It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Better hope there are no TSA agents on his chariot of fire.

Seriously though...anyone ever wonder exactly how many folks get into this after party? There have been, I don't know, tens of billions of people born and then died over the last 2000 and 11 years. Exactly how much room is on this chariot?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

The Bible say's, "no man knows the day or hour". Nothing about, "predict". I could "say" it's going rain tomorrow in Phoenix and eventually, I'll be right, that doesn't mean I predicted it, and it doesn't mean I "knew" that it would rain. I simple made a statement that eventually came true.

Honestly, if you don't understand the difference, you shouldn't be misquoting the Bible.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Depends on who Christ might actually be. If there really was a Christ.

There is no way I believe man's religious version.

More likely a being from a more evolved off-planet race. Possibly involved in the creation of humans.

The concept from the Terra Papers still makes the most sense to me - - - even if not 100% accurate.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos
So the whole "Thessalonians 5:2-4 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night" is encrypted code for May 21, 2011?

If he comes to America he better have his long form BC and packing heat.
edit on 9-5-2011 by LosLobos because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I think having a tour date is counter to the "thief in the night" assertion.

Also, I don't think a dude who can walk on water and rise from the dead is going to need to pack any heat.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
As a Christian, I really don't care. I'm good with it and at peace with God. And if I'm wrong, (which I'm not), and there is no God or Jesus Christ, I'l have lost nothing. But, if I'm right (and I am), you atheists are going to be s*itting yourselves big time. It give me peace of mind just knowing what will come to pass.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

I just really understood the died for our sins thing. He died so he could be resurrected in front of his disciples. They witnessed this event and concluded God must be real. Therefore, go out and spread the word of the Lord.

I just got that this year actually...

Problem I have is this. Was it really necessary to take that route? I don't even see the whole faith thing. God already knows what I am going to to. He knew what I was going to do before he even created the heavens and the earth. If he didn't, then he's not all knowing like the Bible suggest. It would make him just a man like everyone else.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Savorrow
Jesus Christ is not a real person. He was a made up Figure used to control the masses. It was the first epic step in global domination set in motion by the ancient "great gods'', ie, the Lizard race that controls us today!

Sources, please. Thaaanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
to the op I hope that all of the people who believe in these lies told by the church in story form will realize they have been duped by this bs and grow the hell up - god made everything - good and bad you can no more be closer to him more one way than the other. Sorry but the "Fact" is "good" is relative and "acceptance" is too.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's either the return of the Anunnaki gods, or Project Blue Beam...

both plausible, except I'm not sure that the Anunnaki has made an announcement of the arrival date

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Well, what a lot of bunk!

I am a believer. But, nowhere in scripture will you find this word "rapture". This heresy was formulated about 200 years ago and over time made a part of the teaching by most Christian denominatons. It cannot be substantiated. The scriptures tell us that many saints will die during the tribulation period. How can that be if they are "raptured"?

The OP is quite correct to point out the scriptures tell us "no man knoweth the day or the hour in which the son of man shall come..." Those who set dates are frauds pure and simple...even if they are old and seem wise.

One thing could happen though. We are told in scriptures that a "Great Deception" will come in the end-times. This deception will be so great that even some of "the elect" could be deceived. Some have speculated this deception could come in the form of a hologram image projected in the sky, which would simulate a rapture.

Bottom line is this:

There is only one Second Coming

That second comming will be to wage war on the evil that inhabits the Earth at the end of the tribulation period.
No rapture.
edit on 9-5-2011 by romanmel because: typo

The saints that die during the tribulation are those people who have come to the saving acceptance of Jesus as their savour AFTER the rapture.

You are correct, the word rapture does not appear in the Bible. The Bible says believers will be "caught up" to meet Jesus IN THE AIR. He does not return to the earth until after the tribulation. He returns with His armies from Heaven for the battle of Armageddon.

I believe the "Great Deception" will involve satans angels representing themselves as aliens who are here to save us from ourselves.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I just don't understand WHY he or she needs to put us through trials and tribulations before he wipes us out? Is he God or Darth Vader?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos
reply to post by Caleb.K

I just really understood the died for our sins thing. He died so he could be resurrected in front of his disciples. They witnessed this event and concluded God must be real. Therefore, go out and spread the word of the Lord.

I just got that this year actually...

Problem I have is this. Was it really necessary to take that route? I don't even see the whole faith thing. God already knows what I am going to to. He knew what I was going to do before he even created the heavens and the earth. If he didn't, then he's not all knowing like the Bible suggest. It would make him just a man like everyone else.

