It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick Fish In Gulf Alarming Scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Elienne

Your link was a general link to the main site, so I found the specific one to the article to help you out with your first thread.

www.pnj.com...

pictures from the article:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebc44b5e59bc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83c52ee5d972.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.fda.gov...

Now the FDA can eat their words. Literally.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It seems Deepwater Horizon Syndrome isn't just effecting Humans.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ALS

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Good God. What will happen next?!? Oil Spills, Radiation, Fracking, HAARP, Geo-Engineering, Electromagnetics, Subliminal Poisoning and on and on. Take a look at this synopsis of the environmental hell that is being unleashed around us. God help us all...

www.activistpost.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I once had a debate with a green activist not that I am against saving the planet. However all of this makes my case when I said that that no matter what we do as individuals until the focus is placed on the major problems we are wasting our time. No one wants to focus on the major things because it will affect everything about our way of life.

We indirectly control the big problems through our giant consumption habits! Stop buying so much gas, stop buying disposable plastics, stop buying anything disposable.

Stick to the basics from 50 and 100 years ago, and if enough of us do it, then the corporations lose, and the environment wins.

People used to use glassware, and silverware. They recycled it automatically, it wasn't some new fad, it was just the way of life. Nothing went in the trash. If you bought a jar of pickles, you saved the jar and used it for jelly, or nailed the lid under a shelf in the garage and used it to store nails and screws.

Don't buy cheap pressed-wood furniture, buy the real wood furniture, and when it gets old refinish it, or reupholster it. Don't throw it out.

Don't buy $19.99 shoes at WalMart every 4 months. Instead, buy a decent $150 dollar pair of shoes, take care of them, and once every few years, get them conditioned at a cobbler. Pay for them once, don't pay for them over and over and over and over.

You can save money over the long-term, always have top-notch stuff, look and feel rich, protect the environment, defeat the corporations, and set a good example for future generations if you just stop consuming, and start buying quality items and then conserving them.

Each of us as individuals are still the problem. Corporations, and pollution, and deforestation are all a result of our disposable lifestyle and consumptionism. We can't blame them, until we stop playing their game. We hold the purse strings.
BTW, I had some awesome Gulf Grouper last weekend! It came just off shore at St. George Island and it was delicious! I've been eating Redfish and Flounder as well. The fishing is good, the fish look healthy over here, and I'm not stopping until it kills me. I've also visited my buddy at the Gulf Coast Specimen Lab, and he has seen a random concern or two, but nothing significant yet. He is diving in the Gulf 3 to 5 times a week, and collecting samples of sea life, and all is good so far over here in the Big Bend area.

It is true what they say about the fishermen stopping to collect the big BP paychecks though. I know a lot of them that did that very thing. I think that is why the fishing has been so good lately.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Elienne

this article isnt a shocker

its just shocking it actually came out anywhere

we all knew this was going to happen

we also all know SOMEONE is going to eventually snap

its going to be someone from down there who is losing everything, they will snap, then they will attack and innocent people will get hurt

that shouldnt happen, what should happen is the people should ban together and go straight to the offices of those involved, and remove them one way or another

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elienne
Today's Pensacola News Journal ran a story about the alarming number of fish showing problems.
"Scientists are alarmed by the discovery of unusual numbers of fish in the Gulf of Mexico and inland waterways with skin lesions, fin rot, abnormal spots, liver blood clots and other health problems.". The environmental adviser for the City of Gulf Breeze was quoted as saying ""I've been testing different organs in game fish that have been brought to me, and I'm seeing petroleum hydrocarbons in the organs," ..."I was shocked when I saw it."
Those of us on ATS who have been following this all along knew that the sea life would show the effects of the oil and the Corexit, no matter what the government said about the health and safety of the sea life.I live in Pensacola, and I have steadfastly refused to eat any Gulf seafood since the spill and tell anyone I can not to eat Gulf seafood. Finally it is on the local paper. I wonder how long before this too is silenced?
www.pnj.com...
PS-My very first thread ! Be kind....

What did they expect when you poison essentially the whole gulf with oil and corexit. I've said this before, that we won't see the true damage of that poisoning until a few years later.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Not only are the animals suffering...
Bu t the whole economy in areas where people have made a living for generations by fishing.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hey, add the DeepWater mess to this possible nuclear mess (Nuclear plant workers release unknown amount of radioactive tritium into Mississippi River) and add more radioactive materials from the fracking mess (Radioactive Water—More Bad News from the World of Fracking) and it'll be a miracle if anything survives.
edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

I already posted one.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
What's this?
Nuclear Accident at Plant in Mississippi, USA gets totally ignored!!

Yeah so posted on the fifth. This along with hundred's of SEWAGE plant's that over flowed, Millions of farms with hundreds of millions of pounds of fertilizer, chemical waste, garbage, plastic, whole land fills if you will.. ARE NOW IN THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER!

!!!DO NOT EAT FISH FROM THE RIVER!!!

