, is that things are not as simple as a linear set of incarnations, you are you, there is another individual that is attached to you and that can be called a "past life", sometimes it is rejected, sometimes it is accepted. Other times beings enter into babies and amalgamate themselves with the natural living being, eventually forming into one being. Sometimes a person is a combination of many other beings, sometimes some combine, other times they divide. No matter how many times we divide ourselves, no matter how many of us there are, there is always the same consciousness, the supreme oversoul. That being said, a soul can be the oversoul of many other forms, much like you could take all your thoughts and manifest them into individual beings, you would be their consciousness until they could recreate consciousness of their own in a similar fashion.

The proof? When you are asleep, you are not conscious until the next time you wake up, likewise when one dies they might only wake up as being a memory in their next incarnation. Some beings hold on to the ability to "remember" who they are, but even memories can be altered, we can all be made to believe that we are each other, so really, its the experiences that are combined together, that form in eloquent patterns. If you want to maintain a consciousness after death, you have to have the awareness to "lucid dream" in the "afterlife", and to have immortality is to live in the world of your own dreams, to live in a plane of your own creation.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

Oh, glad I read this thread. You are very insightful. I actually agree with everything you have said. I am assuming you have also delved into the wealth of hypnotherapy transcripts by Brian Weiss, Michael Newton, Bruce Goldberg, etc. Also, corroborated this with the wealth of information on near death experiences that state the same truths. Not to mention other altered states of consciousness that derive the same answers such as meditation, OBEs, etc, etc. Oh, and the many obscure cases of alleged reincarnations that are out there. After all, the truth is consistent. You are absolutely right, life is an experience. I guess, it's Source wanting to experience everything that is available. I see ourselves as extension of the source, all experiencing this reality subjectively.

However, as for the effects of karma. I do believe 'good' deeds will accelerate our journey back to Source against 'bad' deeds. Under our own free wil, I always figured we'll nominate ourselves to experience any negative actions we may have inflicted upon other people in this lifetime during the next incarnation. Yes, I also agree we can develop, grow, and experience in other dimensions or realities other than physical incarnations. Also, apparently we take a certain 'percentage of our soul' with us. I guess this may explain (if Jesus did exist) why he appeared to be covered in a white light. Or, if this has an affect on the personality of the individual incarnating.

Just one thing strikes me as peculiar. I have yet to come across an alleged case of reincarnation where the individual has not been a spitting image of the previous incarnation. I mean, the hypnotherapy transcipts show that we choose many things before an incarnation such as our physical body. Do we always incarnate with the same physical traits as humans, or, is it possible to incarnate in another body with different characteristics? Is it the same faces that incarnate over and over again? Also, if the soul is androgynous (no strict particular gender), are there any past life memories out there of lives as the opposite sex? Do you have any views on parallel lives? Some evidence shows you can have up to one at a time during an incarnation, others show it can be in the thousands!

Would love to know if you have any thoughts on this. Great thread.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by knackers323

if a soul that is more likely to be experienced, achieved more growth and evolved more, then chooses a hard life in say prison for fourty years and commits murder of another person to do this? how are they both compatable? this person doesnt sound very evolved to me.

or how about a person born with severe retardation from birth that cannot interact with other people. what could possibly be learnt from a life like that?

if we have lived before but do not remember the experience. then essentially these two are not the same person or entity and that means the person you know yourself as now ceases to exist at physical death.

if it is the soul that remembers all these lives then we are merely being used as a vesel for a seperate 'soul' entity to experience things.

can anyone answer this?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

We can't really say exactly why a single person is born/incarnated here, each soul has decided to come for many different reasons. Some may be karmic related, but even karma is often greatly misunderstood. Karma does not always equal suffering for past wrongs, many view it as an opportunity to do good. So no suffering is experienced in that case, but you have come to learn to be kind to some you have perhaps wronged in a past experience.

Some come here with the soul purpose of inspiring others, helping them to grow spiritually or helping them learn to love. Having a son or daughter born retarded may just be one of those opportunities - that is, the individuals child may have come here to help the parent learn to love unconditionally, for example.

We all live many lives and each life makes up the totality of our being. Like a many sided crystal, each new life adds a new facet to the whole. So the "you" in this life will be influenced by all of what you have done in the past, for good or bad. It will be forever a part of you. Though that's not to say if you were a bad person in one of your past lives you'll always be bad in some way in this life or have to pay for it through suffering. You'll have a chance to make up for any past wrongdoings.

