It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ET more advanced?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Go and ask an Aboriginal if they can explain the combustion engine and yet they are the oldest race of people on earth apparently and never once invented electricity, radio, oil lamps, nuclear power, rockets, they made a stick come back though which was an early step into Aerodynamics I suppose but they never took it any further!

Can YOU explain the combustion engine?
Lets see ya do it then, bud, and don't use google, or any of the internet to do so. Go ahead. Explain the combustion engine. Please, bud, I implore you to explain the combustion engine.

So don't make Aboriginals sound like they're stupid cause they can't explain a combustion engine. How about if you ask an aboriginal how to throw a tomahawk 50 feet outwards and hit a target? They could more than likely do that. Ask them how to survive on their own. Ask them about agriculture. Ask them about survival. They can answer those questions. What, bud, does a combustion engine have to do with intelligence then, if you can't answer how it works, does that make you stupid? Did YOU, bud, ever invent radio, nuclear power or anything? No, bud, because, bud, you aren't all of humanity. And for one, electricity was 'invented' (I would prefer to say 'discovered, really, because you can't 'invent' electrons) by ancient Egyptians, bud. So, bud, before you make Aboriginals (I prefer the term Native, just because they're more original than those who invaded the Americas) look daft for not knowing how to explain a combustion engine, bud, take a nice look at yourself and ask yourself what you would ask an "Aboriginal" then go on, answer it, bud.

Anyway, a lot of theories on ET are based on pseudo-archaeology. Maybe it is possible that ET are more advanced than us (if they ever visited us, I would assume in at least one way they are more advanced than us). If we are to believe mainstream Ancient Astronaut Theorists then we would have to believe that there are indeed more than one faction of ET that has visited us and then we would also have to believe that these factions are either both malevolent and benevolent or neither malevolent nor benevolent. It is clear from ancient and biblical texts that they had great weapons (Thors Hammer, Zeus' Lightning Bolt, Poseidons Trident, Arc of the Covenant, are among the few) so we can assume safely that if these mythological beings are not a fantasy and are ancient mans description of ET visitations, we can assume that they did need protection from something (or each other). So in an 'emotional' sense, I don't think these aliens really have a "Love permeates the whole universe and Love conquers all" attitude that many new-age people are trying for. If anything, they probably have a very clear and deep understanding that Love and Hate, Peace and War, Life and Death... pretty much summed up as the 'dual nature of the universe' cannot be controlled and if you try to force Love then you will have hate, if you try to force Peace then you will have war, and if you try to force Life... well take a look around you folks, the medical industry prolongs life but look around you really.

"Advanced" might be a tricky word to use because they may be advanced in one way, but I'm positive that ET could learn a thing or two from us, and us from them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, it's not a simple question, but look, if hypothetically they have visited us, and the fact that there is no "intelligent" life aside from us, in the Solar System, they just have to be more technologically advanced.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What I think a lot of people fail to grasp is that even though war is hell, some of the biggest leaps forward in tech and science has been driven by and large by war and the need to have the biggest stick.

What we can say is that had it not been for the post Roman religious dark ages, we would already be colonizing our solar system.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
look at it this way, we are the only known species past present and future to have developed this advance.
if you take all the life in the cosmos and compare them to us(all life not just advance ets) we are more advance than i would say 99.99999999999999999999999999987percent of all life out there. tech wise but biologically i would say 30% so 70% of them are biologically more advance, look at planet earth as an example. always a bad example here but it works in this case

and my opinion to advance ETs we are very good at mechanics, all branches and forms, we are just touching on the power of computers though.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by quantumdragon

I would disagree. Given that the latest estimate suggests their could be billions of exo-planets within our solar system alone, and that some of the oldest stars in the milky way are 13billion years old, almost as old as the universe, and that our star is only 4.5 billion years old, it would be fair to say that there is plenty of planets out there that have been around far longer than our Earth.

If any of these planets are capable of supporting life then it would be fair to assume that intelligent life out there has had far longer than us to advance and evolve.

Humans on earth advancement - A few hundred thousand years.
Life other planets - A few hundred million years to a few billion.

You could go into the what if's with Extinction level events on exo-planets, but once a species is able to traverse the stars and colonize other worlds, that becomes less of a problem.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSecretAgent
reply to post by quantumdragon

I would disagree. Given that the latest estimate suggests their could be billions of exo-planets within our solar system alone,

I see a flaw in you logic, the galaxy yes, the sol system no. in its present state, there maybe 5-8 planetary bodies capable of microbial life(as far as we hypothesize)

I think you meant galaxy.lol

how common is intellegent life on these exo-planets? and how common is it to develop to our level or beyond? we don't know.

its is all variable and to use us as a example of how a intelligent species develops is again a poor example that doesn't really work.(nothing to compare)

our rate maybe different that another.

we just have to get up there or wait till they come, then we can maybe compare notes.

for our development, warring tribes was a major factor in how and how fast we developed. what if they didn't have to compete for resourse like we do, they may not have the motivation to develop like we did during war times/fears.

again all variable.
edit on 10-5-2011 by quantumdragon because: grammer+added content

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
SETI founder Dr. Drake made an equation called "Drakes equation" which is basically an equation which shows how probable (intelligent) life on other planets is. read more The Drake Equation

Basically the big unknown factor is the survival time of an intelligent species... and since we are the only intelligent species (that we know of) and we haven't gone extinct yet, it's hard to say what exactly is the survival time of an intelligent species.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Rockhounder because: Edit to fix typo 'probably' to 'probable'

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I made a comment somewhere (cant remember where), but stated that some of the biggest leaps forward in human advancement have come through war.

Also read somewhere that since humans evolved into living in civilizations, (a long time ago) there has only been an estimate 400 years of peace (no ware anywhere, whatsoever). So it's no surprise that we have advanced as fast as we have.

I wouldn't say we're the only intelligent life form on earth however, we are the only one capable of influencing our own advancement and evolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join