It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

remembering and understanding our dreams. helpful tips.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
when i was much younger i went through a few years of regular nightmares and bad dreams.
a friend of my fathers who worked with children told me a tip.
he said that when you lie down to go to sleep, repeat in your head over and over, i will wake up as soon as my dream ends.
this concept is actually relatively easy for those of us who have an internal alarm clock.
the idea is, if you wake up as soon as your dream ends, grab a pen and paper and wright down a brief explanation.
highlighting the parts that seemed important.
it only takes a matter of minutes to accomplish this, and it actually makes it easier to fall back asleep because you know in your mind that you can look at your notes the next day and do not have to think about it in the middle of the night.
if you are able to accomplish this task, the next thing you will notice is how what you write down can differ immensely from what you might remember of the dream when you wake up.
give it a shot.
any other tips?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
eat a banana and maybe drink some milk before you go to bed...or even make a fruit smoothie with banana's and milk...they tend to make you have more lucid dreams when you go to sleep...also if you want more lucid dreams when you have nights where u can't really dream...wake up about halfway through your night and maybe get a drink or go to the bathroom...being up for about 5 minutes after sleeping for a while and then going back to sleep it tends to make your brain more active and have more lucid dreams...then do what the OP states...not sure what vitamins help with but if i remember right vitamin b12 (i think) i'd have to go home and look at the bottle again helps with lucidity in dreams

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I had a dream last night, some girl I knew from highschool handed me a 2 dollar bill, the date said 1976 on it. No idea what it could mean.

Deebo

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Cheese helps also

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming is some of the most self fulfilling things one could do while dreaming, its like living a different live at night.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Having control in dreams is fun as well. Took me a looooong time to do it, and I've fallen out of practice with it here recently, but it's really something! I haven't wrote down anything from them in quite some time as well, I need to get back in the habit.

top topics

join