It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Tyranny here to stay

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So I know other's here on ATS may have already come to this realization but I have just come to figure out that the horrible legislation that has been passed within this decade is here to stay.

The Justification for constiution wrecking laws and bills like the Patriot Act is that it is there to keep us safe from terrorist. So on for DHS and TSA and body scnanners. and wire tapping. Does anyone think that whenever we do win the "war on terror" (which probably can;t be done because we Americans are afraid of everything) that these acts will go away, that hey the war on terror is over we don;t need DHS anymore. Lets get rid of the patritot Act because there are no more terrorist or there threat has been neutralized.

No that is not going to happen. People will say yeah the patriot Act is good it kept us safe lets keep it. Lets continue to wire tap even though you don;t really need to because your stated purpose has been reached.

This is a cruel realization for me. But I heard this before once you let it in a little bit it gains a giant foothold.




posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

Does anyone think that whenever we do win the "war on terror" (which probably can;t be done because we Americans are afraid of everything) that these acts will go away


It's a war against an emotion.
Not winnable, it just made a good excuse for taking away the rights of Americans.

I think the tyranny is here to stay.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
So I know other's here on ATS may have already come to this realization but I have just come to figure out that the horrible legislation that has been passed within this decade is here to stay.




It's only here for as long as we allow it. If we decide to take back our country, there's no way they can stop us.




Originally posted by American-philosopher
The Justification for constiution wrecking laws and bills like the Patriot Act is that it is there to keep us safe from terrorist. ...... Lets get rid of the Patriot Act because there are no more terrorist or there threat has been neutralized.




Sorry my friend, but incorrect on both counts.

The terrorists have taken control of Washington. A close examination of the *facts* will reveal the truth. At least it will reveal the truth for those that are not blindly waving the flag and chanting the dogma-of-the-day.

The Patriot Act is just one of the weapons these terrorists are using to keep us blindly servile. This threat will not be neutralized until *we* dismantle it.



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   


The Patriot Act is just one of the weapons these terrorists are using to keep us blindly servile. This threat will not be neutralized until *we* dismantle it
reply to post by tyson
 


What if it gets reversed and "we" are seen as the terrorist?? Would this not justify DHS and TSA. Or even bolster and expand their powers. I mean "see something say something" right?



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join