It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by terilynn

>
King James Version

10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11And white robes were given unto every one of them; [color=skyblue]and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Hope this helps.

I feel what is written in what I posted some consider rapture. But it speaks of the followers not being of this dimension any longer and able to see this dimension from there. The followers ALL died for the HE as he did we. The evol were left to deal with what NO follower deserves to experience in 3D..

Be well

edit on 5/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Islam teaches that ANYONE who believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God must be killed. To convert to Islam, you must DENY Christ. You sure you want to go there?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I guess I misspoke..to say He wants one was wrong..I am sorry. Its more like He is all powerful and created everything if He wants one who is to stop Him..remember from you bible studies when you were a child...Angels were used as messengers of God. Can could not send Himself in His purest form. He can not/will not look upon sin we as people would basically turn to dust in His presence if we were unworthy..remember the Ark of the Covenant.

Makes sense?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by the4thhorseman

Which brings us back to my first post, "God" says I have free will so I am going to kill either the Anti-Christ or the real one, when/if they show up. Since I have free will, I can do this.

Perhaps this is why the date can not be set in stone

(I love being Discordian! Or hate it, you pick.)

I can not wait for the 22nd, the backpeddling that occurs is the awesome!

-EDIT
Just think of it like this: "Justice will be served!"

I mean how many folks have done the terror thing in THIS guys name!!!!
edit on 5/9/2011 by adigregorio because: Afterthought...

edit on 5/9/2011 by adigregorio because: haev (to) have

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

God never promised any man Heaven either.. As a matter of fact God told Moses he could not look at His face less he will die on the mountain where God gave him His laws!.. Heaven is God's house where the angels live. The only man to get to go there is Jesus.. God is preparing His son to rule here on this earth.. It is His inheritance from the Father. If anyone deserved to go to Heaven it is the prophets God actually worked with and look and see where they went when it was time for them to die... The grave...sleep is what the Bible says...waiting like everyone else is for the return of Jesus.. Where He will be the King of Earth just as His Father is the King of Heaven.. Another lie made up throughout the ages to make people feel better about death.. See why people have to read and ask for understanding from the Father of His letter to man.. ( Bible ) It has to be read chapter by chapter and verse by verse to really understand it.. Skipping around leaves plenty of room for man's input to be inserted in it.. That is what has happened.. You get a whole new perspective on it if you read it like you should.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Luke 21 entire chapter. Also Noah and Lot were both taken away before total destruction. Study the letters to the seven churches. Look at Philadelphia

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Those who believe in the Tribulation(Hour of temptation) know this is for the whole earth..notice the key word above "all"

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

to specifically answer the OP, what if Christ does return on the 21st?

I hope He will take center stage somewhere and discuss how some evil men created a horrible control mechanism through religion, to get money, pretend to be the only contact source for the Divine, and how Christianity and other monotheistic religions have actively separated mankind and caused wars for more than 2,000 years! He'll tell us to throw away our Bibles and wake the heck up!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by the4thhorseman

Noah had to build the ark and rode out the flood on the ark still on earth and not raptured to Heaven during the flood.. That is the way I read it..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by terilynn

God never promised any man Heaven either.. As a matter of fact God told Moses he could not look at His face less he will die on the mountain where God gave him His laws!.. Heaven is God's house where the angels live. The only man to get to go there is Jesus.. God is preparing His son to rule here on this earth.. It is His inheritance from the Father. If anyone deserved to go to Heaven it is the prophets God actually worked with and look and see where they went when it was time for them to die... The grave...sleep is what the Bible says...waiting like everyone else is for the return of Jesus.. Where He will be the King of Earth just as His Father is the King of Heaven.. Another lie made up throughout the ages to make people feel better about death.. See why people have to read and ask for understanding from the Father of His letter to man.. ( Bible ) It has to be read chapter by chapter and verse by verse to really understand it.. Skipping around leaves plenty of room for man's input to be inserted in it.. That is what has happened.. You get a whole new perspective on it if you read it like you should.

inherit to rule earth from his father. I never did like monarchies. not saying man is worthy of our world. but I dont believe that anyone should rule anything aside from his own mind.

and moses was most likely on magic mushrooms at the time too. they were very popular and abundant at the time.

link   

First, I am not a follower of any religion; I find it too dangerous. That said, IF a being appeared and claimed to be Christ, I fear that he would be ostracized by his followers.

My grandmother, who was a Charismatic Christian, even went so far to say that if Jesus did appear, he wouldn't be talking to any of the clergy unless it was to chew them out; he would be in the ghettos tending to the homeless and hungry, as well as the drunks, the prostitutes, the crack-heads.