Catch your own fish and breed them. Safe to eat is second generation spawn. Otherwise 2 fish a year, all species.. This "accident" insures a massive flood of health problems for all of the mid-west. California is already taken care of.. Next is the east coast.

edit on 10-5-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Today's Pensacola News Journal had an ed op piece in which a (not surprising) piece of information slipped out. Well, maybe others knew but I did not.....that the various state and federal agencies testing gulf fish for safety used fish from fish markets. Obviously the fish markets would have removed any fish that did not look good or smell good, etc. How's that for stacking the deck?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

it would be fitting if the plant disclosed the amount of tritium they flushed into the river but i guess that little nugget will be lost in paperwork until someone moves the decimal point a few columns. is there a race to destroy as much of the natural eco-systems as possible in the shortest possible time? the salmon in canada not spawning/no sign of salmon in an area known for it's abundance. a similar incident on the east coast of uk where the environmental agency had a hand in 'making' a run for spawning fish. none showed up this year after thousands of natural cycles.
sounds like the earth is going through what certain banks are undergoing at the moment. Stress Tests!

this path of destruction is imo unstoppable. even if there was a chance of a consensus to stop these and other madnesses, the teeth i am afraid are not sharp enough to tear into the system deep enough to make a difference. plan b for me is to meditate on the landlord/landlady finding the message on the cosmic answerphone and paying a visit. then again they may be prone to bathing in toxic soup whilst drinking cocktails with a sprinkle of caesium.
fakedirt

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Once again the sick fish are noted, but once again you have the statement that no link to oil spill....really? really ? As the bard said, "what fools these mortals be..." It is stupefying that morons ....oh wait, can we say do not officially recognize the cause because of legal responsibility?? To that note, the link to today's Pensacola News Journal article is below. I hope I provided the link to the actual article!

www.pnj.com... 0110525/NEWS01/105250328/NOAA-confirms-sick-fish-Gulf?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

OK, I tried the link button above to enter the link, and I tried just copying and pasting, no luck. I will do some research to find out what to do to get the link hyperlinked to the article. In the meanwhile, here it is....

edit on 25-5-2011 by Elienne because: I am trying to hyperlink the article in the paper cited in my reply.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Wow, a message on my home phone machine from the CDC doing a survey on health of Gulf Coast residents...I did not call back because I want the ill people to call, not the healthy ( although who really knows at this early stage) ! What do you think?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Elienne

link is here. i tested the link a few times. i am afraid it is hit and miss.
www.pnj.com...

hope it works for all.
regards f

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elienne
Wow, a message on my home phone machine from the CDC doing a survey on health of Gulf Coast residents...I did not call back because I want the ill people to call, not the healthy ( although who really knows at this early stage) ! What do you think?

This sounds very suspicious! You should call your local law enforcement and ask if this is legit or alert them if it is not.

I don't think the CDC would be doing a survey on health of the Gulf Coast residents. If they wanted any information, they would get it from Health departments and Sentinel Doctors.

This sounds like a scam attempt.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why are they shocked? The BP spill was the worse environmental disaster in history, what did they think will happen to the fish? The ecological effect of the oil spill will last for decades, yet we have people screaming drill baby drill. I don't get it, will we get to the point that we completely destroy ourselves as well as thousands of species along with us just for the sake of continuing a civilization that is doomed to fall anyway?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by redrose123

I once had a debate with a green activist not that I am against saving the planet. However all of this makes my case when I said that that no matter what we do as individuals until the focus is placed on the major problems we are wasting our time. No one wants to focus on the major things because it will affect everything about our way of life.

We indirectly control the big problems through our giant consumption habits! Stop buying so much gas, stop buying disposable plastics, stop buying anything disposable.

Stick to the basics from 50 and 100 years ago, and if enough of us do it, then the corporations lose, and the environment wins.

People used to use glassware, and silverware. They recycled it automatically, it wasn't some new fad, it was just the way of life. Nothing went in the trash. If you bought a jar of pickles, you saved the jar and used it for jelly, or nailed the lid under a shelf in the garage and used it to store nails and screws.

Don't buy cheap pressed-wood furniture, buy the real wood furniture, and when it gets old refinish it, or reupholster it. Don't throw it out.

Don't buy $19.99 shoes at WalMart every 4 months. Instead, buy a decent $150 dollar pair of shoes, take care of them, and once every few years, get them conditioned at a cobbler. Pay for them once, don't pay for them over and over and over and over.

You can save money over the long-term, always have top-notch stuff, look and feel rich, protect the environment, defeat the corporations, and set a good example for future generations if you just stop consuming, and start buying quality items and then conserving them.

Each of us as individuals are still the problem. Corporations, and pollution, and deforestation are all a result of our disposable lifestyle and consumptionism. We can't blame them, until we stop playing their game. We hold the purse strings.
BTW, I had some awesome Gulf Grouper last weekend! It came just off shore at St. George Island and it was delicious! I've been eating Redfish and Flounder as well. The fishing is good, the fish look healthy over here, and I'm not stopping until it kills me. I've also visited my buddy at the Gulf Coast Specimen Lab, and he has seen a random concern or two, but nothing significant yet. He is diving in the Gulf 3 to 5 times a week, and collecting samples of sea life, and all is good so far over here in the Big Bend area.

It is true what they say about the fishermen stopping to collect the big BP paychecks though. I know a lot of them that did that very thing. I think that is why the fishing has been so good lately.

Bravo, and straight to the point. Very well said. I think you would find this website interesting, as it talks about plenty of the things you mentioned here.

Verdant.net

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I thought I would do a quick search to see about the legitimacy of a CDC survey, and there is a survey !
Gulf States Population Survey
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is using the existing capacity and infrastructure of the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) to conduct a separate survey designed to monitor the mental and behavioral health status of this affected population. The Gulf States Population Survey is a telephone survey to be conducted monthly for a one-year period, from December 15, 2010 to December 15, 2011, in selected Gulf coast counties affected by the oil spill.

[url][url=http://www.cdc.gov/OSELS/ph_surveillance/gsps.html]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join