It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlitosAmsel
What is wromg with you bible people? Have you all been brainwashed by to much sunday school? There is no Jesus coming, there are no ET's coming along, taking away the "good ones" and leaving behind "the bad ones". Is'nt God all forgiving? How could he make a differnece between "the good ones" and the "Bad ones"? That is all just human BS. "Let US have it all, and F*ck the rest". Comon, in what kind of Gods do you believe in? In mafioso Gods? And there are no ET's coming either. That believe is nothing more then a modern appendix of the believe in the coming of "The Lord". Do you want me to proof it to you? Well, come back down to earth, be my guest, and take a good hard look around...-
edit on 10-5-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

What is a "Bible Person" exactly?

A person that reads a book, someone that believes in something oh the Audacity!
That is a stereo type...

There is no Jesus coming - are you sure about that?

there are no ET's coming along - how do you know this?

"Let US have it all, and F*ck the rest" - says who? the Elite? Well they are not Christians for one. There are devils disguised as Christians, as well as Muslims, Jews ect. A Christian is someone who follows Christ teaching, love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek, forgiveness. Is that so bad? That characterization of so many individuals you make does not sound like the "Let US have it all, and F*ck the rest" crowd. That is not a Christian. So clearly you are lost.

We are all different individuals we do not think the same. Us "bible" people that is.

The people on this Christian witch hunt need to re evaluate what they are, who they are talking about. What they fail to understand and get the big picture. If Christians are right, or if the Bible is correct the Devil is real and the Devil wants to turn people against Christians and all other people. And from what I can tell he is doing a damn good job of it. These people with such intolerance and hate wont identify Christians because thats the way the Devil wants it.

And real Christians don't Judge, they do not impose their beliefs on others. They have a personal relationship with Jesus. Ans so can anyone else who accepts Jesus in to their life. You need not be holier than thou to be a Christian, we are imperfect sinners and that is expected. Thats why Jesus died for you.

I dont take everything in the bible literally, it is a history book. Written by men based on true stories. Everyone has their interpretation of what it says. I believe in the basic fundamentals of it. But im not one of these more extreme types that say ":Jesus would think that is wrong" or "Jesus says you/can cant" they tend to abuse Christ's word for self gain. I need no middle man to have a relationship with my higher power. I use to be an Athiest for some time and was caught in the same way of thinking like the nay sayers. I realised there are good people that i has misjudged all christians, it was not my place to judge. That is up to GOD.

Why worry what other people believe i mean really? The only way they will believe is to open themself to Jesus, it does not take a preacher to submit to God. That is not how it works. It is so easy even a cave man can do it.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

What if Christ does return ??

...then i guess we've all got some explaining to do .!!

Cosmic...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

What is wromg with you bible people? Have you all been brainwashed by to much sunday school? There is no Jesus coming, there are no ET's coming along, taking away the "good ones" and leaving behind "the bad ones". Is'nt God all forgiving? How could he make a differnece between "the good ones" and the "Bad ones"? That is all just human BS. "Let US have it all, and F*ck the rest". Comon, in what kind of Gods do you believe in? In mafioso Gods? And there are no ET's coming either. That believe is nothing more then a modern appendix of the believe in the coming of "The Lord". Do you want me to proof it to you? Well, come back down to earth, be my guest, and take a good hard look around...-

What is a "Bible Person" exactly?

A person that reads a book, someone that believes in something oh the Audacity!
That is a stereo type...

There is no Jesus coming - are you sure about that?

there are no ET's coming along - how do you know this?

"Let US have it all, and F*ck the rest" - says who? the Elite? Well they are not Christians for one. There are devils disguised as Christians, as well as Muslims, Jews ect. A Christian is someone who follows Christ teaching, love they neighbor, turn the other cheek, forgiveness. That does not sound like the "Let US have it all, and F*ck the rest" crowd. That is not a Christian. So clearly you are lost.

The people on this Christian witch hunt need to re evaluate what they are, who they are talking about. What they fail to understand and get the big picture. If Christians are right, or if the Bible is correct the Devil is real and the Devil wants to turn people against Christians and all other people. And from what I can tell he is doing a damn good job of it. These people with such intolerance and hate wont identify Christians because thats the way the Devil wants it.

And real Christians don't Judge, they do not impose their beliefs on others. They have a personal relationship with Jesus. Ans so can anyone else who accepts Jesus in to their life. You need not be holier than thou to be a Christian, we are imperfect sinners and that is expected. Thats why Jesus died for you.