The body is indeed a vessel to carry out one's purpose for being born here. But the body really is only like a rental car - at some point, after you borrow it, you'll need to return it. How well did you behave in your rental car? Higher than normal charges and penalties may apply for extra abusive behavior.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Are there any circumstances where a soul wouldn't come back?

Or are souls immortal? And if so, do they end up in a new body, and, if so, how does that happen?
edit on 9-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

yes..souls/we are immortal...

you decide that, you can go anywhere you choose, although where you choose with your self here now may not be what you would choose on the other side..

what i mean is, hmm...tough one to explain...basically what your ego would choose and what your higher self would choose may be two different things

anyways you will figure this out in due time

all is well

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

hi,

well...to choose to murder somone is very low consciousness...when someone kills someone in reality they are just killing themselves, if you look at it from the point of view that we are all one and a part at the same time..

see what i mean?

when we come to this reality we forget, well most of us forget...you see this game? very well designed huh..
so thankful...very challenging, interesting, special...you see this?

so, i remember some old saying "they know not what they do" you see people killing people, well they really don't know the reality of it all, all they percieve is there little world that must not be fun...plus you throw in thoughts manifesting...law of attraction...karma...i mean a negative person is going to have some negative stuff going on, that's just how it goes...

anyways, lol..sorry for rambling on...

i don't know exactly what you are asking in your first question, tough to decipher words sometimes..i wish i could speak to you face to face...i'll say there are not many coincadences(sp) stuff happens for a reason...

a person who comes into the world with retardation is interesting, now i wish all of my brothers and sisters would be in perfect health...but as you know we come here to experience all that is..and a person being retarded may be that way to help a family memeber or person or people learn compassion...or some other reason..

when you see a retarded person, how do you feel? how would you feel that way if retardation never existed?

you never cease to exist, if you died tonight you would be you, but in your true form as a spiritual being of light and you would still be you, but with all of your awareness...so tough to describe with words

imagine, you know all of this already

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IrnBruFiend

Originally posted by cornucopia

Oh, glad I read this thread. You are very insightful. I actually agree with everything you have said. I am assuming you have also delved into the wealth of hypnotherapy transcripts by Brian Weiss, Michael Newton, Bruce Goldberg, etc. Also, corroborated this with the wealth of information on near death experiences that state the same truths. Not to mention other altered states of consciousness that derive the same answers such as meditation, OBEs, etc, etc. Oh, and the many obscure cases of alleged reincarnations that are out there. After all, the truth is consistent. You are absolutely right, life is an experience. I guess, it's Source wanting to experience everything that is available. I see ourselves as extension of the source, all experiencing this reality subjectively.

However, as for the effects of karma. I do believe 'good' deeds will accelerate our journey back to Source against 'bad' deeds. Under our own free wil, I always figured we'll nominate ourselves to experience any negative actions we may have inflicted upon other people in this lifetime during the next incarnation. Yes, I also agree we can develop, grow, and experience in other dimensions or realities other than physical incarnations. Also, apparently we take a certain 'percentage of our soul' with us. I guess this may explain (if Jesus did exist) why he appeared to be covered in a white light. Or, if this has an affect on the personality of the individual incarnating.

Just one thing strikes me as peculiar. I have yet to come across an alleged case of reincarnation where the individual has not been a spitting image of the previous incarnation. I mean, the hypnotherapy transcipts show that we choose many things before an incarnation such as our physical body. Do we always incarnate with the same physical traits as humans, or, is it possible to incarnate in another body with different characteristics? Is it the same faces that incarnate over and over again? Also, if the soul is androgynous (no strict particular gender), are there any past life memories out there of lives as the opposite sex? Do you have any views on parallel lives? Some evidence shows you can have up to one at a time during an incarnation, others show it can be in the thousands!

Would love to know if you have any thoughts on this. Great thread.

hi,

i'll focus on your last paragraph

hey you may choose to come back and be a hummingbird, no need to look the same everytime

yeah, not the same everytime...

i bet we have all experienced being male and female in past lives, why not?

yeah i feel it is possible to have other lives going on, just about anything is possible...if you can think it up...then it is possible

but they would be in another reality as to not disrupt your current reality..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
hi all,

so...i heard some cool stuff...

everything is pointing at he big show that is humanity here on earth

ascension...

moving into the 5th and higher dimensions...

i am here to assist

did you know we have DNA from at least 16 different species of "extra terrestrials"(in reality are our brothers and sisters)
anyways, yes the human body is cool huh...very amazing and to experience mother earth and all we do..i am so thankful..

are you?

do you know about our so called junk DNA?

