It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by the4thhorseman

let not me be a stumbling block before you

Trips...falls...hits face on asphalt. Horseman! You son of a...just kidding of course. Anyway I'm wondering about the whole last trumpet thing. When did the first trumpet sound? Or the second? Or what number are we on in regards to these trumpets? I just thought of that actually.

If anyone who is disappearing on the 21st wants someone to keep feeding their fish, let me know. Payments for service must be made in advance of anticipated departure and a 12 month service obligation is required. No refunds in the case of a non event.

Well I for one do not believe the rapture will happen on May 21st. If it does it has nothing to do with this prediction.It would be just the luck of the draw. Now to the trumpets one would need to look at the Jewish feasts to understand the trumpets and how each of the festivals tie into the life of Jesus.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by prettygentle

Originally posted by UcDat
reply to post by SonicInfinity

ps I'm thinking about converting to Islam tomorrow thoughts?

edit on 9-5-2011 by UcDat because: proof read first yu say lol

Have you lost your mind?

considering I know the bible inside out been going to church my whole life maybe but I gotta say the Koran is powerful stuff. You know it was the angle Gabriel who gave the words to Mohamed?
btw did you read those 2 books I recommended? Spells out the end times and whats happening in the middle east right now.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
considering I know the bible inside out been going to church my whole life maybe but I gotta say the Koran is powerful stuff. You know it was the angle Gabriel who gave the words to Mohamed?
btw did you read those 2 books I recommended? Spells out the end times and whats happening in the middle east right now.

Glad to meet another who surely spent at least as many as my 35+ years of intense study of the Bible.

But I've read the Quran too... and found it tedious, contradictory (calling it abrogation doesn't fly with me), hateful, repetitive, and anachronistic, to say the least. But nothing close to powerful. But I did find many parallels between Islam and Mormonism: guy gets vision from angel, angel says the current religions are wrong and the writings corrupted, hands or shows guy golden plates with the "true" writings on them, tells guy to start restored "true" religion, guy collects some buddies who vouch for him, guy dies off and successors fight for control of a now lucrative enterprise, and the "truth" is frequently "corrected" for generations to come. Just an interesting comparison.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

Sorry to jump in but that also sounds a lot like Christianity. We've got Catholics and Protestants and numerous other branches and churches who follow "altered" interpretations of the bible. To me religions that are followed individually are really good things, it's when there's a mass of people behind them, they start causing the trouble.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo's - as usual

edit on 17-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: yep - more typos - man this keyboard

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Sorry to jump in but that also sounds a lot like Christianity. We've got Catholics and Protestants and numerous other branches and churches who follow "altered" interpretations of the bible. To me religions that are followed individually are really good things, it's when there's a mass of people behind them, they start causing the trouble.

I'm a harsh critic of my own, for the reasons you mention. There is a lot of deception, corruption, hypocrisy, fallacies, etc.

But for me the key difference from the other religions is that Jesus rose from the dead, with plenty of eyewitnesses both hostile and friendly, and fulfilling many prophecies with a significant number of them being impossible for him to have pre-arranged, such as the Roman guards' dividing up his clothes while he hung on the cross. The rest of what I believe flows from that point. As even the NT says, if Christ has not risen from the dead then we who follow him are to be pitied for believing a lie.I've said in other threads here that just as in genetics it's not the similarities that matter but the differences, so it is also with theistic faith, which has moral overlap even with non-theistic faith (yes, even atheists have faith somewhere along the line).

But like everything else in life, good things get overrun by bad people, because the dross always rises to the surface... the control freaks claw their way to the top and take over. But their control and indoctrination is not total, and those who are willing to ask questions and seek answers will escape. This isn't so much a matter of enlightenment as it is of choice; we can't control what life gives us but we can decide how to react to it.

So when either side in this topic makes sweeping generalizations of the other, they're forever going to talk past each other. I point out the ones against Christianity because that's what I know best.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

And that's why I never followed religion at all, for those reasons mentioned in your post. Too much in fighting about who is right, too many bad people taking the supposed word of God/Allah/whoever and distorting it.

Great thing is I have a devout Catholic girlfriend who understands and respects my opinions and beliefs like I do for hers. That's true faith and love for fellow man right there. None of this compartmentalized crap, just "you believe this, I believe that but we still get along just fine".

I don't think any of my Christian friends believe in Rapture though (I'm agnostic by the way)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I'm all for people believing whatever they like as long as it doesn't harm anyone or interferes with what other people believe. If something makes you happy then thats a good thing. What i disagree with is preaching or enforcing belief on others. There's a need to put the information out there but its up to individuals to take it on board or not. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. That counts for both the pro and anti religious camps.

