It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if America falls?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Highly skilled slaves to China?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If America falls, then there would be an opening for the Global gov. To take hold.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

If America stays on it's current path two major events will most assuredly happen. 1) The world will decide to stop using the US Dollar as the world reserve currency, and 2) OPEC will decide to no longer base the price of oil on the value of the US Dollar. The latter of the two will mostly affect America, because the rest of the world already pays a lot more for gas than we do. Really, the decline in America is bringing America down to the level of the rest of the world, economically speaking. You ask the question "what if America falls?" I submit to you that America has already fallen, and that we have already passed the last exit on the expressway to hell. I think the slow and steady decline of the US economy is giving the rest of the world a chance to adjust accordingly. The real impact and devastation is being felt, and will continue to be felt here in America. America is the last hurdle standing in the way of a one world government, or at least one world governance. Once America has been brought to its knees the globalist agenda can be realized.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
Just think of USA as the new-age Rome, now go from there.

So...the barbarians will take charge for a while, until another empire building nation steals and forces control over the majority of the planet....again.

It really doesn't *have* to be like this.

Just because it has been the way of humanity so far, i'm sure we can agree it is *not* the best way.

We can *all* live in paradise, here and now on Earth...if the traditional power and control systems were replaced with a more egalitarian system..it can be done, and can be done relatively quickly and painlessly.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

you mean a different global government.

why does it matter if america falls, honestly? why are people so worried about the end of american hegemony? what does it matter? british hegemony ended in the 20th century and they seem to still be there. is it really that important to be the number one power in the world? this arrogance fueled fear is nothing more than a product of serious insecurities in this country about what it really means to be american.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyson

Originally posted by ExCommando

I explained that the US debt isn't that bad on a GDP level

You explained wrong. You can't get a meaningful info from comparing "failure" and "utter failure". At least Japan has a homogeneous, cohesive culture, despite the corruption.

US debt is over 45,000 USD per person in the US. And rising daily. The system is being set up to crash -- and it will ..... soon. That's intentional.

The odd thing is that these globalists actually think they can get away with overt, in-your-face criminal activity. Maybe they are counting on cognitive dissonance and/or other programming techniques to keep us in line. It's troubling to think of an entire race of people that apparently don't yet have the ability to resist being dumbed down this badly......

"homogeneous" ..Well let's pretend that wasn't racist.
"Second line.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

reply to post by fooks

I agree with the sentiment of America pooling it's resources back home - would it really create that much instability in the middle east if America pulled its troops and came home?

How much are the combined conflicts (Stan and Iraq) costing the US a month?

What will they gain from it (monetary) at the end?

i think it wouldn't create much, it might expose the actual might of countries there, which would be a good thing.

stan and iraq would have to sink or swim.

like i said, without the US in the mideast, people will not have the US to demonize or count on.

they will have to step up to the line. israel can take care of herself. the buttholes will be scared poopless to attack her when the US is not backing her or caring if she levels whomever.

kill or be killed, evolve or die out.

i am thinking of the USA, i have no doubt you aussies can defend yourselves. ya need help in a bad situation? no problem.

we be there i'm sure, but everyone has to stand up. clean house, let the islamic countries expell the westerners and all they brought, let everyone do what has to be done for their country.

screw travel, as much as i like to travel to these countries, i'd rather my decendents get there and have a great and safe visit or life there.

NWO does not mean these chumps control everyone. they can't.

NWO can mean WE are in control. gotta start at the top, tho.

great reply

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

reply to post by watcher3339

In my opinion, you just stated things that are going to help contribute to our Empire falling.

UGH!
Nobama, stop making FALLACIOUS claims...
You are pulling "Insisting on Past" fallacy and a Straw Man. You cannot say ALWAYS FALL.
You cannot argue just because "most" empires fell, it does not mean that US will "fall".
(Define Empire? In modern term please? Can you? Compare Rome to US and do a full-spectrum analysis..?).

