Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What if America falls?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think the most major thing we will have to do is to start realizing what is a need and what is a want. For the longest that I can remember, life has involved into a everything is a need in keeping up with the Jones.

We're spoiled and many of us don't know what it means to use second hand clothes, entire family live in a one bedroom house, how to make and preserved your own food, just your basic survival skills. If America fails, expect the worst in humanity until we begin to relearn what we should have learned in the first place- Be self-sufficient and live within your means.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I'm not saying nothing will change. Clearly it already is. I'm just saying that it likley wont be a dramatic, overnight event, and that we are probably decades into it already.

China wont replace the US as the dominant economic empire. It's success is too tied to Western and specifically US success to benefit too much from a collapsed US economy.

What we are witnessing is the shifting of America from a prosperous, post-WWII economy to one more on par with the majority of world economies. Not quite third-world, but not the level of prosperity many baby-boomers were accustomed to.

As for the nature of the American psychi, dont believe all Americans are like those on ATS> It is only a fringe element here.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The op has asked what would happen if the US were to fall in an economic way. While countries come and go, and major powers, growing and shrink, like anything, nothing is forever as one of the posters pointed out. This is a very sticky situation as this based on an economic system, thus if the US dollar falls and the economic structure of the US collapses‘, the entire world will be in for a very rough ride, to include depressions in many of the other parts of the world, if not the entire world. Major industrialized countries will be hit the hardest, as many of the worlds economies are so intertwined with each other it is like a set of dominoes all set up. When one topples over, the rest are bound to follow. The currency of a country is its value, and what the world believes how strong it is. So when the US falls, the first to feel the crunch will be those who hold the US debts, they will follow real quick, as the value of the US dollar will be worthless. Certain items that are bought world wide will go up, so that means things that are based on petroleum will raise up, and become luxury items, industry will have problems all around. The reason why oil is going to be affected is that oil is traded in dollars. And oil runs many of the industries around the world. Think about it, what is not affected by oil? Every day life is affected in one form or another, from the items we consume, to the very things of modern convenience all requires oil in one form or another. Even plastic is based partially off of oil. So the recessions and economic hardships that many countries are in, slip further towards a depression and it takes time and has to run its course. Course it will also be the time when many who would seek to gather power would actually step up with solutions that may seem like a godsend, and people pushing through agendas that would have far worse consequences would be coming out. In short it would not be pretty and all of the world would end up being affected. The US dollar is the currency of choice for many businesses and commodities, as well as the backing of the world bank.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Be self-sufficient and live within your means.

ummmm
wasn't that one of the articles
on the Georgia Guidestones?

right next to the 50 Million number?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

but see

the collapse of the world is what TPTB want.
That way they have world dominance without
national borders or constitutions to stand in
their way. So what is happening is playing
right into their hands, is it not ???
Almost as if orchestrated, is it not ??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yeah, I'm sure
that's the only thing
that ever referenced humanity's
need for self-sufficiency.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

As usual, your logic contains none.

How would those nefarious "PTB" stand to make a profit if the whole world economy collapses?

Your type are just obsessed with end-of-the-world disaster scenarios.

I call you zombie-fetishists.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The Dollar is the world reserve currency. What does that mean? It means when countries like Russia and China want to trade with each other, they are supposed to do that trading in US dollars and not their own currencies. Well, do a search and you will find news reports that these 2 countries and many others are starting to trade in their own currencies and skip the dollar. This is a BIG deal. Additionally, Bernanke and the Fed keep printing dollars which continues to bring the dollar value down, which is causing major transition off the dollar (search PIMCO quits investing in US treasuries) and a huge move toward more tangible investments such as gold, silver and commoditites (this is all over is you look for it in the news).

If the US continues to 'print/create' dollars, what is going to happen, per Gerald Celente and others, is that we will go into Hyperinflation (prices change daily or even faster) and our economy could collapse (do a search on Argentina collapse). This would mean people's savings like 401Ks and retirement plans would become hugely devalued if not completely devalued. The Fed seems to have a plan to merge Canada, US and Mexico and create a new currency (look up "Amero"). However, who knows how many worthless dollars it will take to get 1 Amero (It could be hundreds if you look at Argentina).

Bottom line, there actually seems to be a plan to continue devaluing the dollar and crushing our economy through regulations and impeding business. The US gov't has not made any real effort to cut spending, reduce the annual deficit or put a plan together to handle the $14Trillion in debt. We just keep borrowing and creating more money. If anyone thinks this is sustainable and things will 'just continue on as usual', I have some ocean front property for you in AZ.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by annecares1
The Dollar is the world reserve currency. What does that mean? It means when countries like Russia and China want to trade with each other, they are supposed to do that trading in US dollars and not their own currencies. Well, do a search and you will find news reports that these 2 countries and many others are starting to trade in their own currencies and skip the dollar. This is a BIG deal. Additionally, Bernanke and the Fed keep printing dollars which continues to bring the dollar value down, which is causing major transition off the dollar (search PIMCO quits investing in US treasuries) and a huge move toward more tangible investments such as gold, silver and commoditites (this is all over is you look for it in the news).