“I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” Ghandi

link   
reply to post by UcDat

You say he rides in on a horse?
Why would he choose a horse, of all things?
They do have motor vehicles today...lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Which brings us back to my first post, "God" says I have free will so I am going to kill either the Anti-Christ or the real one, when/if they show up. Since I have free will, I can do this.

I mean how many folks have done the terror thing in THIS guys name!!!![

Well you can try anyway..to kill either one you do have free will...let me know how that works out for you. The anti-christ will come back, thus your action alone will bring his reign to a beginning and Christ well lets just say I don't think you will have a chance.

I do not believe in setting dates. We are told to look for signs that things are getting close.
“Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

It is sad to say that there have been many terrible things done in the name of God the crusades being one of them. That does not mean it was of God or what God wanted. This free will that we have we chose to live our life and the actions we chose are our own blood thirsty men will chose what ever the need to fit their liking. I could do all types of terrible things in the name of God but that does not make me a true follower of God. Keep in god if Islam and the God of Christianity are not the same.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

what if Christ has already returned? what if the spirit of christ has emobied many or embodied the earth or will not embody anything, rather just let it's Spirit dwell here? i think everyone who believes in the return of Christ gets too caught up in the man Jesus. the Spirit of Christ was what made Jesus able to be Jesus Christ (imo). i think everyone's looking for some shepherd looking dude to come down from the sky and swoop some folks up in his pimped out cadillac.

i think the return of Christ will be more of a movement than an actual physical manifestation. this is just my opinio, though. i am a firm believer in Christ but an avid skeptic of the Bible. i think that people take the Bible too seriously. remember...the Bible has been fondled by many a preachers/churshes/popes/scholars/whoknows before you ever saw it. so take the words with a grain of salt. Jesus himself was crucified for speaking out against organized religion. i doubt he would want droives of people listening to every word they hear out of a book that was raped by greedy men.

i doubt he would've wanted a religion in His name. i'll tell you this: the "christians" i know of do not remind me, in any way shape form or fashion of the Christ i know. i bet Jesus would back hand most christians. Jesus was a teacher. the goal of a teacher is to create teachers...not perpetual students. i doubt Jesus would want His people to spend half their weekends reading His words. He would probably rather have you spending that time (and a lot more) actually living His word. He said "I am the Word".

as a christian...it should be your goal to be Christ...not study Him or talk to others about Him. He was just anoter messenger. He knew that. He had a GREAT message that still resonates with the masses thousands of years later. but stop putting all your chickens in His basket...start being Him.

HE IS RISEN. HE IS HERE.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

This is old school, man.
This time around, when he exposes corruption and evil inside the system; he would be called terrorist and put away in Guantanamo; get water-boarding and a bullet in the head eventually. And nobody would know about it.
Such a waste of time that's why he still hesitate to come down to Earth the second time.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My attempts at adding a bit of humour to the thread aside, I do believe Christ will be returning, and when He does, it will be as the leader of a huge armada of spacecraft, to be used to transport His believers to an unpopulated Earthlike planet, where they will shown how to use technology that won't hurt the environment in anyway, while providing the newly transplanted population with all the comforts they will ever want. The atmosphere will be such that bodies will no longer be need to house souls, and the newly arrived population will live on in spirit form. For those who are left behind, the planet Earth will become the "Hell" they have been warned about for the past couple of thousand years!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Ask you know the Old Testament was a foreshadow of things to come. Noah was taken out of the flood Lot was taken out of the city. 2 Kings 2 Elijah did not taste death he was taken to heaven.

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore it in two.

Look at the letters of the seven churches study each church. Look at Luke 21 what are we to pray for?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Originally posted by adigregorio

I mean how many folks have done the terror thing in THIS guys name!!!![

Well you can try anyway..to kill either one you do have free will...let me know how that works out for you. The anti-christ will come back, thus your action alone will bring his reign to a beginning and Christ well lets just say I don't think you will have a chance.

Then I don't have free will, and by proxy neither do Christians. Showing this, is the whole point of my plan.

Keep in mind I think this "God" is real, it is Jesus I have the issue with
And the lying canon of scribbles known as the Bible.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Let's see... a person who supposedly died 2000+ years ago comes back from the dead?! I'd call it the Zombie Apocalypse!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." - Matthew 24:36

So why does everyone think that we know the dates? We don't. And it makes even more sense that it will NOT be a date that everyone is ready for or waiting for something to happen.

“So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming." - Matthew 24:40

"You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.” - Luke 12:40

"But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment." 2 Peter 3:10

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Had to star that, for sounding so cool!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join