A "bible person" axactly, is someone who always uses sentences out of the bible while talking about subjects, who believes, the bible is the word of God, someone who always talks about the bible etc etc. That, exactly, is a "bible person".
I dont know, if there are ET's coming. Essentially, we know nothing. Thats about all we know. But why should ET's come? Because Jesus does'nt? Both, is nothing more then freaky believes, and maybe wishfull thinking, born out of wrath against others, who wont be "taking away", who will be "left behind". I think, the coming of ET's is just as improbable as the coming of Christ.
There is no Jesus coming? Am I sure about that`I am just as sure about it as believers are who believe, Christ is coming. But I have history and common sense on my side, because we know that nothing like that ever happend.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If so:
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You just asked me what a "bible person" is? Look at the above post. Its written by one.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstoneYou missed my earlier posts.. Not everyone who doesn't share your perspectives is an 'anti-Christian'! 'Non-Christian' would be a much softer choice of words.

It was a general observation, aimed at the ones who mock. If you weren't mocking then it wasn't aimed at you. "Non-Christian" could refer to theists of other religions, and the self-proclaimed atheists here in this thread have been anything but neutral. So I stand by what I said.

I kind of believe in 'God', but I find organised religion expects you to take too much for granted. You must go along with everything you're told, or go to hell. No questions, if it doesn't seem rational too bad. And there's a lot of stories and ideas in them that I take issue with, both factually and logically.

My blog is filled (and a book written) on the fact that organized religion is nothing close to what Jesus came to establish. And he explained the very blueprint of the "church" to, of all people, a Samaritan woman: "neither here nor in Jerusalem but in spirit and truth"-- meaning not a building or a temple, but that we ourselves would become the Temple, as Paul later explained. It was never to have a chain of command but to be like a body: one substance with many parts, each helping the other. We can't "go to church" because we ARE the "church". I was a churchgoer for the first 47 years of my life, and a faithful one, being very active and involved. But studying the scriptures got me out; it wasn't easy either. Now I am free, to walk with God and talk with him any time, any place, and no one can stop me or tell me I'm doing it wrong. It's a life, a relationship, a bonding. And I don't look down on those still in what I call The Institution, because I was there for most of my life. I just live the example and write in my blog, trusting the Spirit to use it to help others.

As for "believe in God or die", this is a common objection that ignores the larger picture, one that would take another book to paint. So I can only relay the briefest summary here. It is my understanding that the ANE view of death was the idea of separation, not annihilation. Physically, death is when the spirit is separated from the body, and spiritually, death is when the person is separated from God. Just as in any human relationship, you "separate" from those with whom you have, as the saying goes, "irreconcilable differences". This is "spiritual death", and I hold this view in spite of the vast majority of Christians believing it means we have inherited some kind of spiritual disease from Adam.

So when people die physically, the person's spirit goes either to be with God or to be away from God; there can be no other choice. The purpose of this life is to make that decision (and I believe that babies and others who are incapable of grasping the concept of accepting or rejecting God will be taken to heaven), and it must be made freely. (The explanation for why this life is so messed up is another topic, but it stems from free will.) The reason "away from God" is so bad is because all that is good comes from God. And what difficult thing has God demanded from us anyway, that we should complain about the choices? He became one of us, lived the perfect life we couldn't live, died for us (several reasons, and another of my books), and rose from the dead. As Jesus himself put it, if people won't believe the scriptures, they won't believe even if someone rises from the dead. If the evidence for his resurrection does not convince you, then you want the impossible.

Fact and logic are filtered through our worldviews, but I think we can all agree that it would be impossible to conduct trials in courts of law without accepted principles of legal evidence and cross-examination. I and many others, including the famous Simon Greenleaf of Harvard, have put Jesus' resurrection on trial so to speak and found him and the scriptures "cleared of all charges". Details of my personal rebuttals to the "prosecution" span many articles in my blog. Again, this isn't the place for hashing out the details, so I'm only touching on key points in conveying my position.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You just asked me what a "bible person" is? Look at the above post. Its written by one.

You are silly, again you fail to get the point. I hope you let go of your biggotry and ignorance. Maybe you will figure it out one day. Like i said you have to do the work yourself. I was very stubborn as well at a time. I had to find my way and let go of my judgement of other people, characterization, disliking Christians for no real reason. Not me or any other man can make you accept Jesus, but when in need all you have to do is ask Jesus for help. He will be there.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't believe anything will happen that day but my cousin getting married.