well, we do have cool abilities like telepathy, i know because when i was awakened in 2008 i had that ability..then it faded away, i think because on an even higher level my guides knew that time wasn't the time to have that ability...

i have gone through a lot of stuff and life would be even harder to deal with if i had all of my abilites for what i had to experience...lots of emotional and pyschic abuse from a close person.....would have been magnified if i knew what they were thinking even more so and not being able to just remove myself from the situation..

when high and low consciousness have to share living space it can be tough...i would wonder why would you want to hurt me and i would ask and not get a response only laughter.....yes rough...all is forgiven though, i love all that is...

and i will prevail as a being of love and light and nothing or nobody can change that

thank you God..

thank You

anyways, where was i before i got into my private life?

lol

so yes...2012..wasn't written in stone for nothing

do you see what is going on on this world?

revolutions, earth changes, etc.etc.

golden age is here, thank you

end times..

all of that jazz

awesome time to be human...

i'll share some vids that may inspire you

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
enjoy this gem of information

Dannion Brinkley - The Changing Face of Time - 2012 is Coming

video.google.com...#

Google Video Link

"After three near death experiences, and three visits to the Other Side, Dannion Brinkley understands this phenomenon. Through being dead, he gained tremendous wisdom for living a life of value. Now, with quantum physics, new frontier science and an understanding of reality as energy, our knowledge of the world of time and space have been greatly altered"

"Drawing on ancient prophesies, from the Mayan Calendar to the Old and New Testament, he will explore the true meaning of The End Times. Will you fear them, or contribute to the ascension of consciousness? "

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
earth/human history...

remember?

you will...

i love you

Legend of Atlantis part 1 - Dawn of the Gods
"Thousands of years ago the gods came down to Earth from the stars to initiate a genesis. Human civilization was formed and reached a peak with Atlantis. A dark age began and the battle of Atlantean gods led to its fall. A secret brotherhood brought Atlantean secret teachings before the fall to Egypt. Through all civilizations and with inspiration from extraterrestrian guards the secret Atlantean brotherhood managed all political systems with an educational mission. The thrilling documentation shows for the first time the secret activities of a brotherhood in relations with invisible masters from Shambhala and Agharta and the secret about the hollow earth."

video.google.com...#

Google Video Link

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Thank you for your interesting post.

I do agree with most of what you have written, but if I may, I will add a few things from mystic teachings.

Firstly, the soul is originally born in this world with a massive amount of kinetic energy in the form of desire for experience. This falls in line with what you have written, that souls are here to have experience.

Now this kinetic energy, or Original Desire, (the Bible calls it Original Sin) takes many lifetimes to exhaust. It is apparently part of the law of karma and reincarnation that all potential desires of a particular soul must bear fruit, so basically what we desire the most in one lifetime sets the stage for our next lifetime, along with the store of karma which we have accumulated. It is our desires and attachments to people and things which determine our future life, (you go where your treasure lies), and so from that point of view it is of our own making, though it is not a conscious choice.

While the soul is experiencing one life after the other, it does amass a mountain of karmas, both positive and negative, (or light and burdensome), and this load of karmas continues to increase even as the Original Desire become depleted. Once the soul has completely exhausted its desires, it is ready to ascend to higher dimensions or planes, but the weight of its karmas keeps the soul tied to this creation. This is where the concept of intercession comes in, where an enlightened being like Jesus or many of the other mystics stands as ransom for the payment of those karmas so that the soul can leave this earthly dimension.

I am not sure if much more than this is relevant to your topic, just thought I would offer these ideas into the mix.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Nice Thread

From one who has been there too this is mainly all correct.

I Know anyone who has read this thread and likes it will like the following the largest collection and straight from the horses mouth as it seems.

Please do look and research the cross cultural, historical and amount of similair experiences means if this hypothesis was a scientific one as such enough "results" from the following would mean it was accepted and written about in txt books.

The proof is more than there njoy and just consider whne someone seems to be harmful to you, a person who in your life brings for no apparent reason distress etc and you feel why me? what have I done?

The answer is often but not always that, you did the same in a previous life to that person " as you reap you will sow etc" the law of Karma. Stop the cycle turn the other cheek eveolve learn your lesson and never again experience that cycle/habit etc.

Much love to all. The Near Death Experience Research Foundation

There are many accounts on there some have been researched and verified by the organisation (ie family info medical staff and notes) my own experience is there, and was researched & confirmed (what could be) I feel around 70-80% of the experiences there seem very genuine and real and how I experienced it.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
thanks for your posts, i love you dudes and dudettes

thank you

thank you

thank you

namaste

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>