It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic in Italy over May 11 Megaquake prediction from seismologist that died in 1979

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yet another Mega Quake Doom prediction for this month. These seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately and I'm guessing they have to do with the rare planetary alignment over these next few weeks. This one is particularly interesting to me since the guy who predicted this died in 1979:

nz.news.yahoo.com...

ROME (Reuters) - If tourists find Rome unusually quiet next Wednesday, the reason will probably be that thousands of locals have left town in fear of a devastating earthquake allegedly forecast for that day by a long-dead seismologist.

For months Italian internet sites, blogs and social networks have been debating the work of Raffaele Bendandi, who claimed to have forecast numerous earthquakes and, according to internet rumours, predicted a "big one" in Rome on May 11.

The national television network RAI has run programs aimed at calming rising panic among Romans. The civil protection agency has issued statements reiterating the official scientific view that earthquakes can't be predicted.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
new madrid fault
this one shall go

this time around
who really knows

within this year
we shall know

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Predicting a EQ on a specific date is silly and dangerous.

Dangerous because it will cause people to drop their defenses against all of the other days...

If you live near a fault line, you should reasonably expect an EQ at ANY Time on ANY Day. This is only prudent.

Rather than just freaking out aimlessly, the best solution would be to grab onto your panic and focus it into taking precautions and making preparations for the inevitable day when that quake will occur.

It's not a matter of "if" , it's a matter of "when". And since we do not know the future yet or have any fool-proof methodology for predicting quake dates successfully, it is best to stay vigilant every day all the time.

Make sure your family has a disaster emergency plan. Make sure you have exit routes planned for your house, school, or place of work. Make sure your boss or whomever is in charge practices EQ drills regularly.

Just keep on the ball all the time. Don't just pick a day and focus on that. Everyday the potential exists and we must be ready when it does eventually happen.

Good luck and stay safe.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Interesting that there are multiple EQ predictions for May 11, just remembered this one (that I also posted a thread about a few days ago) from this 'Doomsday Prophet' in Taiwan that claims an unprecented mag 14.0 EQ is going to hit there on the day as this one in Italy:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Predicting a EQ on a specific date is silly and dangerous.

Dangerous because it will cause people to drop their defenses against all of the other days...

If you live near a fault line, you should reasonably expect an EQ at ANY Time on ANY Day. This is only prudent.

Rather than just freaking out aimlessly, the best solution would be to grab onto your panic and focus it into taking precautions and making preparations for the inevitable day when that quake will occur.

It's not a matter of "if" , it's a matter of "when". And since we do not know the future yet or have any fool-proof methodology for predicting quake dates successfully, it is best to stay vigilant every day all the time.

Make sure your family has a disaster emergency plan. Make sure you have exit routes planned for your house, school, or place of work. Make sure your boss or whomever is in charge practices EQ drills regularly.

Just keep on the ball all the time. Don't just pick a day and focus on that. Everyday the potential exists and we must be ready when it does eventually happen.

Good luck and stay safe.

I agree, but eventually one of these 'prophets' is going to be right and hit the nail on the head in terms of the date, location, magnitude, etc of a major seismic event. And even if it's sheer luck, this person will be worshiped as a god among men even if they are truly a false prophet.

In fact for the devout christians - this will add more fuel to the fire as there were predicted to be many false prophets emerging during the end times.

Personally I believe that all of these major EQ predictions are coming out of the woodwork because we are inching closer to 12/21/2012. So everybody is looking for their 15 minutes of fame. But this particular Italy EQ prediction does have my attention because the guy who predicted this passed away in 1979. Makes you wonder why he would predict a specific date of 05/11/11 so many years ago.....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I think some scientists and astronomers have been aware of the correlation between earthquakes and certain astrological alignments, its only recently that we are hearing more and more.
There are three eclipses next month that im aware of so that could be relevant also.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Oh what an interpreting read - especially considering the other day we had - starting with a 4.0 - 12 earthquakes in just a day... Lots of action... So, who knows!

It also explains (maybe) why the local news didn't cover anything about the multiple quakes. From what it sounds like panic is already high enough without adding to it...

peace
edit on 9-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Interesting thread in the Dreams forum regarding May 11.

Now I'm citing this thread here which is not my own, so please respect its author. Remember it was just a dream he had and shared......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
05.11.11 you say? that date might very well mean something to those behind the power. 03.11.11 is at least a date to remember. Guess we are just gonna have to wait and see, I would just hate seeing any damage done to the city of Rome.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is going to get alot of attention in the msm because WHEN the day comes and NOTHING happens,
people will be further desensitized to prophesies and predictions during a time when they are coming out of the woodwork.

