It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Originally posted by Fury1984
reply to post by the4thhorseman

Thanks for the reply! I love these sort of replies. I'll ponder what you said. Let me ask you this, do you believe the pre-trib rapture will occur after the dead in Christ arise?

Sorry for the delay. This thread has been very busy..LOL. Sorry to say I will have to answer your question with a question. Do you see the Last Trumpet in Revelation 11:15 as the same Trumpet mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:52?

Remember Paul was speaking to the Corinthians about a "last trumpet" prior to Johns revelation of the last trumpet. The term "last trumpet," in Hebraic tradition, is a term connected with Rosh haShanah, or the Feast of Trumpets. If one is to set any dates or seasons I would believe that this would be the best timing for the Rapture.

But please brother to not take my word for it. Let the Holy Spirit guide you in your studies let not me be a stumbling block before you.

So your answer to my question is yes.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Everything centers on Jerusalem... Ezekiel 38 - 39, Revelations all that must unfold according to prophecy.. Dont be fooled

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by stevcolx

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by stevcolx

You can't get true information from any articles that related to the bible. Because they are bias in their results.

Man, you're 'bias'!
The word you want is 'biased'. Bias is the noun, biased is the adjective.
Vicky

Thank you for the lesson on proper grammar!! x

It was my pleasure (it's what I do!)
I had no comment on the content of your post, as it seems to me that your mind is firmly closed!
Vicky

My mind is not closed. It is very open. You have to think and research other theories and possibilties to evaluate. And the more I think and read about religion the more my evaluations have confirmed that religion is just a scam. People have been duped into believing about the invisible man for about 3 thousand years now. Granted it has given people moral guidlines for their lives but it has also caused death and destruction.

If you look back at the history of kingdoms in South America, North America, Europe, Austrailia, The Far East and the Middle Or Near East e.g. Sumeria at 6,000 years ago and more you'll notice a common belief. They never worshipped a God. Why? Because the people who invented God didn't come up with the story till later on. Peoples from that era worshipped their creators and those were the Star Gods aka the Annunaki. Now, why would they worship reptilian humanoids and why would they say that they created the Human Race??

That's the big million dollar question. Now I know that concept sounds far fetched but don't you think the God story sounds really far fetched too?

Oh my mind is open and not closed to religious control!!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Here's a thought.
What if "they" use HAARP to help make this seem real?

What better way to confuse and control the masses, than a fake rapture by causing the earthquakes?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

That's exactly what I was thinking about.

Throughout history, lots of prophets predicting the end of the world really believed in what they were preaching. Harold Camping seems to be no different. Not only does he believe, but he has spent millions of his own money on this and never asked for donations to help. Even near the end, he isn't trying to sell his book or putting out a backdoor statement in case it doesn't happen. We are a few days away, and he still believes with a strong conviction that this "is going to happen."

Due to the build-up of this event, something is going to happen. Will it be the Rapture as he is predicting, a false flag attack on the New Madrid Fault Line by HAARP, or hundreds, if not thousands, of Camping's followers committing suicide due to depression?

We will know soon enough.
edit on 5/19/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Fixed quotation mark placement

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

That was so cool, have you written any books? I would buy them! I LMAO!!!

Hehehe!

I will have to try and change my mood to "Greatness", seems the way to go!
edit on 19/5/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

suicide? depression?? a Christians faith is in GOD , not harold camping. there would be no reason for either depression or suicide when ones faith abides in the Word of GOD

..unless they don't abide in GOD and His Word.

nobody knows the day, only the Father.
even those who respect camping know the Word of GOD says different, but preparation on any day is always encouraged.

Why? because tomorrow could be the end. some people won't wake up tomorrow. some people are literally dying this very moment around the world.
tomorrow is never promised .. but everlasting life IS, in Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm not going to read this thread. I'll just comment instead.

What if I win the Mega Ball on 5/21/2011? The first thing I would do is build a sweet house probably on some body of water. Then I would pay off these christian goons to finally just shut the hell up about the end of the world. The end of the world will end when I say it will end. Got it?

After building my house, I would build a giant mud pit and go swimming in it. Then I would go to church covered in mud. Why? Because I've always wanted to go to church covered in mud. I wonder what the churchgoers would think? Would they think this guy needs help from the almighty? Or would they call the cops?

Then, I would build an amusement park and adopt a monkey. I would live out the rest of my days high on pain killers and sleeping next to children. Then be found dead. And then, and only then, may the world end.

Nanu Nanu

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

nobody knows the day, only the Father.

I love that all you Christian's use that as the ultimate end of the discussion. What is actually said in Mark 13:33-37 is to be aware and "don't be caught sleeping" not that no one can know necessarily, just that people need to be ready because it can sneak up on you.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

tomorrow is never promised .. but everlasting life IS, in Jesus Christ.

AMEN!! Hallelujah!

Powerful truth brother, powerful!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a69ad526a59.jpg[/atsimg]

This whole thing is insane - its being advertised like a movie.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wow...Arent these people going to be Embarrassed on the 22nd of May????

What are they going to say?? Oh Well.... Sorry about that Chief.....

Where will Jesus land anyway? Christian America and Asia didnt exist when he left 2000 years ago.

And what if he lands on the wrong side of the "wall" in Jewruselum?? And he lands on the Gaza side??

Well I guess Humus will take him hostage and blindfold him, and put him on Al Jesera TV to State..
"God Does Not Exist"!! Well, not the Jewish God anyway....

