It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Census 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well its Census time again here in Canada. I received a 2011 census form in the mail. Right on the front it says "Complete the census---its the law." this is how it is written:

May 3, 2011

Dear Madam/Sir
This letter provides instructions for completing your 2011 Census Questionnaire. It is quick and easy and takes only a few minutes. Please complete it as soon as possible WITHIN THE NEXT 10 DAYS!

Census information is important for your community and is used in planning services such as schools, daycare, police services and fire protection. Please note that completion is required by law.

Then it goes on to say all the ways to complete it, phone number, websites ect. ect At the bottom of it though it says that "by law your information will be kept confidential" I havent filled it out and the time is running out soon, i think im just going to wait till they come to my house and see what happens.

Im not sure what the Canadian government has set up for people who refuse to take the census does anyone out there know the Canadian laws on that?

I just dont want to give information out that they dont need. Actually i dont even want to give out what they need. you think their would be privacy laws that would protect you but there isnt i think.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sandra Finley stood and still stands her ground:

Statistics Canada Outsources Portions of the National Census To Lockheed Martin., page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are links to her story in that thread.
She refused to take the census.

Free country??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Agreed.

First the US and now Canada. That didn't take long did it? Here comes the NAU...Little Sister to Big Brother and the sure sign of the NWO advancement.

Keep your cell phone or vid camera near the door and get it on record if they do come.

edit on 8-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

One is then advised: ”Your participation in this survey is voluntary.” Mind you, this information is only proffered after you have finished filling out the survey. Before then, on the instructions you receive in the mail, the same sentence about what the community needs is followed by this: “Please note that completion of the census questionnaire is required by law.”

Last time I looked at the English language, something cannot be both “voluntary” and “required.”

www.troymedia.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
They don't want very much info. I just did it to get it over with, and all it was, was name, address, phone, age, languages spoken, and marital status.
And number of people in house.

Done.

Very short form this year.
edit on 8-5-2011 by snowspirit because: forgot something.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ive herd some of the personal questions from the american Census and i wonder why they would possibly need that information. and whats with the census people going to your house and using a GPS to mark your location now? why the heck would they need to do that?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
when I first saw it I got chills seeing the black canadian flag and then reading "complete the form, it's the law"

instantly my mind raced with thoughts of something going down in the future and being told , "IT'S THE LAW"

that black canadian flag filled me with cautiousness

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

We must have a easy one compared to the American version then. here is a copy of theirs

www.census.gov...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've heard that the USA census is quite intrusive.

Ours is just for community needs purposes, such as schools, and if teachers need a second or third language, getting enough money into the communities.....

Personal details cannot be made available to the public until 2103 - 92 years from now. I guess that would be for genealogy research. They have a spot to opt out of that, and keep it private forever.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

It is different, ours doesn't ask for race, only if other languages are spoken. Racial profiling on the US's.

and then they ask for financials, bills and such. :shk:

schooling, birthplaces, education levels, how long at current residence, health and vaccine, work activity, other incomes

Holy crap, that's awfully intrusive, even when we had the long form, we didn't get those types of questions - are they even legal to ask?

I wouldn't want to fill in the US one either.

The Cdn one, took about 2 minutes to fill out.
edit on 8-5-2011 by snowspirit because: added

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Thats what i was thinking, Asking for mental states of people too. that is way too much, id never participate in that. They have a pretty hefty fine if you dont take it though and maybe jail time too. prob the same here to though.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

that black canadian flag filled me with cautiousness

They were too cheap to get some red ink i guess

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I filled out the questionaire online, it was pretty short, but it asked to also fill out another survey. Is that part of the census form, or is that completely optional? I'm filling it out right now, and it's so long! It asks questions about your work and income. If that second survey is optional, I'm gonna quit on it right now! lol

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhawk420

I would never post information about financial information online or anywhere really. ya id stop that part. But hey im no lawyer. i just dont see the reason they would need that
edit on 8-5-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What a waste of time that was... I just ended it, and it said "The deadline to complete your National Household Survey (NHS) questionnaire is May 18, 2011. After that date, your questionnaire will be submitted on your behalf." So, even if i didn't complete it all they will still submit it after the due date? that sucks.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhawk420

so does that mean they will just put whatever they want in it? whats with that? lol

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't fill out anything about financials. Especially online.
It must be an add on, and not required.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As someone who does genealogy, I find the census important.
As someone who wants relevant bureaucracy, I find the census important.
As someone who would like a democratic country to actual represent their constituents, I find the idea that they know who the hell the constituents are to be important.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
They don't want very much info. I just did it to get it over with, and all it was, was name, address, phone, age, languages spoken, and marital status.
And number of people in house.

Done.

Very short form this year.
edit on 8-5-2011 by snowspirit because: forgot something.

I just completed it as well. There are 2 of us and it took me all of 5 minutes to complete it online. Questions were basically what is quoted above. I'm sure if I just gave them my S.I.N they would have had all the info to answer the questions themselves. The fact that I did the Census on line now gives them my IP address as well.

Cheers

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VernonBC

I presumed that the several I post on are already tracked. If I didn't want them tracked, I'd have done something about it.

Frankly, I'm too lazy to care.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join