If the US continues to 'print/create' dollars, what is going to happen, per Gerald Celente and others, is that we will go into Hyperinflation (prices change daily or even faster) and our economy could collapse (do a search on Argentina collapse). This would mean people's savings like 401Ks and retirement plans would become hugely devalued if not completely devalued. The Fed seems to have a plan to merge Canada, US and Mexico and create a new currency (look up "Amero"). However, who knows how many worthless dollars it will take to get 1 Amero (It could be hundreds if you look at Argentina).

Bottom line, there actually seems to be a plan to continue devaluing the dollar and crushing our economy through regulations and impeding business. The US gov't has not made any real effort to cut spending, reduce the annual deficit or put a plan together to handle the $14Trillion in debt. We just keep borrowing and creating more money. If anyone thinks this is sustainable and things will 'just continue on as usual', I have some ocean front property for you in AZ.

Great commentary - but why do you think they are doing this? To what end?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by annecares1

And BTW, the folks in power/rich rulers won't get hurt by this collapse. All they have to do is create a law that 'allocates' the new currency to whoever they want (a law it would take years for us to understand even happened) and they are planning for this. For example, the rich are buying up all the real estate for example using cash. Also, huge amounts of gold and silver purchasing is going on. I make a bet the new currency, whatever it is, has a base of gold/silver in it. Which again, means these people would be able to get into the new currency by trading their commodities.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Well, the TARP (Bailout) basically stole from the US middle class (and underclass) and paid off the rich. It seems to be with 44 Million people on food stamps now (and number rising) and the article I read about the middle class being pushed into poverty, their goal is to depower the US citizens and get our focus on surviving versus what they are doing, which is the status of most 3rd world countries. Between, the bailout, the federal/state/county/city regulations and taxation on business, the rising employment, the rising cost of living/food/energy/fuel prices, if that is their agenda, it seems to be working.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If America falls, and it sure feels like it's already falling fast, I think the first thing that would happen is we would dissolve the USA and create the NAU (North American Union), merging canada and mexico with the usa. I seem to remember Bush meeting with Mexico and Canada's leaders to talk about making this happen. But I forgot where I heard that, so take it for what you want.

What this means for the rest of the world, I have no idea.

China is leading the pack now anyway.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Using Japan as an example may be comparing apples to oranges.

japan has something going for it we don't here in the States. They actually produce things and sell them where this country has turned into a service based economy and we manufacture far less than we used to.

We have far, far fewer factories and more hotels, restaurants, gas stations, movie theaters, malls and so on.
To pull out of a depression or even a bad recession you have to have a goods to sell to the world.

If all you offer is services and the money dries up who will use them and how do you make more money?

We used to be a world leader in manufacturing but now were just Starbucks & American Idol.......

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
All nation fail, sooner or later. All have and all will.....until...we have a different mind-set....

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The US is falling, and has been falling for years. The US dollar will eventually be replaced by something like the Euro--life goes on. Human nature being what it is, the US is on a death walk to oblivion. Once, they are downgraded credit wise, can't afford to launch wars, and have a dollar hovering at .60 Canadian, they will finally, finally do something. A once proud nation has become a bunch of idiots the rest of the world laughs at. Ronald Reagan must roll in his grave!

The bigger danger to me is the instability of the world. As much as people love to bash the US, the alternative "moral compasses" are scary. Most of the Middle East are racist bigots, Africa is a joke, and Eastern Europe and Russia are run by goons. Then we have China which is communist.

It is inevitable that their will be power plays in the next 20 years by wingnuts. Who is going to take them down?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

what are you talking about? I was stating every great Empire comes to an end (history shows it) and used Rome as a example...

well when rome fell, so did the world.

didn't the dark ages start right around then?

the rise of islam and such?

so i don't think it's a good idea to wish for that.

as to the op, is it just money you are asking about or the whole consequential fallout?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
The US is falling, and has been falling for years. The US dollar will eventually be replaced by something like the Euro--life goes on. Human nature being what it is, the US is on a death walk to oblivion. Once, they are downgraded credit wise, can't afford to launch wars, and have a dollar hovering at .60 Canadian, they will finally, finally do something. A once proud nation has become a bunch of idiots the rest of the world laughs at. Ronald Reagan must roll in his grave!

The bigger danger to me is the instability of the world. As much as people love to bash the US, the alternative "moral compasses" are scary. Most of the Middle East are racist bigots, Africa is a joke, and Eastern Europe and Russia are run by goons. Then we have China which is communist.

It is inevitable that their will be power plays in the next 20 years by wingnuts. Who is going to take them down?

Don't worry, Australia will take care of the wingnuts making their power plays.

But in all seriousness, I see your point - as much as people like to bash the US, they are the ones who have always held the big stick.

Yes, they have used it with impunity at times ... but that's a different article completely.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by Nobama

what are you talking about? I was stating every great Empire comes to an end (history shows it) and used Rome as a example...

well when rome fell, so did the world.

didn't the dark ages start right around then?

the rise of islam and such?

so i don't think it's a good idea to wish for that.

as to the op, is it just money you are asking about or the whole consequential fallout?

Without money the whole deck of cards will fall - so I think the two are linked together.

But yes, I guess the whole big picture event if the US ceases to wield it's staff of power.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

The world will go on just fine without us we (the united states) are not that important.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Reply to thread title:
Well then the revolution/elite/queen of E/someone, shall have succeeded!
Victory is nigh!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join