The problem is....some of them are true and they know it!!!!!!
edit on 9-5-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disconnected Sociopath
Interesting that there are multiple EQ predictions for May 11, just remembered this one (that I also posted a thread about a few days ago) from this 'Doomsday Prophet' in Taiwan that claims an unprecented mag 14.0 EQ is going to hit there on the day as this one in Italy:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Amazing a 14.0 - surely this prophet knows that the richter scale is exponential. i.e if a 14.0 were possible I think that most of the planet would be doin the shake rattle and roll with them/

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I made a prediction for May 11th also and location to be in Rome. But my prediction was based mostly on the Simpson clock episode and the pope being beatified same day they announced killing Osama. Also an illuminati number. Since then heard FEMA doing their exercises around the New Madrid Fault line around this date. Now this one just adds to it. Two more days and guess this date will be confirmed or destroyed.
Anyways, the link to mine......

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by katndew

Oh I am not laughing at the Italian prediction, I was laughing at the silly Taiwanese man who predicted a 14.0 quake. He might get a quake, but a 14.0 - well that would probably be doomsday for the entire planet.

I am watching another thread about a guy who says he is not psychic having a dream about the (dramatic silence please) May 11th...

Is there is a disturbance in the force at the moment

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
At first I did not pay any attention to this, more so after I read this:

NOSTRADAMUS QUATRAIN #9 - 83 (Henry C. Roberts version)

The sun being in the 20th of Taurus, the earth shall so quake,

That it shall fill and ruin the great theatre;

The air, the heaven, and the earth shall be so obscured and troubled,

That unbelievers shall call upon God and his saints.

In the above quatrain, Nostradamus gives us an astrological date for this earthquake's occurrence. Of course the so-called science of Astrology is no longer taught in this modern world. Indeed, even the great Erika Cheetham herself mistakenly gives the date of the event as April 10th, when any good student of astrology knows that the sun passes through the astrological sign of Taurus on the 10th and 11th of May each year.

Let us see what tomorrow brings. Being a good person is the way of the future.

PS: www.youtube.com... - there is a substantial planetary alignment(plus Elenin with Sun and Uranus) it seems..

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

edit on 9-5-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

Interesting. For me for another reason.

It's been many years since I've read Nostradamus but one thing stuck in my memory. There is a quatrain (that I am unable to search for at this moment) that says that the ground will open up in Italy (Rome?) and an amazing discovery would be found that would shake up the world. If my memory serves me, it would be a crypt of sorts, bearing 'epitaph D'.

Now, I've never been able to piece it all together, or through discussions with a friend who was publishing a Nostradamus book about 10 years ago - and we never found an event in history that matched that quatrain. Perhaps that is still to come if it's a valid prophecy and perhaps a major earthquake will make it possible. Who knows, I just find it interesting.

If anyone knows the quatrain I mentioned, please feel free to copy it since I can't really go searching for it right now.

Khar

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Isn't the New Madrid fault located near Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi? or is it in Italy? The reason for concern is that I live in Indiana and would like to track and follow information on our New Madrid fault line. Thank you for your assistance.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq
At first I did not pay any attention to this, more so after I read this:

NOSTRADAMUS QUATRAIN #9 - 83 (Henry C. Roberts version)

The sun being in the 20th of Taurus, the earth shall so quake,

That it shall fill and ruin the great theatre;

Is "the great theatre" maybe the Coliseum? That's the first thing I think of when you say that. Or Cowboy Stadium, I guess.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I posted about this this morning HERE. What I don't understand is that Bendandi DOES NOT predict May 11th, 2011. After his death in 1979, a large majority of his works were burned. Two surviving papers indicate specific years (2011 and 2012) but give no exact dates or geological locations.

Paola Lagorio, the president of an association dedicated to Bendandi and which preserves all his manuscripts, says they make no reference to any earthquake around Rome in 2011.

Yahoo Story

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
in 1993 or so some guy predicted a major earthquake for the new madrid on like december 7..everyone panicked and stored food and hoarded god knows what..they even let school out in all areas for that day..well..here I am..everything still as it should be I guess..so, I have to agree..this is just silliness!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cloud333

The New Madrid Seismic Zone is in the United States, not Italy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join