It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking out loud ... A holiday, survival goods or my own business?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My apologies if this has been posted before and if it's in the wrong place. I stumbled across this site while looking for information on Time Wave Zero. If anything this site has left me more dazed and confused than better informed, yet over the last year I've returned daily to check out the hot topics. Some are wonderful and have introduced me to things I knew nothing about, some have helped me to see things in a new light, while others just give me brainache!

I have to wonder, as I'm going about my daily business, why, if the TPTB know the S is going to HTF, why they continue doing things, like improving water and sewerage systems, building new roads, schools, etc. Generally improving infrastructure where they can and when they can afford to. Why do all this if they know it's going to be obliterated, surely that would be a complete waste of money, which, according to some, they seem to want regardless of anything
?? Especially this close to 'D' day. It makes no sense. I know some will say, 'Well they have to keep up the pretense that all is normal.' And I'm sure they do, but projects get put on hold etc all the time, that is quite a 'normal' thing (even more so with all the budget cuts). Yet almost everyday I see huge amounts of money being spent on things that should be there for the next 20+ years....

Which brings me to my choice (or choices) of the moment...

I've never been one to trust my intuition, I do try, yet when I'm faced with a decision to make, I end up humming and hawing for ages, trying to make the right decision, eventually make a choice and BAM! Wrong choice
!! Or I make a spur of the moment decision and BAM! Wrong choice
!! Rarely do I get it right, not saying it never happens, it's just rare.

With those thoughts in mind, the whole '2012' dramarama, and my very poor track record on making good decisions, I find myself really questioning whether or not I should go ahead with my dream and open my own business that I've been scrimping and scraping for, for the last 2/3 years. I now have what's needed to go ahead without going into debt, about €2000, not a huge amount for some, but it's all that I have. It wont make me rich, but with hard work, I can reap a comfortable living out of it.

Enter stage left .. the 2012 monster, which I knew nothing about until a year ago. I don't know what to make of it
?? There are some compelling arguments for and against it. Here I sit with the money for my dream, wondering if my dream and me will be dust in 2 years time! Do I take the money and blow it on a reasonable holiday for my family, a sort of 'last hurrah' while we still can? Should I be sensible and stock up properly on food (I have about a months worth stashed away) and survival goodies for the coming apocalypse? Or forget everything I've ever read on ATS, go back to being an unquestioning sheep, go ahead with my dream and hope that if the SHTF it's quick and over before I know what's hit me? With limited finances, only one is do-able.

For better or worse, I have actually made my choice, which I wont reveal just yet because it would be interesting to hear what other ATSers have to say if faced with the same or a similar dilemma...

So go ahead, gimme your best 'fors' and 'againsts' ...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

im all for the survival gear, if shtf ur prepared,if your on holiday youl be far from home,either way if 2012 comes and goes youve got camping gear lol...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I say GO FOR opening your biz!!!

All you have to do is look through the archives on here and see that most of the doom and gloom comes and goes without a hitch. Wasn't the "world" supposed to end on march 15th of this year??? Well, we are still here!

If you keep putting it off and off and off just because of this or that or whatever...you'll be an old person and wish you would have done the things you wanted!

Start the business! I mean realistically...you could be killed tomorrow by a bee sting but that's not gonna stop you from getting outta bed right?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Contrary to all the hype the world will continue after 2012.. Go ahead and set up your business venture .. No point living in fear everyone dies sooner or later make the most of life..
Hope that your business does well.
edit on 8/5/11 by Expat888 because: Tengu...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Set up your business. With the money you make, you can buy your survival stuff, then a holiday.

I run my companies as though they will be there forever.
Think how disappointed you would be in 2013 going off to a boring job with a shed full of tinned food to get through at home!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thank you all for your replies

I have decided to go ahead with the business and placed my stock order about 10 mins before I posted.

Persianista, you're absolutely right and I was thinking along the same lines. Davesmart, I am absolutely looking forward to camping in 2013

Even with my appaling track record on decision making, I've always managed to dust myself off and move forward. Here's hoping this has been the right decision this time.

Que sera sera.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance
Thank you all for your replies

I have decided to go ahead with the business and placed my stock order about 10 mins before I posted.

Persianista, you're absolutely right and I was thinking along the same lines. Davesmart, I am absolutely looking forward to camping in 2013

Even with my appaling track record on decision making, I've always managed to dust myself off and move forward. Here's hoping this has been the right decision this time.

Que sera sera.

Congratulations and may your business prosper.

top topics

join