It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

wow, the plans in hell is a joke..cuz simply i don't believe in it

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You havent answered a single on of my points yet.

Al you have done is blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda about the Ad Hominem Issue.

Answer the points I raised please - point by point.

Thank you.

Go back to page 33.

Last three posts on page 33.

You have yet to respond to those posts on page 33, and the subsequent posts on page 34.

Still waiting...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just found your points.

Point 1 ) You " see, the problem is you believe in a very small, impotent God. Your God has the power and technology to create the known universe by a single spoken sentence, yet doesn't have the ability to get a message to us. Your God can harden a Pharaoh's heart and speak His word to Prophets, but cannot inspire men to write what He wants them to.

Get rid of your tiny, impotent idol god "

I believe in a God greater than the petty, spiteful, cruel, murdering Demiurge Jehovah / Yahweh / Allah, the m,urdering genocidal god of the Old Testament who kills the innocent in the name of a 'chosen people' or who validates car bombs in the name of Jihad .

My God is the God that exists in the realm of eternity, as opposed to a tyrant who seeks to keep man enslaved in matter.

My God is the God of the Pleroma - unsullied by blood lust and cruelty, a perfect God who is of love and light - not hate, war, genocide and the cruel slave master of entropy and the slow death of dust and matter.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by simonsayz

Ok. Cool. No problem. I personally don't make jokes about subjects I don't believe in simply out of respect for the people that do, but it's your prerogative, Bobby Brown.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Point 2

" Paul, Peter, and John all destroyed the Gnostic heresy in the first century AD.

Why are you trying to revive a corpse? You're teaching "another gospel" and "another Christ". "

No, they did not 'destroy' the heresy - as it was not a heresy.

The 'heresy' was simply a construction of Constantine, not Christ.

Christ nor God called the Gnostic Texts 'heresies' - Constantine and his lackeys did - and without either Gods or Jesus's authority to do so.

2) The corpse is the lie of the Christian Fundamentalists - the truth is what the Gnostic Gospels gave us.

Now we have the spiritual truth of Christ and the Gnosis to set us free from the lie.

I am teaching that no man nor one book has the authority to speak for Jesus or God - and to assert such a thing is a blasphemy against both.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

I believe in a God greater than the petty, spiteful, cruel, murdering Demiurge Jehovah / Yahweh / Allah, the m,urdering genocidal god of the Old Testament who kills the innocent in the name of a 'chosen people' or who validates car bombs in the name of Jihad .

My God is the God that exists in the realm of eternity, as opposed to a tyrant who seeks to keep man enslaved in matter.

My God is the God of the Pleroma - unsullied by blood lust and cruelty, a perfect God who is of love and light - not hate, war, genocide and the cruel slave master of entropy and the slow death of dust and matter.

I don't care what you want to label your god.

I said he is an idol god because that one doesn't exist.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Point 3

" Wow, you're extremely ignorant to history. The Nicean Council had nothing whatsoever to do with the canon of scripture. The Nicean Council was convened to address the Arian controversy regarding the deity of Christ. The cannon of scripture was long established before the 4th century.

If I were you I'd stop reading Dan Brown books. They are found in the fiction section of the bookstore for a reason. "

The Nicean Council, established by Constantine, was the moment the teachings of Christ were taken control of by the Roman Empire.

At that meeting the first attempts to impose an orthodoxy, a set of regimented beliefs and to establish a structure of herarchical authority were begun.

At this meeting the message of Christ was first surrendered to the dictates of imperal Roman power and its [olitical priorities.

The people at the meeting had no authority from Christ or God to declare any statement or ruling on the status of Christ - they were underling and lackeys of an former Pagan Empreror whose agenda was to create a state religion to control the people of Rome easier.

Christ was not at that meeting to endorse their findings.

The Nicean Council was the first moment when the teachings of the Gnostic Christ, and all the many Christianities that existed at that point, were denied and repressed in the name of politics.

After that the Gnostic texts were burnt on the pain of death.

Those who kept copies of the text were murdered and the texts burnt.

That is not a religion based on the teachings of Christ - that is a religion based on the power of an Emperor.

Dan Brown has nothing to do with anything, apart from the fact idiots believe what he wrote and other idiots use his books to attack those that try and debate the truth about the real hidden history of the Church and the Roam Empire.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Christ nor God called the Gnostic Texts 'heresies' - Constantine and his lackeys did - and without either Gods or Jesus's authority to do so.

Of course Christ didn't call them "heresies", for one the term wasn't used yet, it began with Irenaeus. And for two, the Gnostic texts originated in the 3rd and 4th centuries, hundreds of years after Jesus and the apostles died.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

On what authority do you base that contention ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

So you confirm that men who defined the Gnostic Texts as 'heresies' did do so without the direct authority to do so from Christ - and therefore as men they were flawed creatures who had no divine mandate or authority from God or Christ to do so - other of course than the power of the Emperors sword behind them and the right to kill anyone who dared defy their commands.

