It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Historic bloopers of world’s best spy agencies"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted elsewhere. There's a definite element of anti-West/Israel editorializing in the tone, which I neither condone nor condemn. Around it there are a few interesting factual accounts, regardless. A word to the wise, though -- this kind of thing acts in part as disinformation itself, another way of controlling the discourse around intelligence agencies to include the idea that organized competence (which is all a conspiracy requires) is impossible.

Historic Bloopers of World's Best Spy Agencies

One interesting tidbit:

While the KGB is vehemently blamed for the collapse of Soviet Union in 1991, its second biggest blunder was “Operation INFEKTION,” which was aimed at circulating disinformation that the United States was intentionally spreading AIDS around the world.

Dubbing it an American biological weapon, the Soviets had been propagating for over a decade that the US was planning to kill the world through AIDS.

But in 1992, the then Russian intelligence chief and later Prime Minister Yevgeni Primakov, admitted that the KGB was responsible for all the rumour mongering in this connection. He said on record that the Soviet KGB had actually concocted the false story that the AIDS virus had been created in a US military laboratory as a biological weapon.

About the above, my cynical mind can't help but wonder if the denial itself was the false story.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

flag for this..

"""
About the above, my cynical mind can't help but wonder if the denial itself was the false story.
""""

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Of course the denial could be the false story, the union collapsed a year prior to his 'admission'. Why would the guy even open his mouth and admit that? For benefits. Provided by whom? A government. Which government? The strongest. The USA. Russia exists today as a world power. Coincidence? Nope.

new topics

join