It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yes, He did, it says so plainly in the text. He dictates to the apostle John what he wants Him to write to the angels of the 7 churches.

It's their "report card" from Him.

You're flat out wrong on virtually everything you claim. Where the Hell did you get your Theology and History from?

1) So you use the Bible, which was not written by Jesus nor authenticated by either Jesus or God, as the basis of your assertion.

That is called circular logic.

Now show me proof that Jesus wrote those letters from outside the Bible

2) now stop the Ad Hominem attacks by saying ' your flat out wrong on virtually everything you claim' and show me the proof I am wrong please.

Thank you.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Whoa there cowboy. I just stepped into this. I just see you saying that you can't base anything off the Bible because it's the "unauthorized copy".

I didn't say anything previously.

I just want to know where you get your stuff. What are your sources?

Gracias

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i've said this a million times to the non-believers just to make sure they don't get sucked into this whole christian bs

if hell does exist, think of all the sex and party down there
no diseases, you are dead anyways

drink all you want

heaven = boring, same old #... that itself becomes worse than hell

think about being stuck there doing nothing but admiring God all day/night long for eternity

and christians, look up all the origin of the story..it's originated from Egypt
stories from astrology

this Son you mention is just our Sun
dying and coming back 3 days just means the winter solstice

people take the story way too seriously

until then...i say believe in Superman instead, he's much cooler and if they were to fight
Superman will beat Jesus before he can say his own name

Christ can't and won't return because he never existed

there are people who said to me

there are scientific proof that he existed, i asked them where...no response

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So, is there any proof of people trying to setup a rapture event? if it would happen, I guess we are at high risk for being targetted?
If the "real christ" would return I think we're definitely in for a surprise. Any ideas on how it would look?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Actually its a classic Ad Hominem attack, as it is based on asserting that I am 'ignorant' in order to attack me instead of attacking my argument.

No, it's not. A basic course in debate would tell you that. If you display ignorance to a certain topic it's relevant to say you're ignorant to said topic.

"Ignorant" has nothing to do with intelligence.

You are in no position to assess my 'ignorance' or intelligence - you do not know me.

I don't have to know you personally to assess your ignorance to a particular subject, your knowledge of said subject is on display when you post of said subject. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, no one however, is entitled to their own facts.

Secondly, ignorance has nothing to do with intelligence.

I could be the Pope for all you know.

You could be, it would still be irrelevant. Even if you were the Pope and used that for an argument you'd be committing a fallacy, "Appeal to Authority".

In fact I am very well learned on the subject, as I will prove when you ever answer or seek to rebut my points.

No, you're not at all well learned on this subject or church history. You are recycling arguments that have long been debunked. Especially the Nicean Council myths.

I've rebutted your posts since two pages back, and so far you've refused to address those rebuttals.

edit on 13-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Whoa there cowboy. I just stepped into this. I just see you saying that you can't base anything off the Bible because it's the "unauthorized copy".

I didn't say anything previously.

I just want to know where you get your stuff. What are your sources?

Gracias

What I am saying is that any statements / declarations concerning the express will of God / Jesus by any individual based on Bibilical text are merely subjective man made interpretation of a man made text produced for a specific purpose by a Roman Emperor, Constantine, for his purposes and not those of Jesus Christ or god.

And further, that as Jesus did not authenticate the Bible and what is in it, and nor has god ever brought down his burning finger and anointed the Bible as the divine truth of his word, that to assert it is the express word of God or Jesus is not just wrong - it is blasphemous.

Man made the Bible.

Man is not God.

Nor did Jesus write / authenticate the Bible.

Men did.

And even worse than that - the so called 'priest' underlings of a roman emperor, Constatine, who had not been appointed byJesus or god to speak in their names, created the Bible for the aim of Constantines plan to centralise state and religious power around him.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you and the other guy ever going to answer my points, or deflect the thread by banging on about Ad Hominem attacks ?

Lets move on shall we ?

Answer my points please.

Thank you.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by simonsayz

I have no idea where you get your concepts of what God's punishments are supposed to be, but the "partying with the sinners instead of crying with the saints" isn't founded on the Bible OR ANY OTHER WORKS. Dante's Inferno? No. Paradise Lost? No

If Hell is God's punishment...that's what it is. It's not $1 shots of tequilla and karaoke.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by martiendejong2

Throughout history a million fanatic have prophecised a day and date for the 'rapture' and it never happened.

Why ?

Because they base their dates on the Bible, a book written by men.

They seek truth in the bible instead of in the spirit or via direct communion with God or Jesus in prayer.

