It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think that the Racists have hijacked the Right...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It is my opinion that a great deal of the opposition to the current Presidential Administration is racism camouflaged as patriotism.

Going all the way back to the election, there has always been a segment of conservatives who have insisted that Mr. Obama is a Muslim simply because his father was.

It matters not that he has only practiced Christianity his whole life; he must be a practitioner of Islam because he has a “Muslim name”.

The same can be said concerning his birth certificate. Even though he has made public both an official copy, as well as the original birth certificate; there are those who still refuse to accept their authenticity.

Some of the more religious right-wingers perpetuate the idea that our current President is the Antichrist Himself, the Beast of the Book of Revelation!

Yet others of the Old Guard insist that he is single handedly responsible for our current deficit dilemma, totally
disregarding that his predecessor inherited a budget surplus and negated it with tax cuts across the board, including to the wealthy, then involved the nation in two costly wars.

I have even heard some accredit Barrack Obama with the T.A.R.P. Bill, which was George Bush’s final huge dip into the national kitty.

One could also point out the continuous need to not only add his middle name, Hussein, every time they say his name, but also with distaste and bile as this “Muslim” name is spoke.

Finally, we can look at the recent insistence that he should not receive any accolades for the killing of Osama bin Laden, that only the military should receive such honors. You can wager the farm that if the operation had gone wrong, these same people would insist that he drown in the blame.

The behavior of the Right in spite of the facts leads me to believe that these individuals are just making up excuses to hate the man without looking politically incorrect and despising him for the color of his skin.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sorry if I may answer as lowly as it may be Yes they the right bas been 'hijaacked" im too drunk right now to debate im sturggling as it is

+19 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
so what your saying is that anyone that doesn't support Obama is a racist?

+2 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

No, I'm saying that if you make crap up that is not based in fact to justify your hatred for the man, that you are just trying to cover up your racism... Hell, I don't agree with alot of what the man has done, but it's based in fact, not BS... therein lies the difference...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Your opinion is fact. These are the people that I remember from the Civil Rights wars of the 50s and 60s. While I am an old white male, I am not this ilk. This is a repeatable pattern in history. When the old guard (the racists South/whites) are just about ready to die off, they rise up in one desperate death gambit. It works for awhile, but never ultimately. Fortunately for us, the minorities in America will be in the majority VERY soon.

The Right, the TeaBags, are a particularly disgusting breed. As evidenced in WI, MI, OH, and other states, America has finally awoken. In CA, the Latino population has sent the Right away for good. All that is left is the mopping up.

It will be ugly, but the Right will be defeated ... one way or the other.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Ancient Champion

No, I'm saying that if you make crap up that is not based in fact to justify your hatred for the man, that you are just trying to cover up your racism... Hell, I don't agree with alot of what the man has done, but it's based in fact, not BS... therein lies the difference...

Wheres your proof? Do you know how easy is it to fake a BC? Hell criminals do it everyday and most of them get away with it.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Ancient Champion because: Forgot a word

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm not a Republican, and i'm not a democrat.. i'm intelligent enough to realize there are no defining 'Parties'

that being said..

Whilst indeed there are a multitude of racist in this world.. the democrats and media have been using the 'Race Card' to devalue any opposition to Obama.. whilst i must concur i'm sure some of it has been 'Racist'.. you can't group everyone who criticizes Obama as a racist

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
In CA, the Latino population has sent the Right away for good.

Your using CA as an example? Have you seen the condition CA is in?

+15 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sorry to say this...but the ONLY people ever talking about racism and this President is the left and those who support him. I have never seen such obsession over a man's skin color than I have with all this left talking points.

I have said it before and I will say it again...........

The only defense that people have against the incompetency of this president is to cry racism. And it is getting seriously old...

The man has had two years of practicing being a president and has failed miserably. THAT has nothing to do with the color of his skin.
edit on May 8th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The Left-Right paradigm is a foul illusion. Yes, I am sure there are some racists on the Right, but there are a vast number of people who, simply put, aren't. I could say the same for the Left.

I hear folks call Obama "Barry" more often than I hear them use his middle name, and if they do... so what? They did the same for Bush, Jr. Regarding his religion: this is an issue with both sides as religion has absolutely no place in our government, he can pray to Allah or a lamp, yet both propagate it.

Saying that the Right has been hijacked by racists is ludicrous and stupid, if it was true there would be more than a few cases of certain individuals being #sshats.

+7 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

He won the election. He had huge approval ratings going into his presidency. He won the Nobel Prize in his first few months! Obviously racism wasn't all that apparent or effective at that time. I am a Republican, and a Tea Partier, and I voted FOR Obama. I know many others like me that did the same.

Then, something happened. "Hope" and "Change" actually meant more of the same. The bailout money went to big banks and big corporations and it didn't help the common American in the least. The Healthcare "reform" became Social Medicine, with stipulations that penalized middle-working-class Americans yet again. Gitmo didn't close, the troops didn't come home, the transparency never happened, and instead we are into a new war in Libya, blowing up homes that looks a lot like assassination attempts, and then we murder OBL, when he is the single biggest wealth of information on our current enemies that ever lived!! We torture prisoners in Abu Ghraib to find out worthless tidbits, but we kill OBL and toss his body out to sea?

Sorry, but racism didn't have a dam thing to do with the change in my opinion, or the opinions of the other Conservatives in my area.

Obama is the same race and religion now that he was when he got elected, yet his approval rating is only half as good. How can any intelligent person think race is the issue? The race hasn't changed, the religion hasn't changed, many of us voted for this guy, and now we realize he is just another polished politician, and his campaign was all bunk.

If he did happen to change his race, right now, and he stepped out white as new snow, and got Baptized on national television, it wouldn't change a thing. His policies still suck, his decision making is still suspect, his campaign was still lies, and he still doesn't stand a chance at being re-elected.

