It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's funny how our part of the world has ended. ( It's a SHORT STORY!!! @@) )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hello. This message is written as a salute to the universe from the human race.

I don't know how the world ended, well I should be honest and say it was destroyed!!!, but the fact remains we are going to be extinct in a few weeks, when our part of land hits Mars, in 3, maybe 4 weeks...

I always thought I would die an anonymous death with a low cost funeral, but instead, I will die an anonymous death at no cost. But definitely with style...

I wish I could see it from a far. Maybe I'll cut my rope and let the land crash on Mars. I could be killed by raising debris afterwards, or be brought into the atmosphere by gravity. Or I could stay in orbit and starve to death...
___

After thinking about it, I will keep on board and die crashing. It's much safer and faster that way. Or maybe, just maybe, we have been lied about a planet gravity laws and we will come down as soft as a feather. That would be maddening if I was to remain in orbit while it landed... I wish we had a cinema with us.
___

Stan, my neighbor, will marry the cashier from the supermarket the day after tomorrow. I keep teasing him by hoping his honeymoon won't be one! But I doubt they will ever divorce since we do not have much time left.
Good for them, I say. The Gifford living across the street are scandalized that he weds less than two weeks after his wife's death, but, hey! Nah! I won't swear in case Aliens, that is nice ones, find this and read it...
___

Wow. Talk about the weirdest wedding ever... While swashbuckling with the knife to cut the wedding cake, what's her name from the supermarket cut Stan's rope and before we could do anything, he was long gone into space!!! We can still hear him damn his new wife as his speed finally stabilized near us. Well, near enough for us to hear, but not enough to bring him back... Poor Stan. We decided it would be stupid to let the occasion go, and I agreed to wed Stan's new wife... We had a lot of fun, despite Stan's constant yelling.
___

I guess I should begin to write the story of how we all got to be sent to Mars, free of charge.
At first, there were official reports with pictures and videos of an Alien arrival. All I know is... not long after, the Earth... ripped apart. But here's the thing, we now know there was a bunch of lies told to us, humans, about space... First, there is frig-ging BREATHABLE AIR in Space!!! And it's only as cold as fresh summer night!
Anyway, once the Earth ripped, lots and lots of surfaces remained intact. We were fortunate enough to have two supermarkets on ours. We are about 40 plus survivors from an initial hundred.
Many thought they were committing suicide by jumping off the plate of land we stand on. They are now human moons as they follow not far behind. We... decided to shoot them so they would not starve. The job was done by a retired sniper we have. Alas for poor Stan, we are now out of bullets... We hear him less yelling, but his moaning is still reaching us. Its kind of a downer and many wish he would shut up now. Mars is getting so big in front of us now!
___

As I was saying before, the Earth ripped, and for some reason our part of land managed to be thrown somewhat intact into space in direction of Mars. At first we didn't know, but it became evident as we got closer to it.
In the first hours, the speed at which we were sent flying got us all stuck to the floor. Gradually, we could sit and raise. In less than a day. For some 4 months, all was fine. Then small things, like Miss Jodorowsky's dog began floating. We ended up installing a complex set of ropes around town, but before that, we managed to find out we were resting on a 16 kilometers squared plate of land. Many other debris from Earth are following us. None showed life.
___

We were... blessed, some here would say. Two supermarkets, 3 video clubs, one medical clinic, a lake, and 5 gas stations. We found generators and reunited everyone in the same neighborhood to facilitate water, food and electricity distribution, thanks to our sniper who was also a Major, thus knowing how to set up camp, and lead.
He's been chosen to be
___

Ha! Less people are now saying we are blessed as a fire broke out and destroyed on of the supermarkets... The one who contained the freshest meats... We have cats and dogs who reproduced... We are looking into farming them for the last weeks to have a bit of meat before the end. We thought we had a weirdo when Mr. Fudd ( we call him that because he looks like Elmer Fudd. Not that a reading Alien would know... ) began planting seeds. Well, what do you know, it worked! We will have fresh tomatoes and cucumbers this week-end! Ha! My mom would have a fit if she saw me smiling at the idea of eating a cucumber...
___

