It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Art of Tea Drinking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Tea is good. I do drink coffee from time to time, but there is something about tea that is lighter, more soothing.

*takes sip of tea*

I personally use tea bags to prepare my tea, although loose tea is also awesome, and I think it is the older way of doing it.

*takes sip of tea*

That is tasty. I already feel more relaxed. Tea is also like aromatherapy. The wafting of steamy tea is quite intoxicating. I am drinking peppermint tea at the moment. Quite the tasty for my smell and taste senses.

*takes sip of tea*

That is good. Wow. I also feel like tea is meditational. It's like you drink it, and then there is a little bit less in the cup. It is like you are becoming the tea, or more like the tea is becoming a part of you.

*takes sip of tea*

One of my favorite aspects about tea is that there are all kinds of flavors. My personal favorites are matte black tea, roobios red tea, peppermint tea, and darjeeling tea. Oh yes.

*takes large gulp of tea*

Ohhhh yeahh. That's the stuff. So warming. Very relaxing. It is like as you drink tea, you are accomplishing something. That is so cool.

*takes another large gulp of tea*

As the tea cools, you may start to take bigger gulps, like I am right now. It is like a cup of tea is an evolution and transition.

*takes a huge gulp of tea and finishes it*

Now that was a good cup of tea. I feel a little wiser having finished a cup of tea, something our ancestors have done for thousands of years. Well I don't know about thousands of years, but for a very long time indeed.

Thank you for reading.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Perhaps you could post the ancient art of taking a crap. I've heard of reading tea leaves before but never this.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You must be wasted on tea by now...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Mmmm... Yes... I feel the same way about tea.

My favorite is Organic Emperor's Puerh Black Tea...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Tea to me is almost like a hobby.

Almost like Pokemon. Gotta drink em all!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
how many years did it take to figure it out?

did the first person who found a hot spring with some low hanging tea leaves in it figure it out.

yes there is a ritual for tea drinking in asia.

in china, how many westerners realize the significance of banging 2 knuckles on the table when someone is pouring tea for you or off setting the tea pot cover?

the japanese tea ceremony is way to intricate for me to give an overview.

the brit's? they just like tea from india, lol. i'm a fan of earl grey.

the lemon tones, are very nice.

america? lipton!! lol!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is a question I have. Why is the Mormon church against drinking tea? Not that I agree with them. I'm just curious as to why that is.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
This is a question I have. Why is the Mormon church against drinking tea? Not that I agree with them. I'm just curious as to why that is.

I knew they wouldn't drink coffee but didn't know about tea. I also think they are against caffeine so maybe that is why.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
OHHHHH MANN! gotta have that tea! im steeping a hot cup of spring cherry green tea now! damn thats good stuff. It takes you to a whole nother level of consciousness and relaxation at the same time!

Its freakin MAGICKAL... that is all i have to say.

*sips tea*

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

I was told by them that even if the tea was de-caffeinated that it still had ingredients in it that the church was against consumption of. I don't understand the big deal behind it being so wrong. Ancient civilizations drank tea and smoked tobacco and they were pretty healthy. Case-in-point; the Native American Indians. So what's the Mormon Church's problem with it?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

That was entertaining. Makes me want to broaden my horizons and start sipping some exotic teas.

*takes a sip of Diet Pepsi*

I will start looking for some of the teas mentioned in this thread in my local grocery store.

*takes a sip of Diet Pepsi*

And YES, I know Diet Pepsi has aspertame in it. I only drink it on occasion.

*takes a sip of Diet Pepsi and keels over from a stroke*

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm feelin relaxed just from reading your post on tea.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

Originally posted by Marked One

I knew they wouldn't drink coffee but didn't know about tea. I also think they are against caffeine so maybe that is why.

Mormon Tea

Ephedra
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the use of species of Ephedra in medicine. For botanical information, see Ephedra (genus). For the prescription medication ephedrine, see ephedrine.

Ephedra, an extract of the plant Ephedra sinica also known as ma huang (simplified Chinese: 麻黄; traditional Chinese: 麻黃; pinyin: má huáng),[1] has been used as a herbal remedy in traditional Chinese medicine for the treatment of asthma and hay fever, as well as for the common cold.[2] Ephedra is a stimulant that constricts blood vessels and increases blood pressure and heart rate. Several additional species belonging to the genus Ephedra have traditionally been used for a variety of medicinal purposes and are a possible candidate for the Soma plant of Indo-Iranian religion.[3] Native Americans and Mormon pioneers drank a tea brewed from an Ephedra, called Mormon Tea, but North American ephedras lack the alkaloids found in species such as E. sinica.[4]

edit on 9-5-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Teabags can afterwards be used for a variety of purposes.

If you bite on a warm teabag after drinking, it can temporarily relieve toothaches.

You can also use teabags after drinking under the eyes to help diminish dark circles. This is because of the tannin, which is found in most teas I believe.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well, this is very interesting, it's also a Japanese tradition, do you know about it ? It's called the Way of Tea, it's a Buddhist ceremony.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The tea bags afterwards can also be useful.

I put them under my eyes, and it reduces the look of tired eyes.

Works like a charm.

new topics

top topics

join