I read on here somewhere a while back that that day there will be some religious type movie coming out and that is what I think this is all about....

It's a marketing scheme and people seem to be falling for it hook, line and sinker!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i predict that christ will not return on may 21, 2011

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

Great post I agree 100% and could not have said it better myself. And some good points. I need not a building/church to prey.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

I like your comment, Two thumbs waaay up :-)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
These Jesus believers are kind of bothersome, are'nt they?
No matte which way one turns, they just cant stop bothering one with their Jesus crap. Its awfull.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by terilynn
reply to post by the4thhorseman

It is true... The Cainites are decendents of Cain Satans seed.

Satan did not have sex with Eve. Cain is not listed in the genealogy of Adam because Cain gave up his birth right after killing Abel. Gen 4.

1 John3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Verses as above do not prove that the devil has children. It is only a reference as those who believe in God are children of God and who do not well are not. It is a descriptive.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

My blog is filled (and a book written) on the fact that organized religion is nothing close to what Jesus came to establish.

Then why defend it in the first place? You can pick and choose which details you feel are relevant but where do you draw the line and say 'hey I'm not actually strictly speaking a Christian'.

So when people die physically, the person's spirit goes either to be with God or to be away from God; there can be no other choice. The purpose of this life is to make that decision (and I believe that babies and others who are incapable of grasping the concept of accepting or rejecting God will be taken to heaven), and it must be made freely. (The explanation for why this life is so messed up is another topic, but it stems from free will.)

What of those who are fully capable of grasping the concept of accepting/rejecting God, but do not feel it is personally relevant to them? Many non-beleivers still live as kind, honest people. Plus I doubt that free will is why this life is so messed up. Perhaps the existence of the ego is why we're so messed up, but certainly not the capacity to satisfy that ego through freedom of thought.

He became one of us, lived the perfect life we couldn't live, died for us (several reasons, and another of my books), and rose from the dead. As Jesus himself put it, if people won't believe the scriptures, they won't believe even if someone rises from the dead. If the evidence for his resurrection does not convince you, then you want the impossible.

What evidence for his resurrection? I'd consider a vision, or personal experience enough but all I've ever heard about religion is people telling me the same stories over and over and telling me not to question it - that doesn't constitute evidence for me. This is another way of disregarding anyone who debates the official line.

Where did this rhetoric about 'he became one of us, lived the perfect life we couldn't live' come from? A book? How can anyone be expected to believe the scriptures when there's very little material evidence supporting it? Should humans simply go around believing everything they read? As I wrote to someone else - I don't see how he died for me, I wasn't born. Sure, I see the merit in someone living their life the way he did but others such as Ghandi have also lived incredible lives. Yet, he's shunned by the religious community for being a Hindu - a religion most monotheists are largely ignorant about.

I'm not saying that everything (both within and without this dimension) can be proven with hard evidence, but rational thought and experience must pick up any slack left by a void of proof. I do not feel that this is the case. I'm not certain (correct me if I'm wrong) but Jesus never said 'I am dying for your sins', did he? So who is to say that he did? Seems to me more like an idea thats gained momentum over time as it is increasingly repeated. I think his words and lifestyle are more important than what his name was.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Glenn Beck has also been on this talking point or "revelation"....

2nd...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Very good post. I would like to add how ever that going to a church house or a place of worship is not a bad thing in general. It is however wrong to assume that the man behind the pulpit is always right. We are to study on our own test the spirits and divide the word of truth.

Hebrews 10:19Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Also found in the same chapter and many other books that there is an total death away from God
26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.
edit on 10-5-2011 by the4thhorseman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone

What of those who are fully capable of grasping the concept of accepting/rejecting God, but do not feel it is personally relevant to them? Many non-beleivers still live as kind, honest people.

I wish it was so, I really do. But sadly works alone will not save us.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

If one chooses to try to lead a good life with out accepting Jesus as your redeemer. You are judged by the law if you break one of the laws you are seen as a law breaker that is breaking all of the laws.

James 2:8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.
12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

These Jesus believers are kind of bothersome, are'nt they?
No matte which way one turns, they just cant stop bothering one with their Jesus crap. Its awfull.

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brothers eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ˜Let me take the speck out of your eye, and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brothers eye. Matthew 7:1-6

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone
Then why defend it in the first place? You can pick and choose which details you feel are relevant but where do you draw the line and say 'hey I'm not actually strictly speaking a Christian'.