Everybody's angry at me. I messed up when closing the lake cover we built and we lost a third of the lake's water by a small leaking because I didn't close it correctly. My wife supports me through this. It feels strange to say I have a wife, even after a few months... We get along pretty fine. I'm surprised we never got to know each other at high school. The planet had to be blown for us to find one another, that's freaky. I'm glad Stan died. While he was nice, I prefer the company of a woman at night. They are getting a little colder, now.
___

Lake is now ice. It's like late fall. Everybody feel like crap now. Food is rancid for the most part. We all have seen a hundred times the movies in the video clubs... Floating in space is great for five minutes but is lousy after a few months... I think I can honestly say I literally hate three quarters of the world, now. 30 out of 40...
___

Mars is so big in the dark sky, now! We think we have less than 24 hours before impact. We all pretend to make peace, but I prey to God my body parts don't get mixed with some of the morons here...

Yeah. Famous last words of a dying race... Scrw the universe
___

Aahhh! Can you believe it? Instead of crashing into Mars, we turned a bit around it and are now going into the void! No!... noo...
edit on 9-5-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Sadly people like you continue to exist..

Please keep your nonfactual, unaccredited, imaginary prophecies to yourself...no one wants to hear your negativity.

Thank you and have a horrible day

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I know I shouldn't be saying this on a conspiracy forum but dude haven't you heard of prozac? You're definitely in need it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Mind1Soul

imaginary prophecies to yourself

Not a prophecy! It has happened!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

LOL! How? I know nothing of Prozac's effects or the reason it has to be taken! Thank you!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

imaginary prophecies to yourself

Not a prophecy! It has happened!

Well I stand corrected, but to be honest I didn't even take the time to read past the intro.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Mind1Soul
Well I stand corrected, but to be honest I didn't even take the time to read past the intro.

Odd.

Very odd is the fact that you would.....
  • open a thread in the 'Short Stories Forum'
  • read the intro of that thread
  • reply to that thread twice
    ......when you were obviously not in the mood to read an imaginative short story.

• posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Imhotepsol

so you think prozac does u good do ya?
    shows how much you know and where you are on the whole scheme of things.
    go team pharmacy!
    errr

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:54 AM
    link   

youre whats wrong with ats
    get a bit of an imagination,
    let go a little
    geez
    so uptight

oh and you should be banned from ats

edit on 9-5-2011 by questcequecest because: cos this user needs to be banned and i forgot to mention that. ban him/her/it

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
    link   
    reply to post by NowanKenubi

good job man, really shows a different intelligence when you can make me think more than someone who copies and pastes an article from another conspiracy site...
    s&f
    write a follow up.
    de frosted by aliens maybe?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:05 AM
    link   
    reply to post by questcequecest

Thank you very much! I couldn't believe I had to edit the title to add it was a short story! LOL

A sequel? I don't know... I hadn't thought about it.

I guess it will depend on its commercial success and how the toys line will sell...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:01 PM
    link   
    Angry mod peruses thread
    Thinks about some post deletions
    Sees the author has it covered
    Decides to lay off

*clicks out mumbling inanities*

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:01 AM
    link   
    Me likey.....not sure why the other guy didn't like your story though! So did the ship crash into Mars or not? I hope it didn't...poor souls.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:42 AM
    link   
    its not very short

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:24 AM
    link   
    reply to post by BuddyHarper

Nope! It was redirected to somewhere else! Don't forget to post the rest of Tony's story, Bud!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
    link   
    reply to post by dniMnepO

Yeah, a real bummer.
    There should be an intermediate story forum... And a 3/4 one, and an 11/17, too...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
    link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
    reply to post by dniMnepO

Yeah, a real bummer.
    There should be an intermediate story forum... And a 3/4 one, and an 11/17, too...
    3/4 is only a fraction more then 11/17
    , it would be more plausibe to have a 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 forum's...Or if you just want to forums as you suggested you would for somthing as simple as 1/3 and 2/3 forum's, Duh....

edit on 10-5-2011 by dniMnepO because: (no reason given)

top topics

join