It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by believer74

"Why didn't you let my sister experience life instead of giving her the bone disorder that killed her at three weeks old?..( for you christians.. three weeks of life isn't experiencing it and it didn't happen for a reason).. why have you let so many die in your fathers name?.. why did you let my grandparents die before they saw their first great-grandson?.. ok so that's more than one question but hey..

What has happened to you or members of your family as a result of those experiences? I believe that everything happens for a reason, it may just be hard to see that reason when you are in the middle of it. I believe that souls have a full awareness of their multidimensionality and that they choose their next life and experiences while they have full access to all of the information. This also deals with the idea of reincarnation (which Christians deny vehemently but there is some evidence in the Apocryphal books that Jesus believed in it.) Nobody really dies, they just transform. In other words, at a soul level, your sister wasn't the victim of a cruel God, she choose that experience prior to incarnation for whatever reason souls choose anything. I'm sure that you won't hear what I've said or won't believe it, but that doesn't negate its truth.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It will mean # just got real.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardyWhite
This family radio group has literally spent MILLIONS advertising this date!!! Billboards all around the world... Several CARAVANS of vehicles travelling around the US... People have been donating money! It's all a little bit peculiar.

I'm not really into any of the religions exclusively, but any Christian worth their weight, knows that it says in the bible

No man will know the hour.
He will come like a thief in the night.

So how exactly are these folks putting this front up? Or more importantly, why?

They really believe that - Divine Intervention - will arrive on Earth May 21, 2011.
You know, it has happened before. Parting of the Red Sea - The Plagues of Egypt
Noahs Ark - The Flood

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Maybe Jesus will rise from the dead....

Maybe Osama Bin Forgotten will leave his vacation in the Cayman Islands with Dick Cheney and rise up to become the new world Leader.

(I don't think that guy was killed).

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

This family radio group has literally spent MILLIONS advertising this date!!! Billboards all around the world... Several CARAVANS of vehicles travelling around the US... People have been donating money! It's all a little bit peculiar.

I'm not really into any of the religions exclusively, but any Christian worth their weight, knows that it says in the bible

They really believe that - Divine Intervention - will arrive on Earth May 21, 2011.
Noahs Ark - The Flood

I think they are claiming that The Rapture will happen on the 21st, which is good for me since thats the day my family and I arrive at Disney World. Less people means shorter lines.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Correct no man knows the hour..man is only given signs through the world around us.

Matthew 24:6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

Luke 21:9When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.”

10Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

We just don't know. Besides the fact that actual date setting is wrong. They also gotten the timing wrong till the end October 2011. After the rapture there will be a seven year tribulation some say 3 years either way its not going to be good.

Rev 11:2But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. 5If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Huffington just did an article on why May 21st can't be the end. My favorite was "Kanye West will interrupt Jesus"

Linky

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't have much time, but would like to inject one quick thought.

I have read here and on other forums about how the recent surge in alien movies is supposed to prepare us in advance of the disclosure of aliens being among us.

In one of the Bible passages quoted in this prophese it speaks of the dead rising from the graves and only "those
who died in Christ will go into the air to meet Him." The others are to be left on earth to roam as their punishment.

Could all the "zombie movies" of the past several years have been made to prepare us for this event?
Will all the dead who do not go up in the rapture be left here as zombies, and will they feed on the flesh of the living?

Just a thought!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

I'd say thats a safe bet. Aim for the head, my friend.

And remember, Jesus, having already risen from the dead, will be the leader of them all.
edit on 5/12/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We are getting a large number of zombie movies and tv shows because they are making money. If they stop making money, we'll stop seeing them.

If May 21st is the date of The Rapture (which...come on...it's not) then I'll be among those left behind to pick up the pieces of the devastation caused by the event. Thanks for nothing!
edit on 12-5-2011 by LazerTron because: clarification

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If The Rapture doesn't happen, or if Jesus doesn't come back on the 21st, can I sue This Family Radio group for false advetisement? Can they be punished legally for causing a public panic?

Likewise, if The Rapture does happen and I'm not one of the ones taken, can I sue god for discrimination? What if god takes a disproportionate number of whites to blacks. Will the ACLU and NAACP fight for affirmative action? If Jesus comes back, will we need to see a birth certificate?

These are all valid questions.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by zptramel
im guessing...no wait prophesying that on dec 20 2012 there will be alot of drug overdoses....alot

Really not funny if you think about it.

edit on 5/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

what a sad day when people forget what sarcasm is...
seriously, every comment i say on ats with a hint of sarcasm turns into me being the bad guy...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Nope...when May 21st comes and goes without a Rapture, the explanation will be simple: "God, in his loving grace, has blessed us with more time to fix our heathen ways, and help our loved ones come to the Lord. The fact that The Rapture did not happen is PROOF of God's love!"

I bet my explanation is pretty close to what we'll actually see...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Noahs Ark - The Flood

I think they are claiming that The Rapture will happen on the 21st, which is good for me since thats the day my family and I arrive at Disney World. Less people means shorter lines.

i havent giggled so hard in along time!
tell me friend...where do you live; so i can remove you from your native lands and add you to my collection of "beautiful people around the world that make life meaningful for me and my cats"

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This post is under the assumption that the "christian" version of the end of days is the correct one.

I look at it this way. Arguments like this are a paradox to me.

1. No one can no the date and time but the father.
+
2. World population grows exponentially
+
3. At least one person at any given time thinks he/she/it knows what date the world will end.
=
4. The world will never end*

I don't mean to sound cynical, but I don't think christ is "coming back" until no one believes in him. or it. whatever.

*Ok, comets and nuclear hell are very valid arguments, way to one-up me.
edit on 12-5-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by GringoViejo because: I can be mean

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

The 144,000 you refer to are Jews who are sealed by(or receive thespecial protectionof) God. This happens after the rapture. The 144,000 will preach to those Jews who, since they have not accepted Christ, missed the rapture. Revelation, chapter 7 is a good place to start, but it is not the only place in the bible that this group is mentioned.
Today, reading this post, is the first time I've ever heard of this nut job.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't know why but this May 21 thing really bothers me. While I'm sure nothing Biblical will happen, I'm not so sure that nothing will happen. I mean really, usually groups like this aren't able to spread their message world wide - so someone wealthy and important enough to get their message everywhere might be funding them, and they've had a lot said about them in the media. Plus this is the first time I've personally run into several people that seem to actually buy this doomsday theory, and I'm not in a major city. So what's the big point behind this?

Then again, maybe nothing all that suspicious is going on and Family Radio can afford to fund this themselves and they're just using it as a massive advertising scheme to increase their revenue.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Hastings101 because: Added, fixed typos

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That day I'm making a End of the days BBQ, who is in?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm more worried that the NWO will use the opportunity for a false flag attack.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Just found an interesting link, someone mentioned the NLE 11 coinciding with this so I found the pdf explaining what exactly they are going to do starting may 16th.

Its an interesting read.

NLE 11

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join