Defend what, exactly? I'm defending my personal faith, not The Institution. And do you not also pick and choose details you feel are relevant for various things you believe? It's called discernment or wisdom, as opposed to blindly swallowing what others try to feed you. I read the Bible myself, I consider the interpretations of others, and I debate the issues among both believers and unbelievers. If you DON'T do similar things to determine what you believe, then you're not thinking but only reacting.

What of those who are fully capable of grasping the concept of accepting/rejecting God, but do not feel it is personally relevant to them? Many non-beleivers still live as kind, honest people. Plus I doubt that free will is why this life is so messed up. Perhaps the existence of the ego is why we're so messed up, but certainly not the capacity to satisfy that ego through freedom of thought.

They are making a choice. This isn't about how good we are, but about who God is. Of course we're supposed to be good; as Paul stated, "We have died to sin, how can we live in it any longer?" But good deeds can be done by anyone. And just as with genetics, it isn't the similarities that matter, it's the differences. The Christian believes that Jesus is God in the flesh who rose from the dead, and acknowledges that he is God and we're not. I think it boils down to being humble before God, and pride is a very stubborn weed to pull.

What evidence for his resurrection? I'd consider a vision, or personal experience enough but all I've ever heard about religion is people telling me the same stories over and over and telling me not to question it - that doesn't constitute evidence for me. This is another way of disregarding anyone who debates the official line.

Eyewitness testimony, as any court of law would accept. I mentioned Simon Greenleaf, who is called the "father of modern law", and you can read his "Testimony of the Evangelists" here: link (hope I did the BBcode right for that). There are many who accept things blindly, but I'm not one of them, and this work by Greenleaf is only one of the sources I point to.

Where did this rhetoric about 'he became one of us, lived the perfect life we couldn't live' come from? A book?

Um, yeah... the one God wrote, the one people ignore when they demand God tell us what's going on, the one they claim is filled with fairy tales-- that damn the very people who allegedly made them up! (Who writes a fable that condemns the writer as the villain for telling colossal lies?)

How can anyone be expected to believe the scriptures when there's very little material evidence supporting it?

How can people make such blanket assertions when there is so much textual and archaeological support, beyond that which exists for other writings of the era? Do you believe there was ever a Plato? On the basis of what evidence exactly? (If you say, "well, there's secular support", then you have to explain why only the secular is to be trusted, etc.)

Should humans simply go around believing everything they read? As I wrote to someone else - I don't see how he died for me, I wasn't born. Sure, I see the merit in someone living their life the way he did but others such as Ghandi have also lived incredible lives. Yet, he's shunned by the religious community for being a Hindu - a religion most monotheists are largely ignorant about.

Do you think I just believe whatever people tell me? Nobody told me to question "going to church". And how would you ever get criminals convicted if you demand to be the personal eyewitness of every crime before you'll believe it? Does the testimony of others not matter? I've never actually seen Pluto but I believe it's out there, does that make me gullible? Also, did Ghandi rise from the dead, or did anyone even try to claim he did?

I'm not saying that everything (both within and without this dimension) can be proven with hard evidence,

That's good to know, but I hope you apply it consistently, and make the same demands of other ancient writings that you make of the Bible.

I'm not certain (correct me if I'm wrong) but Jesus never said 'I am dying for your sins', did he? So who is to say that he did? Seems to me more like an idea thats gained momentum over time as it is increasingly repeated. I think his words and lifestyle are more important than what his name was.

It's great that you have some positive opinions about Jesus, but how can you be so sure about them when you doubt everything else and demand proof for ideas about Jesus you personally don't like? As C. S. Lewis put it, Jesus had to be one of three things: a liar, a lunatic, or Lord. He either knew he was telling fables (which makes him "not good"), or he really believed what he said but it was untrue (madness is another thing that is "not good"), or he really was God. Some respond that Jesus never claimed to be God, but I've shown otherwise in my blog and can try and look up the link again if you want.

As for dying for sins, here's a few quick references:

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

But I'm curious... as one purporting to know so much about Jesus, how did you not know these quotes existed?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There's no "if" - There's no Jesus Christ, no second coming and nothing is going to happen.

I'll never understand why people who proclaim to believe in peace are love are so eager to see death, destruction and the end of the world to come so imminently.
Quite frankly it's creepy, and I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day explaining why this apparent contradiction is so prevalent in "peace loving" people.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join