Not very Christ like were these early Christians working for the Emperor - more like Imperial storm troopers out of the Star Wars movies.

edit on 13-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The Nicean Council, established by Constantine, was the moment the teachings of Christ were taken control of by the Roman Empire.

No, you're ignorant to history and the Nicean Council.

Constantine only legalized Christianity. His 2nd successor made it the official religion of the Roman Empire.

Gnostic "Gospels"

The Arian Controversey

Nicea Myths: Common Fables About The Council of Nicea and Constantine

Like I said earlier, you're parroting long-debunked internet myths.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I said that the Nicean Council was the moment the Empire and Emperor started to take control of Christianity and to define the basis of what was Roman State Christianity - and the moment it went from being a religion to an aspect of Imperial politics.

Legalisation by Constatine was the moment Christianity became an aspect of Roman politics, not simply about the teachings of Christ.

edit on 13-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

So you confirm that men defined the Gnostic Texts as 'heresies' and not Christ

Of course! They didn't exist at the time of Christ. They were created in the 3rd and 4th centuries AD and given names of long-dead apostles to try and make them seem legitimate. Justin Martyr was the first to mix Gnosticism with Christianity. It's simply a repackaging of Greek Hellenistic and Egyptian philosophy and mysticism and given a Christian flair.

The Gnostic Gospels

edit on 13-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
I said that the Nicean Council was the moment the Empire and Emperor started to take control of Christianity and to define the basis of what was Roman State Christianity - and the moment oit went from being a religion to an aspect of Imperial politics.

Nope that is an internet myth. Constantine only LEGALIZED Christianity.

It wasn't until his 2nd successor that Christianity was made the official stare religion of Rome.

The Nicean Council didn't have anything to do with the cannon of scripture, it was convened to settle the Arian Controversy.

edit on 13-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
" Of course! They didn't exist at the time of Christ. They were created in the 3rd and 4th centuries AD and given names of long-dead apostles to try and make them seem legitimate. Origen was the first to mix Gnosticism with Christianity. It's simply a repackaging of Greek Hellenistic and Egyptian philosophy and mysticism and given a Christian flair. "

Oh come on - to attack the Gnostic Gospels as somehow less trustworthy as the Bible as they were not written at the time of Christ, is to attack the Bible itself as it was not written at the time of Christ.

The fact is that much of the Gnostic Gospels were written at the time of Christ and taught and passed down as teachings until they were written down.

The original copies of the Gnostic Texts were destroyed by the Church during the early AD centuries under pain of death of possessing them - hence the opriginal copies written at Christs time would have been destroyed.

We are lucky to have any copies left at all after the fascistic book burning of the early Church.

We do not know the origins of the earliest Gnostic texts, but many of them were written by the disciples of Christ and contain verbatim transcripts of Christs teachings - which make them as real and truthful as much of the Bible.

As for the Greek / Egyptian. Hellenic teachings - those were the teachings of Christ, a man whose spiritual wisdom encompased all the mystery traditions of the time - and which he learnt during the period of his dissapearfance from the Bible texts from the age of 12 - 30 when he travelled to Egypt, India and Britain to learn from the wisest teachers of the time.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Nope that is an internet myth. Constantine only LEGALIZED Christianity.

It wasn't until his 2nd successor that Christianity was made the official stare religion of Rome.

The Nicean Council didn't have anything to do with the cannon of scripture, it was convened to settle the Arian Controversy

The Nicean Council made rulings on the Arian controversy, that was an attempt to impose an orthodoxy under the control of the state on the heterogenous teachings of early Christianity.

That was the first stage of 'Romanizing' early Christianity and to impose an elite hierarchy appointed by the Emperor to decide what was christian or not.

Jesus did not appoint the people at the Nicean Council - the Emperor did.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

i used to "respect" like how you are doing
but i got to a point where i believe that if you are really educated and think LOGICALLY, i don't get how people believe in a story told thousands years ago

i mean i debated with a lot of christians and they all give me the weirdest answers when i go along with their stories and then ask them questions

thats the turning point for me...when it comes to God, logic gets thrown out of the window

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonsayz i don't get how people believe in a story told thousands years ago

i mean i debated with a lot of christians and they all give me the weirdest answers when i go along with their stories and then ask them questions

thats the turning point for me...when it comes to God, logic gets thrown out of the window

I know the feeling. I don't get how people believe stories made up a hundred years ago about one-off events a bazillion years ago happened. I've debated a lot of them and they too give me the most laughable responses when I go along with their "just so" stories and ask them questions.

People are funny.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ooops, chased another rabbit. But there are so many of them, and they're so cute and fluffy!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I am still here.

Waiting for you to answer my points.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join