Until you do that, you don't even have an appeal.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Two things:
You are asking the wrong question, the question should be: WHEN the US falls, what will happen to us?

Second, until a couple of months ago, the world premier currency was the yen, not the dollar.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EternalThought

In my opinion, you just stated things that are going to help contribute to our Empire falling.

UGH!
You are pulling "Insisting on Past" fallacy and a Straw Man. You cannot say ALWAYS FALL.
You cannot argue just because "most" empires fell, it does not mean that US will "fall".
(Define Empire? In modern term please? Can you? Compare Rome to US and do a full-spectrum analysis..?).

I'm sorry, most? do you see a single empire that was here 100 years ago? ALL empires fell and will fall, the US is just a matter of time.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

You really think it was a great post?

I read it as basically saying, screw everyone - look after number 1 and watch billions of human beings sink or swim.

There are better ways to live than both current policy of invasion and warfare, or your proposal of ignore everything, unless it directly negatively affects you.

The 'sink or swim for humanity' philosophy would probably actually lead to increased conflict and warfare, than we see currently. As nations and peoples become increasingly desperate, increasingly desperate measures are taken.

A more inclusive and caring approach for *all* human beings being adopted by all nations, is a much better solution than either war or ignorance.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Here is my short reply:

A) U.S. highly likely has access to alien technology, the card we are saving for later

B) U.S. highly likely has technology that does not require the use of petrol. If you see YouTube, there are lot of videos of regular Joes who discovered new combustion fuels besides petrol (one I like is Salt-Water) - > similar to alien technology A)

C) We are a nation of innovators and ideas. Even though there will not be a capitalist drive to create new ideas, I am sure we will begin to miss our old life-style in no time and will come up with some of the best ideas. If you look at China, they copied 99% of our inventions, and only slightly modified them. Ideas are more powerful than money or status. From the movie Inception "Which is more resilient? A Virus? A Bacteria? or an Intestinal Worm? - None. It's an Idea!".
You can also argue that whole world holds an idea that US is a super power, so it shall be. Especially if you consider QM - since your thoughts control the collapse of the wave and it's expression - what you think, so shall it be. We just need to instill this image of US power into the world, and their consciousnesses will retain that image.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm

Originally posted by EternalThought

UGH!

I'm sorry, most? do you see a single empire that was here 100 years ago? ALL empires fell and will fall, the US is just a matter of time.

Define Empire first.

What you state is your OPINION and by far not an argument, because when you make an argument or a claim, you need REAL time evidence .

Opinions are ok... but they will be regarded just as that - opinions.
edit on 5/9/2011 by EternalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by DuceizBack

You really think it was a great post?

I read it as basically saying, screw everyone - look after number 1 and watch billions of human beings sink or swim.

There are better ways to live than both current policy of invasion and warfare, or your proposal of ignore everything, unless it directly negatively affects you.

The 'sink or swim for humanity' philosophy would probably actually lead to increased conflict and warfare, than we see currently. As nations and peoples become increasingly desperate, increasingly desperate measures are taken.

A more inclusive and caring approach for *all* human beings being adopted by all nations, is a much better solution than either war or ignorance.

OMG, people on this board haven't taken any Political Science or Philosophy courses. Did you all even go to college?

It's called "Political Realism" vs. what you're suggesting "Political Liberalism", there is also "Political Constructivism".

Now you have to find out which theory applies to real life, and I doubt any of us will be successful in this debate, because even the world's most renowned Ph.D. in Political Theory cannot come up with an answer.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If i will try to answer this topic, the post would be removed, because it will be simply waaaay to long.

However, i'll try to give as much as posible a short answer.
First, the question is , what this fall means? Fall economicaly to be on par with, lets say, Germany? Or be like
Sudan? Or somwhere in between? Or fall militarily?