Therefore they find only the truth they are looking for - which is not the truth.
edit on 13-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Hell is the world of hate, war and religious intolerance that the followers of all religions have created for us.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

First. Please stop copying and pasting your same response over and over. I've read it. I get it. Fine.

Second. Let's call the Bible trash. Ok?

Now. Where do we start? Where is the 100% Totally Authorized Biography of Jesus?

Thanks again.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

cuz im not getting my concept from it...the bible is just a damn story

i can get a whole group of people writing up a "bible" with more realistic and logical story and not put our names on it. Start passing it out to everyone, im sure as hell you won't believe it cuz you would simply believe it is a story

If the creators of Superman didn't put their names on it and superman has way more stories than Jesus
would you believe there was a man whole flew in red underwear on the outside with a cape and a Big S on his chest? but he died of a green gem, but people believed he will come back resurrected

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This thread is not about whether the Bible is the Word of God, but about whether the Bible teaches that you can know the day or hour of Jesus' return, and the larger question of the implications of that return. Yes, we need to get back on track and not chase the rabbit trails by those who want to change this into just another Bible-bash party. I didn't intend to chase it for long but shouldn't have chased it at all, sorry OP. :-)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
First. Please stop copying and pasting your same response over and over. I've read it. I get it. Fine.

Second. Let's call the Bible trash. Ok?

Now. Where do we start? Where is the 100% Totally Authorized Biography of Jesus?

Thanks again.

1) I havent copied and pasted anything, take a read - I have written new points each time in a slightly different way, specifically so that you and the others may be able to understand them and hence answer them.

2) I have never called the Bible Trash - you did.

First of all saying that reveals you are very childish, so stop it and grow up.

Secondly - the Bible has a use - which is allow people access to the basics of Christianity and also for the sheer beauty of much its content - which as the Gnostic Gospels show us a lot of which are based on the life of Jesus.

The problem is that the Christian Fundamentalists do not allow the Gnostic Gospels, which are backed up by sections of the Bible, to be regarded as the teachings of Christ.

The Bible is the starting point for faith - it is not the destination.

The path of faith must lead to the awakening of the spirit - not just daily devotions or mere obedience to the Bible and its texts that do not open the soul and spirit up to the presence of Christ within.

3) You want to know Jesus.

Read the Bible and read all the Gnostic Gospels - then when Christ awakens in you, you can welcome Christ.

Christ awaits within you, not in a book - the book is the first step to the salvation of the self via Christ.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by simonsayz

Then I don't understand what you're saying. You tell me your plans for your time in Hell, but you say it's all a story.

So do you think this is a fan-fiction thread?

I think there are other sites for that.

Personally, I am one of Lex Luthor's minions.

link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Are you and the other guy ever going to answer my points, or deflect the thread by banging on about Ad Hominem attacks ?

Lets move on shall we ?

Answer my points please.

Thank you.

I've been responding to them since PAGE 33.

You've refused to address my responses.

link   
This thread is not about whether the Bible is the Word of God, but about whether the Bible teaches that you can know the day or hour of Jesus' return, and the larger question of the implications of that return. Yes, we need to get back on track and not chase the rabbit trails by those who want to change this into just another Bible-bash party. I didn't intend to chase it for long but shouldn't have chased it at all, sorry OP. :-)

1) I have stated that the Bible cannot tell you when the day of Jesus's return - and if it did it would be a lie.

Jesus is within us all, as Jesus taught in the Gnostic Gospels.

Jesus never died.

You think he did on the cross.

He didnt.

Jesus can never die - he is alive within us all.

2) I have askeds you to refutse point by point the points I raised earlier as regards the basis of scruptural authority - you still havent done that.

3) Do not accuse me of being a 'bible basher' that is another Ad Hominem attack and totally wrong.

4) Answer the points.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Then I don't understand what you're saying. You tell me your plans for your time in Hell, but you say it's all a story.

So do you think this is a fan-fiction thread?

I think there are other sites for that.

Personally, I am one of Lex Luthor's minions.

I am saying that Hell is created by religions who speak in the name of God / Jesus / Allah / Mohammed/ etc etc etc not after death, but in this world.

FAN FICTION = ?

Lex Luther ? = relevance ?

So you seem to think the Bible is akin to a comic - is that correct ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You havent answered a single on of my points yet.

Al you have done is blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda about the Ad Hominem Issue.

Answer the points I raised please - point by point.

Thank you.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That wasn't addressed to you. You need to chill.

Really.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join