It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can see it, it's probably not alien!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It has occurred to me when viewing UFO footage that aliens or dimensional creatures would likely not choose to be seen while surveying our planet. Even human beings pursue cloaking and radar scattering designs so I think it is safe to assume most other advanced creatures would do likewise.

Also, human sight falls within a small fraction of the full spectrum of light wavelengths. Viewing a genuine alien spacecraft with the naked eye would be highly unlikely for this reason. While infrared vision is available, who walks around with night goggles on 24/7/365?

I know this is all assuming that they don't want to be seen, but I would have a hard time constructing a scenario of reality where aliens tease a species with their presence. I think our ideas of aliens are limited to space fairing creatures. I would be far more suspect of dimensional beings making contact through our consciousness.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Very good point about the clocking device. I believe that most of the genuine UFO sighting are probably ours and i would imagine a race possibly millions of years in advance to us would have immaculate cloaking devices installed. According to a lot of pilot UFO sightings, apparently they don't show up on radar. Maybe that is some sort of cloaking device but there's also the more likely possibility that it's human made. I'm just keep fingers crossed loosely for some sort of disclosure.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
As much as I would love to see a REAL ufo, I seriously doubt I ever will. I totally agree that aliens don't want to be seen. What's the point? If you're going to survey something, you want to stay out of sight as much as possible, taking care of not being spotted. Could there be some slip ups along the way? Of course. Our military is working on cloaking devices, surely we're not the only ones who thought of it.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Someone should go on ebay buy some night vision goggles and spend hours and hours of time looking outside for aliens..

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Your theory walks right into mine about the people on this planet being a part of some type of alien ant farm experiment. I agree that aliens don't want to be seen, and that the lights in the sky are ours, someone else's, or theirs and they stay so far up as to remain unidentified.

What cracks me up is that people automatically associate unidentified flying objects with alien craft. Just because we can't identify something doesn't mean it is not ours. That leads to the assumption that we know everything about flying craft.

And we don't.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It depends on if they even care if we see them. some species would want to cloak i'm sure, but a species millions of years more advances would probably be so far beyond our reality that they wouldn't even care if we saw them.

I agree with our visible light spectrum, which is why we have infrared and thermal cameras. I've though that maybe some animals can see them. many animals have very different eyesight than ourselves.

new topics

top topics

join