Furthermore, there was a contingency of racists before the election, and there were plenty of whispers that he would never survive as a sitting president. Here we are 2 years later, he is still alive, he is beginning his campaign for re-election, and there hasn't been any serious attempt to do away with him. Even among the hardcore racists, the whispers have subsided. He is a terrible president, he is black, and he has a Muslim name similar to America's #1 enemy, and yet, he is ruling comfortably, and getting his agenda pushed through, with no violent backlash.

Racism is dead and gone. Obama is the proof of that. His critics have plenty of fodder without bringing race into it. In my opinion, racism should never be spoken of again in any circles. We elected a half-black, half-white, Christian, with a Muslim name, born in Hawaii, schooled in foreign lands, and he has survived his term so far, and he has made progress on a very liberal agenda, and yet his supporters are still crying racism?
I'll never understand that argument.

+2 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hate to rain on your parade, but that race cards wearing pretty thin. I just get a kick out of the double standard. President Bush was slammed and made fun of and worse almost from the very beginning. Yet we have obama and any body disagrees with anything he says or does the handy dandy race card gets whiped out.
Oh My God, I disagree with obama on almost everything he does, so check me off as racist.

+3 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

If you believe this issue then just stick to his policies. The left has used this "race card" so much *yawn* that it has actually damaged race issues.
This is all about "The Boy Who Cried Race".
Because the next time a real racist event/issue takes place, it will be put in the same category as these false racist claims.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Seems to me you overlooked the fact that they are all criminals.... all presidents have been related.. its an inside club.. your vote is a joke... and Fascism has taken over.. Corporations have more rights and representation than you do at this very moment... and calling them out on this blatant obvious illegal action to instill a half black president as a diversion could awaken the American people in general to correct the mistakes that have been chipping away at our Freedom for almost 100 years..

but no..

its all about his race & religion..

pay attention.. it is free..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Hawaiian state law allows children born outside Hawaii get valid Hawaiian birth certificates (S. 338-17.8)"

"The following Hawaii state law (Hawaii Revised Statutes S. 338-17.8) allows children who are born outside Hawaii to obtain valid Hawaiian birth certificates, depending on the residency of their parents. This law isn't restricted to those born in the other 49 states; a child could be born in a foreign country and still get a valid HI birth certificate. This law was added in 1982, as confirmed by law librarians at the U. of Hawaii and L.A. County law libraries.

"Note the fact that this applies to parents living in the "Territory" of Hawaii, an entity that was dissolved in 1959. If this law had been intended to only include children born in 1982 or later, would they have referred to the "Territory" of Hawaii? Clearly, this was intended to include those born before 1982 as well."

"[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.

(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]"

24ahead.com...

www.capitol.hawaii.gov...

So explain to me how you got brain washed into thinking these recently computer generated documents mean he is Natural Born when in fact the very law in Hawaii allows for children born outside Hawaii to obtain a COLB?

Also, how do you come to the conclusion anyone who questions Obama ...who was NOT legally checked to hold office.. is racist?

Sounds like you gave up thinking about it..

Are you not an American?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So I can only disapprove of the job done by a white heterosexual white man otherwise I am presumably basing my opposition to that person's presidency on their race, gender, sexuality, or religion?

Jaxon I respect you as a person but this is dead wrong my friend. I see very few people on the right hating Obama for his race, not that this is non-existent but no more than 5% of his opposition. You cannot group the opinions of millions of Americans for the actions of a few. Going by that logic because a couple radical Muslims attacked us on 9/11 then all Muslims are terrorists. A few black guys like fried chicken so they all must like fried chicken. A few Mexican-American rob you so all Mexican-Americans are robbers. See how that logic works?
edit on 5/8/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
the race card is what they and the author of this thread pull out when they cant debate the issues.

same old tune attack and marginalize the enemy

right out of saul alinskys playbook.

sorry but the race card has been rejected due to insufficient funds please try another card if you want but it will still be rejected.

bah i have have enough of this threads and comments about racism because its straight bs.
edit on 8-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The way that the race card has been used in recent years is, in my opinion, racist. It has been used by white apologists to "shield" a black president from any criticism. Any time someone dares to disagree with any policy, that person, and by association any organization that they belong to, are marked as racist.

I propose that those people who scream racism are the actual racist. By claiming that any criticism is racist, they are saying that any short fall that the president has is based on his race and pointing out those short comings is racist. You can't pick on the poor president. He's black and it's not right for you to criticize him because of that.

In fact, those who criticize him are showing him the same respect that they would show to any other president. They are treating him as an equal, assuming that he can handle a bit of criticism and, hopefully, change some of his ideas to incorporate the ideas of those who disagree with him.

Thus, the left who seek to shield their president from the criticism that any president will receive, are the real racists here. The right, tea party and all, are at least treating the president as an equal and not holding back their ideas from him for fear of hurting his feelings or something along those lines.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
IMO the race card is a factor only for those who are racists themselves most of the time.

People talk about equality yet they don't want to be equal. I can list alot of things that the african american community has that if the white community had, it would be considered racists and would be crucified to the max limit.

Your right! Indeed the government is racist, they hate all of us equally.
edit on 8-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
It is my opinion that a great deal of the opposition to the current Presidential Administration is racism camouflaged as patriotism.

Excellent OP, starred & flagged.

What is even more amazing is the depth of their dishonesty and self delusion in that they continue to deny they are racists when it is so dreadfully obvious to everyone but them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Hijacked?

To say something was "hijacked" is to say it was taken against the will of the people running the thing. No, the right has not been hijacked - racism is an integral part of the American right, and in most parts of the world, conservative philosophy itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join