As a civilisation we've realy got to start letting people believe what they like, without pressure to conform. I think the only hope for humanity is to follow that way of thinking.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

He won't return. The bible and it's tales are no more than extended fables and myths.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Well, this is interesting.. Jesus is supposedly coming back with a tattoo on his thigh [you know king of kings lord of lords etc etc.] - maybe the Illuminati card revealing bikers from hell/space destroying buildings has some heh, interesting revelations. Will Jesus Christ return as a hardcore biker boots leather and all? I wonder what kind of thunderous boom machine he'll be riding

edit on 17-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the4thhorseman

Remember Paul was speaking to the Corinthians about a "last trumpet" prior to Johns revelation of the last trumpet.

Precisely, The Revelation of Jesus Christ was penned by John in 95 A.D., over 20 years after Paul mentioned the "last trump" to the Corinthians.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

grin, i hope the 'last Trump' isn't referring to Donald. sorry...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Ok if you are gonna go all multiverse scifi on me, is your god powerful enough to know how each multiverse ends up?
If your god is not that powerful, i suggest you get a bigger god.
If your god does know the outcome of each multiverse, then once again freewill is laughable.

I don't understand why you say that! Knowing something's going to happen is not the same thing

making it happen!

Originally posted by g146541
So if everyone gets redemption, would this apply to kiddie fiddlers/murderers?

Only if they repent and change their ways, obviously!
I know Americans aren't big on the idea that people can change, but yes, they can!

Originally posted by g146541In short if I have to spend the rest of my afterlife with the worlds John Wayne Gacy's and Ted Bundy's just because they may have been able to ask for forgiveness at the last minute,...
I'll take the alternative thank you.

You think you're better than them? You will spend eternity with them only after they have repented and changed, by which time you will have to hope to meet their standards, not they yours.
Your arrogance shows you still have a way to go.
Vicky

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So after the rapture, humanity is going to make some spaceships, and we are going to leave Earth.

You Christians can have it.

(sarcasm people)

Nothing is going to happen...and even if th 0.00001% chance it did, I am going to laugh at the supposedly pure and wonder what skeletons they are hiding.
edit on 17-5-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Royal wedding i dont think is a conspiracy, the fish and birds dieing out of no where is the H.A.A.R.P. But yeah the tornadoes all the F5s and the breakout is crazy

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

edit on 17-5-2011 by awareness10 because: strange double quote happening

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It didnt happen when Blossom Goodchild? last name?, told millions of people online she was in contact with UFO's and their leaders were about to appear around the earth skies, it didnt happen she was crushed and embarrassed over it, everyone was bummed out about it completely. Well, this is kinda like that.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
reply to post by NOTurTypical

grin, i hope the 'last Trump' isn't referring to Donald. sorry...

Oh wow..

lol

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The way I live life, I'm not as worried about old prophesy as I am worried about creating a better life. It's not the end of the world I'm wanting to focus on, I want to focus on the world not ending, the world going on, and becoming something great. That's what I want.

This is the salvation I'm waiting for... I'm longing for mankind to spiritually awaken. When we can communicate with one another, not be at war with one another, help one another, when we can trust one another, embrace one another as friends, and proceed to a brighter future, that is salvation.

Troy
edit on 17-5-2011 by cybertroy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by cybertroy because: word changing

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by Brainiac

The chances of that happening are about equivalant to pigs suddenly learning how to fly...

No reason not to post in this thread.

THE GREAT TEACHER DID RETURN.
HE DID GIVE THE WORLD THE NEW GREAT TEACHING.
I SAW HIM PERSONALLY AND EXPERIENCED HIS SPIRIT BLESSING,(SHAKTIPAT).
HE WAS LOVE AND INFINITY INCARNATE.
HE WAS NOT LACKING.
HE WAS NOT AN OTHER.
THERE IS ONLY GOD.

You missed him then and you will miss him again.
You worship yourself.
Thus you all are blind to truth.

So be it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am both a Christian and a skeptic. However, after reading Camping's 75 page explanation as to how the numbers and Holy Days add up, I can understand why he believes this Saturday is the Judgement Day. Its pretty awesome the way the numbers work out! I dont have the time to read through this whole thread to see if his site is linked, but if any of you have lots of time on your hands (or just start at page 30), you will at least see the time and effort taken to arrive at this date.
Peace!

www.may21-2011.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join