It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo Canyon ( How stupid is this ? )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28090f0b7deb.jpg[/atsimg]

Cause I'm think'in really, really, stupid ! Ring any bells? Here's an article that goes on about how this plant is built to with stand an earthquake
of 7.5 magnitude. Well that's all fine and dandy and the Fukushima plant in Japan took on a 9.0
that lasted for five minutes. Came out of it just fine. But what happened to put four reactors in a stage seven nuclear accident/ meltdown ?
Well they found out water and electricity arn't a good combination. See when the sea comes ashore like in the case of the tsunami that FOLLOWED the March 11 quake in Japan. Water flooding a plant and knocking out the power to the reactors. NO es very goodo. In fact it sucks. Without power there is no way to cool the reactors.
The plants emergency generators kicked on, with only seven to eight hours of life in the batteries. Without
mainline power the plant was doomed. So I guess their having safty meetings at plants across the U.S.

Safty meetings. Can you imagine if we keep ignoring what is going on here on planet earth ? All the warnings about a big quake on the otherside of the very same ring of fire? Every cat and dog realise what's going on.
Safty meetings.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Wow.... just wow

I really dont know what else to say. Wikipedia says the plant is fairly old too 1960s, so I'm assuming whatever they built it up to then isnt quite as great as what they can build it to withstand today. Glad I live up here in the panhandle....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
"No es very goodo"

I see you've been practicing your Spanish!

If I remember correctly, they did a "study" on that plant right after the Japan EQ/tsunami, and assured everyone that it's perfectly safe.

I wonder if mother nature will test that theory later...or sooner.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Considering that California is due for another major earthquake around the san andreas fault that is oh so wonderfully close to the plant, and the reports a few months back speculating about a superstorm that cali is also overdue for I suppose that it is only a matter of time until something terrible will happen to my home state. I really really hope we don't have both at the same time because, if my assumptions are correct, eq+superstorm=super tsunami. If that happens then say goodbye to California. (All assuming the earthquake wouldn't set off Yellowstone god willing)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The talking Box in my livingroom told me I was safe and there is nothing to fear.
Why would it lie to me?
We are all safe.
Please don't panic.
There is nothing to see here!
Move alog, move along.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Baahhh Baahhh.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I used to live like 4-5 miles from the guard shack inside their gates...Shell/Pismo Beach.

A friend of mine and myself took a walk to the lighthouse, via the waters edge. We weren't approached until our return to the San Luis Obispo pier. The path we took (on foot) was off limits due to the proximity of Diablo...the lighthouse was off-limits to the public as I understood it.

We weren't even questioned, because my friend I was with knew the coastguard fellow. He just said that we should use better judgment...that was back in '04.

Chernobyl translates; wormwood. I have yet to determine the translation of Fukushima. Will Diablo live up to it's name? I hope not because we have loved ones in the area.

I hope these safety meetings include the establishment of high-rise breakwaters.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
.....wow....this is just as stupid as someone smoking while filling their vehicle up with gas.....
......just sayin

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It is a bad joke. lived there during the build and know for a fact weld xrays were falsified( from the guys doing it) and that things like the workers were Crapping into the voids around the containment vessel so there would be "radioactive crap" inside haha.....
Cheered as Gov moonbeam said it would open over his dead body and linda rondstadt sang.

seed

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
I used to live like 4-5 miles from the guard shack inside their gates...Shell/Pismo Beach.

A friend of mine and myself took a walk to the lighthouse, via the waters edge. We weren't approached until our return to the San Luis Obispo pier. The path we took (on foot) was off limits due to the proximity of Diablo...the lighthouse was off-limits to the public as I understood it.

We weren't even questioned, because my friend I was with knew the coastguard fellow. He just said that we should use better judgment...that was back in '04.

Chernobyl translates; wormwood. I have yet to determine the translation of Fukushima. Will Diablo live up to it's name? I hope not because we have loved ones in the area.

I hope these safety meetings include the establishment of high-rise breakwaters.

I've been to Pismo one time when I was 14. God it was beuatiful just going up the coast. Had an absolute blast.
Wormwood in ancient times, was always associated with bitter/poisoned water.
Shut it down. Dismantle it. No safety meeting can make this a safely operating plant. If humans don't act on lessons they've learned they're goners for sure. And deserve everything they're asking for. I do hope for your immediates and the rest of your huge family on earth. We are all family.