Then the US Green Berets (the Navy Seals have had too much glory lately) will go in and blow the Shi* out of the #ites, declaring..Jesus Christ, we saved the Day again....Praise Jesus Christ for creating the Green Berets...Jesus Christ that was a difficult mission. Thank Jesus Christ we had it covered...Jesus Christ......will be so happy. Jesus Christ!!!, President Barry will say. Jesus Christ will rejoice "Osamatta, where's ya Bin Ladenly? His English is a little rusty as he hasnt spoken it for????..Well....Actually he has never spoken English..Ever!!!!...tho be might get away with the little Pig Latin he picked up in Galilee.....

Jesus Christ, we are all saved at last....ThankYou....Jesus Christ.

Except for the Church of Scient-Myth-ology....But they have Tom Cruise already.. So they are set.

Hang On!!!! Its my Birthday on the 21st of May........Why YOU!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

This whole thing is insane - its being advertised like a movie.

Astute observation. And whats so great about a worldwide earthquake anyway? Death, destruction, more death. Doesn't seem so great to me.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I've recently became acquainted with Harold Camping's prediction. Not sure what to make of it as one man can't predict when the Rapture will arrive.

Marilyn Hughes is an author who talks about how she has out-of-body experiences (for years now) where she is petitioned by Heavenly Beings to save roaming souls who don't know they are dead. She has written about numerous accounts of when she visited realms of Heaven. One account is she was shown a spiritual Being who was furiously, calculating. She asked her guide what that Being doing and why. She was told this Being was responsible for calculating the 2nd coming of Christ or the Rapture and nobody, not even the Guide knew the time or day.

I think Harold Camp can draw conclusions or even speculate as the events on earth seem to align with major themes within the Bible, especially Revelations.

If I were a betting person, I would think it would be more along the lines of Oct 21, 2011 when we line up with "Comet Elenin" and it's meteor tail which will cause havoc on Earth.

Also compelling is a recent guest on Coast to Coast - David Elkington. He is a Bible scholar who had an opportunity to personally look at the newly found (or rather, newly claimed to the public since 2009) 70 lead tablets in the middle east. During his interview with George Noory, he said these tablets are the oldest written Bible text we have to date, older than the Dead Sea Scrolls. He said what was learned by a team of scholars is all religions are in essence the same or striving and serving the same God. He also mentioned May 2011 as significant, but didn't go on. George said, did you know there are predictions of May 21st being the Rapture. David truly didn't know this and quickly dismissed any type of "predictions". He said he was only relaying what the tablets said.

Below is an expert on David Elkington:

Appearing in the middle two hours, British scholar and author David Elkington spoke about the extraordinary discovery of 70 ancient metal religious books that could alter the world's view of biblical history (related article). Elkington, who was privileged to examine the lead tablets in person, said the books contain images and a form of paleo-Hebrew writing, measure about three to four inches across, many are sealed, and almost all appear to be authentic. "If they are forgeries, what are they forgeries of, because you don't forge something that's unique," he noted. Laboratory metallurgical tests confirmed they are of ancient provenance, he continued, adding that the book form of the metal documents points to an early Christian origin.

According to Elkington, these books are a major find for Christianity, as they appear to confirm the story of Jesus presented in the New Testament gospel accounts. The metal pages include iconography of 7-branched Jewish menorahs, fruiting palm trees, and eight-pointed stars, which are indicative of Messianic descriptions in the Bible, he explained. One book depicts a first century topographic map of Jerusalem, complete with a crucifix just beyond the city walls and a tomb, presumably belonging to Christ, he noted. Another tablet portrays images inspired by Palm Sunday, he added. A cursory analysis of the books seems to indicate that Jesus did exist and this is the first ever hard evidence for it, Elkington declared. He also briefly commented on the connection of this finding with the sealed books of Revelation.
-------------------------------------------------
You have to dig deep within Google to find mention of the May 2011 event David briefly talks about. I don't have it readily available.

Therefore, I find it interesting and compelling, but I'm not ready to quit my job on what "man" says or predicts. I think what came out of this for me, is to take inventory of my own spiritual evolution and whether I am prepared from a disaster standpoint and if I am truly (trying) to live a good life.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I guess we will see tomorrow.

Make sure to get up early and throw your old unwanted clothing out into the street for the lulz.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No one knows the time and date of the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.These things are known only to the Father;even the angels are not aware.Any prophecy contradicting the word of God is to be rejected.All genuine prophecies originate from the Holy Spirit.There are prophecies come from human spirit and demonic spirits.Whatever comes from the Holy Spirit always agree with the Written word of God and it glorifies Christ.Prediction of the date of His coming is neither in line with the Written word nor it glorifies Christ.NO ONE MEANS NO ONE .Signs of His second coming are explained by Christ Himself .No doubt we are living in the last day.
One of the sings of the last days is increase of deception.Let us beware of false prophets,false Christs,false teachers and false prophecies.Lets be vigilant and pray till the day of His coming.
victor
edit on 20-5-2011 by newjerusalemfellowship because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So...at 9pm tonight (May 20, 2011) pacific standard time.....it will be 6pm Saturday May 21, 2011 at Kiritimati, Christmas Island, Kiribati

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry but, nothing will happen. There may be an earthquake, but there wont be any Messiah's.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Well, it's May 21st and we are still here. ROFLMFAO...

<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join