It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona seeks online donations to build border fence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

I agree...John mccain is a huge supporter of this racist movement and his stature amongst the media certainly has boosted his credibility among the "borderline racists"

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What amazes me is how this debate started YEARS ago about how we need to stop the illegals from coming over, they were starting to become a problem.

What happened? Absolutely nothing.

Then the problem of drug smuggling started, and what happened? Absolutely nothing, because it was mostly small time no big deal.

Then some bullets hit the El Paso courthouse, and county officials from border counties get threatened daily because those small time "no big deal" guys have been taken over by large cartels who saw the profit potential.

Whats happening? I'll let you answer this one.

The sad thing is that it very rarely graces the MSM or even local news. If ever there was an agenda I would say the border situation first.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

your from the junction,awesome,so have you seen the issue on the news?how the police rodney kinged innocent people last week at the public meeting of counsel.?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

What happened specifically, and do you think a secure border would ease the tensions that could be leading to these types of violent occurances?
edit on 9-5-2011 by Nathwa because: Punctuation mistake.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007

I'm wondering if in a few years we will be having this same argument about teaching/not teaching homosexuality in schools?

Already happening in CA. There was an article about it a week or so ago.

It's sponsorship originated out of San Franscisco.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
There are some things that just shouldnt be taught in schools. Call me conservative, but do all the kids who come from traditional families, who have .... yes i'll say it "normal" parents, really need to learn that some kids have two daddies/mommies.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Work crews of Arizona inmates also have been used to refurbish public buildings, build sidewalks and construct park facilities. At 50 cents an hour, "we are a relatively inexpensive labor force," Ryan said.

Wow the inmates get 50 cents an hour? I'm surprised they get paid at all. If I were a prisoner I would be glad just to get out of my cell and enjoy some sunshine (even if it is 115F). What are they going to do with a couple of dollars in prison?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Wow the inmates get 50 cents an hour? I'm surprised they get paid at all. If I were a prisoner I would be glad just to get out of my cell and enjoy some sunshine (even if it is 115F). What are they going to do with a couple of dollars in prison?

I'll tell you. They buy cigarettes, pot, crack, smack, blow, playboys, weapons and anything else under the sun. You can get Anything in prison if you have the right connections. sad but true.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Yet, another attempt by Phoenix to try and play "Federal Agent" again. This is a national and Federal matter and is on hold.

Something else that will get stopped cold!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Yet, another attempt by Phoenix to try and play "Federal Agent" again. This is a national and Federal matter and is on hold.

I believe if a state feels that the Government is not doing it's mandated job of securing the borders to the states liking, that state should have the right to enforce it's own border policies. It's a win win. The state and it's people get what they want and the Feds are off the hook.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I believe if a state feels that the Government is not doing it's mandated job of securing the borders to the states liking, that state should have the right to enforce it's own border policies. It's a win win. The state and it's people get what they want and the Feds are off the hook.

Only would be the case if Immigration was a State matter for which it is not so that nullifies that. It will always be adherent to The Federal Gov't's liking and no one else's! States have no authourity to cross into another state to pursue a suspect as the Federal Gov't more then has the authourity to do just that. This is reality.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The Obama administration ignores the illegal immigration problem for one reason only. That reason is that they need the illegal aliens to vote in order to keep their jobs.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Private landowners in Arizona can build a fence on their own land if that is their pleasure. That is not under Federal domain.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I have not seen that. Have you got a link to it? I would not be surprised.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Private landowners in Arizona can build a fence on their own land if that is their pleasure. That is not under Federal domain.

No they cannot, they can fence off their own property yes, but not using state dollars or survielance equipment and are not allowed to engage a border hopper! Neither are they allowed to willingly and voluntarily patrol the border because of certain legal items so that if someone does happen to confront a hopper they cannot engage or detain as that is illegal imprisonment and will get the Federal Gov't sued and if you kill someone you go to jail!
edit on 9-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

If the feds did their job in the first place, Arizona wouldn't have to do this.
Arizona has begged for help for years. I am far away from the border and we have a huge problem with illegals. Millions of people from all across the USA are being displaced in the workforce. They are no longer taking just the jobs that American's won't do and havn't for years!

When ICE deports thousands of illegals, thousands of citizens quickly and easily fill those positions. There are problems with illegal immigration on many levels. Yay Arizona! Do what you have to do!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

The other thing about this initiative is that it relies upon the support of the people to build the fence. If the people of AZ want the fence, they will donate. Regardless of whether it is a federal responsibility or not, the people of AZ have the oppurtunity to voice their opinion through this initiative.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
"the barriers inappropriately jeopardize the health and safety of those seeking illegal entry into the United States"

I'm sorry but who cares...

If they are doing it on their own free will then they are taking the risk, so what ever happens to them they deserve. Should of stayed in your own country or found a way to get in ours legally! My relatives worked hard establish their citizenship and no one should be excluded. Hospitals need to stop servicing these dead beats. My mother has worked in the ER for over 40 yrs and these illegals have no right to beg for these services that hard working Americans pay for, when they just end up walking out or complaining they can't speak English. Why should we be forced to put these freeloaders on our backs and carry them? We all know they would never do the same for us, and if any other country wants to complain... then you take them...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I WILL DONATE a bunch of pity fro the lawmakers that are going rogue,making this kind of effort with NO MONEY,,,,,,,,They just making the number,in reality its only for the border ,but what about by sea????by airplane those inmmigrants from euroasia??????nonetheless the pakistanis and middle east illegal inmmigrants in general?????....WHERE WE GONNA BUILT A FENCE THEN???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join