To have pre-knowledge is not to make it happen. To have pre-knowledge is logical if you understand the devine is not entrapped in the present, as we are. The devine see the entire show of life from beginning to end. Thus the devine would be able to see the future, past and present in one broad view.

link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

You are correct, the word rapture does not appear in the Bible. The Bible says believers will be "caught up" to meet Jesus IN THE AIR. He does not return to the earth until after the tribulation. He returns with His armies from Heaven for the battle of Armageddon.

Why torture us before he kills us? Why not just snap his fingers and end it for all the sinners and reward all the non sinners?

I just don't understand why he has to waterboard us before he sends us off to hell.

link   
Given that most, if not all, that call themselves "Christians" do not practice
what is in their holy book and really have no clue what the Jesus story is
meant to communicate I would have to say that a return of Jesus would
be an incredibly bad trip for them.

Most of the people that spew a belief in Jesus are the same people that would
call a man with long hair and sandles "p*ssy" or "f*ggot".

What most "Christians" want is SuperVengenceMan, not the Jesus from the
story of the New Testament. (Superman, Kal El: voice or hand of god)

Personally, I do not believe that there is an invisible bearded Jew in the clouds
waiting to give me candy when I die.

The Abrahamic "god" is nothing more than anthropomorphized pettiness that seeks
revenge.

What omnipotent being could possible want to "burn me in hell for eternity" for some
meaningless act I committed in my cosmic eyeblink of an existence ?

I can easily attribute such pettiness of "burning for eternity" to an idiot human that
wants revenge but I cannot conceive of omnipotence that would desire such a
worthless thing.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Version100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
we will find out soon enough and it will come and go and i hope all you belivers will be happy that nothing has happened!!!!! we all long and want to believe we are part of a bigger pitchure but the fact of the matter is nothing bad is gonna happen and it will be another rubbish normal day

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

To have pre-knowledge is not to make it happen. To have pre-knowledge is logical if you understand the devine is not entrapped in the present, as we are. The devine see the entire show of life from beginning to end. Thus the devine would be able to see the future, past and present in one broad view.

So he's like Dr. Manhattan?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Bravo! Exactly! Christians don't even believe in what the bible says.

The bible says "its better to give than receive." A red blooded American Christian will never give away their wealth to the less fortunate.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I did a google search and even familyradio.com, which is apparently operated by these people, has little information about this church's location. These reason I wonder about that is because I think that this church is based about 20 min. from where I live if I'm not mistaken, and I kind of would like to scope it out pre May 21 (and after as well :lol
Does anyone know more about this Church?

Furthermore, for believers and those on the fence, why does familyradio.com have a donations section if the world is going to end in 12 days? Insurance for when, I mean if...no, screw it, I mean when the rapture DOES NOT happen on May 21? Oh well I'm sure all the wrongly acquired monies will be donated to a deserving charity after May 21...

***Update. Nevermind about the church I asked for more information about. Apparently, Harold Camping came up with the destruction of Earth on May 21, and the universe on Oct. 21 (Camping's Jesus really is a mean spirit, hah get it?!) Anyway, I guess the church around my area is just one of many that latched on to this new apocalypse.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Threadfall because: update

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Brother, I couldn't have said it better myself. And "devolving" is the perfect word. I can't think of a better word to describe today's society. People get all, "up in your face" about "nature" and how "man" is ruining everything yet have no problem with blasphemy, day in and day out. Those same people will tear down Americans because of what we did to the Natives, even though the Natives regularly perform spiritual rituals with fire and chants, etc, etc and nobody makes fun of them for their beliefs, but if you're a Christian, somehow it's okay to come on a forum like this and tear it down and hurl insults.

Why don't you slugs start degrading the Indians for talking to the dirt? Go ahead, make fun of them.

The real problem is, you have no heart and no soul. You live a material life and are envious and jealous of those who have realized their spiritual side and "aware". You have your video game console, motorcycles, cell phones, tattoos and piercings and nothing else. You film each other beating the daylights out of somebody else and post it on Youtube. You watch people beat the crap out of each other and don't do anything about it. You go to internet forums and hurl insults at Christians who have never done a thing against you, without regard for them. We have truly become a nation of degenerates and personally, I can't wait for Him to come and clean up this mess.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

This is a loaded topic. I believe everyone should have some spiritual belief in them! Whether it is sacred, divine, or supernatural. We all need to hold on to our inner beliefs and trust that our mind can be a powerful tool when we use it properly. I don't believe Christ will show on the May 21st. I don't think he will ever show. We believe in ourselves to be a better person and improve our quality of life by doing righteous things.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join