Its not a simple answer.The complexity of a situation like this can lead only to theoretical answers.Just to give a glimpse of how complex this is...think about that US will fall just a little, but enough to be forced to end the operations in Iraq and Afganistan.This could lead to an emergence of terrorism that might have implications on an unknown scale.Might be small, but might be large.Lets assume that the ''terrorists'' will stage a 9/11 scale attack in Moscow.Would Russia send troops into Afganistan and Iraq?

Also, the ME.I mean, seriously, as someone previously stated, without US military able to project itself in ME, it won't take long until the arab nations will have a go on Israel.And nobody can aswer the outcome of such a scenario.

Even if you think at a ''normal'' scenario, when US will just slowly fall, and the other nations will have to choose a new exchange currency...what they will do? Choose the Yuan? Choose the UK Pound? The Euro? Whatever they choose will be a boom to that curency and the country that have it.Maybe make a new currency, based on a proportional power of , lets say, first 5 economies? Who will decide what the proportions of those will be?

If i would have to answer fast, without thinking, at this question, i would say that the fall of America will mean the fall of the World as we know it, the easiest outcome beeing a new reevaluation of who is the big dog (or dogs) and the most complicated beeing a world war.

The easiest outcome will mean EU, China, Russia and India will HAVE to work togheter (this alone is too complicated and most likely imposible) while in same time ignoring US in the decisions they will make (this might or might not happend, depending on how hard US will fall).

The most complicated outcome, and the one that actually suits US (the world war), its the most possible one.
Just think about it...after a world war, there have to be a WINNER, who will get the lions cut, hence becoming the NEW wolrd superpower.And we all know that US ALONE can beat the crap out of the rest of the world if it comes to a war.

Well, this would be a short answer, without thinking much about it.

But if i would think...there is no room to write a good answer, so i will stick to my honest and shortest answer :

IF AMERICA FALLS , THE WORLD WILL FALL.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Its not a simple answer.The complexity of a situation like this can lead only to theoretical answers.

Thank you for stating THEORETICAL.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I don't know what will happen when America falls but no country goes without a "boom". So I'd say we will see a World War and after I think China will be destroyed and it will be more about either Europe and Russia.

Both of these will either fight or unite. I hope we unite. I believe that Russia and Europe should be together.

After all Europe always finds a way to survive. History has proven that.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The financial and military might of the US - backed up by Europe has set the moral/ethical tone of international dealings - through the threat of force, sanctions, censure etc.

When it is gone - since we are the only ones who have these liberal democratic style values, largely it must be noted as a result of the internalisation of Judeo christian values.

Then at the very least chaos will ensue as nations no longer constrained by the 'evil USA' will follow their true natures.

China/Taiwan
NK/SK
India/Pakistan
Arabs/Israel
Iran/Saudi Arabia
Russia/Former Soviet states
La Raza/Southern states
Islam/Europe
China/US remnants
and many more.........

I just hope I live long enough to see some liberal asswipes having to watch their wives or partners being assraped by Chinese troops.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by tyson

... and therein lies the problem.

We are, for the first time in the history of mankind, in a position to communicate globally - instantly.

Yet the people of the worlds super power, as a whole, don't grasp the utter turmoil they are in.

Head in the sand, or poor financial education, or deceit from the ruling elite?

I dont think the leading powers head are in the sand. I think they know exactly what they are doing. I think the world elite are creating these problems and arent rerally trying to fix them for the people they rule over. Simple services that would benefit humanity are either being ignored, destroyed or deemed not useful. so it keeps the people down and struggling-while they reap the benefits from their heightened position in this crafty system they have created.

If america is to fall...it will fall. America is no longer that super power of the future like it was in the past unless something happens to change. However, the right powers are in place in the american system (i think-not 100% sure) to prevent the form of change americans want. That would benefit all!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I don't know what will happen when America falls but no country goes without a "boom". So I'd say we will see a World War and after I think China will be destroyed and it will be more about either Europe and Russia.

Both of these will either fight or unite. I hope we unite. I believe that Russia and Europe should be together.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

Yes, me too.
I would like to see US and Russia unite, and perhaps include EU as well.

Just imagine the might of this state !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join