Randyvious
...................................................................................................................................................... ..........

notsofunnyguy

I see you've been practicing your Spanish

Doh ! You obviously don't know latin when you read it.

assured everyone that it's perfectly safe

I just can't see that at all when I look at.... It's like, well, whats wrong with this picture ?

Randyvious
...................................................................................................................................................... ......

screwed

The talking Box in my livingroom told me I was safe and there is nothing to fear.

I like that. The talking box. How could I have never thought of it that way ?

...................................................................................................................................................... ....
rinowilli

.....wow....this is just as stupid as someone smoking while filling their vehicle up with gas.....

That's a perfect analogy in my opinion. Look here for instance. This is what I'm saying. Shut the motha f---k--- things down for God sakes. At least until the
earth settles down a bit. Yes I'm talking about years that we go back in time 50 yrs. But the damn things may noy even be needed in the future ? So why do we take the maniacle chance of ruining that future completely.
God this is so incredibly retarded. I am sick to death of the idiots running this world . I just want to scream in thier ugly faces all day. If this is the best academia can do? Then burn every college.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Actually Fukushima had another problem. One month before the tsunami, Israel security team did a security update their computers. A virus prevented the second battery backup from kicking in. The stuxnet virus is a creation of CIA and Mossand and was used in Iran a their centrifuge plant, where they were obtaining nuclear products.

So, Fukushima was done by design. Also they can neutralize this any time they want, but will probably let it burn for 10 000 years.

Within 90 minutes of coolant stopping, meltdown began. It took them a day, to get some cooling happening via emergency work and sea water. That meant all the reactors were in full progressed meltdown. Period. No exceptions. The correct procedure is after those 90 minutes, without power being restored, to pour Boron on the reactor (can you imagine Rockefeller subsidiary reactors, having more than 1 in a building), to stop the fissioning, and then cement it. Well correct procedure wasnt followed in the least. In fact they did the worse they could do, use salt water. The reactors were cracked and the salt water came into contact with the core, which is what should have been expected ,this created a separation and hydrogen going to the top.

In Three Mile Island in a similar incident, they drilled holes in the sides of the building because they knew it would blow if they didn't to release the hydrogen.

This didn't happen in Japan because someone didn't want want that to happen. In fact, the mesmers and spellcaster that run this world had the Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier waiting off Japans coast. Why? Well, back in the 80's one of their Prime Minister met with Ronald Reagan and made a deal to bring Mox fuel into their country. So this is called a meme spell reinforcement, to ensure that what they wanted was done by the ones they serve, the dark side. So it was reactor 3, the Mox fuel one that blew sky high and made the mushroom cloud.

Now the problem with eerything is that Japan was storing all of its spent fuel rods on top of the reactors for 40 years of operation, about 600 000 oft them has been estimated,and the spent fuel rods make this incident far far far worse than any meltdown, horrendous incident for the world with worldwide consequences. That is if the one incident was it and it was over.

Its not over. its getting worse, reactor 3, which isn't there at all, there is nothing in the photographs of that destroyed building. reactor 3 and all the others are probably heading for the ground water. They've left the station.

The smoke some call steam released on Saturday, had some black smoke there. That was not steam and that was very bad. Then the live feed went off, and it all changed. Some online think they are looping the feed.

In any case, analysing Fukushima should make every other nuclear plant, glaringly obvious. Why are they even in operation, let alone, near water, earthquake zones and deliberately accidents looking for a place to happen.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's seems crazy to build so close to the ocean but, they use seawater as coolant. Nuclear power is dangerous anywhere you place them IMO.

Reminds me of the San Onofre Plant here in Cali. just north of San Deigo. Scary that this is only built to withstand a 7.0. Eq. and 25 ft. Tsunami. I used to comute to S.D. and Bakersfield everyweek for work and i call them Nuclear Titties.

San Onofre Nuclear Plant

edit on 9-5-2011 by inthemass because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by inthemass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hey wow Unity, thank you for that excellent information. Any contributions from any one especially any plans, even if their tactical, on how to get them down? I truely want to welcome to this thread. I think this is the number one thing that humans have to see happen or we're all dead.

Inthe mass

with some rather ominous looking photos. It's really so heartbreaking to see what's happening to our home. The beauty is waning but i'm done with tears. I'm pissed.

edit on 9-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

join