It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Denied the death of Osama bin laden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
reply to post by Skerrako

Certainly is interesting, something worth keeping an eye out...

I was referring to the good old holy book prophecies, ...but thanks for the "MayBus" character...
now i need to look up this bloke as well...hmmm

Interesting times indeed.

Peace

edit on 8-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

It's Mabus. From one of the Nostradamus prophecies.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by andremains

Originally posted by AuranVector
I think you, andremains, are misunderstanding the meaning of the BBC article.

If my understanding is correct, this article says the Taliban thinks Osama Bin Laden was ALREADY DEAD before the May 1st attack.

Then they have his remains and know where to go get them. Seems just as easy to prove he is not at the bottom of the ocean as it would be that he is still alive. I see some would really just rather believe anything that sheds America in a poor light, going so far as to cannonize a man that declared war on the US and attacked its interests.

If they have his body, that will be very easy for them to prove as well.

Not necessarily. On one of the many Osama threads here, there was a post from someone who had been stationed in Afghanistan who knew someone who was directly involved in destroying what had been Osama's cave in the Tora Bora mountains. If that story is to be believed, the US took custody of Osama's corpse before destroying the cave.

There are so many contradictory stories -- I have no idea what to believe. But I do believe our media only tells us what TPTB want us to know. And we, the American people, are played routinely.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Not necessarily. On one of the many Osama threads here, there was a post from someone who had been stationed in Afghanistan who knew someone who was directly involved in destroying what had been Osama's cave in the Tora Bora mountains. If that story is to be believed, the US took custody of Osama's corpse before destroying the cave.

There are so many contradictory stories -- I have no idea what to believe. But I do believe our media only tells us what TPTB want us to know. And we, the American people, are played routinely.

I am not following. If the Americans already killed him and they have been holding onto his body, then how would the Taliban be able to confirm such a thing? Are you saying some Taliban members reported that they saw us kill Osama and take his body? Are you saying some soldier posted a thread and claimed it?

I just find it a little odd that so many "skeptics" around here seem far too eager to believe almost anything that just sounds more nefarious and exciting than what reality is. One side reports that Osama was just killed and that is a lie but some rumors that he might have been killed long ago have merit because...?

It further gets worse when people keep repeating that he died from a kidney disease long ago. Why do they say that? Because they heard he had kidney disease. I heard he just got capped last week. See how hearing things should be looked at through a turned eye either way? Just seems some are eager to believe almost any source on some things and never willing to believe any sources on other things.

If the US killed him and took his body in 2001, how would you know? Because someone claimed so?
edit on 9-5-2011 by andremains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Yep.. there is one country and one man that would call him out.
Conveniently Obama tried to have him assassinated before the announced the Bin Laden news.
Also that person would take special interest in it as the U.S. are arming AQ in his country and he has a personal vendetta against Osama.

Gaddaffi.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

"Just have Osama make another video holding a recent newspaper.
That ought to straighten this mess out sure enough. "

How about we get Obama to present one picture of the OBLs body... or at least the helmet cam footage from the raid upto the point before things got gruesome.... or at the very least, some pics from when the CIA was keeping an eye on him. We will get to debating the authenticity of those pics AFTER Obama releases them to the public. Till then, one can safely conclude that Obama is bull#ing about OBL being killed in that raid. (Of course, its also very likely that Osama has been dead for years, so Im not making the claim that OBL is alive and kicking.)

I wont believe that Osama was killed in the raid for the very same reason that people wont believe me if I say I shot a leprechaun in the head, took pictures of it and then dumped the leprechaun in the sea. Note that I cant show anyone the pics of the dead leprechaun because its too gruesome and I might invite a backlash from the leprechauns. Even if I did, people would probably call the photo a fake.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Now how could Osama hold up a news paper if he has been dead since the early 2000's?

more fake photos

Check out the bad photoshopping on this supposed image of Bin Laden’s wife’s passport. The face seems to be an overlay as well and not part of the actual image of the passport.

www.infowars.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
I wont believe that Osama was killed in the raid for the very same reason that people wont believe me if I say I shot a leprechaun in the head, took pictures of it and then dumped the leprechaun in the sea. Note that I cant show anyone the pics of the dead leprechaun because its too gruesome and I might invite a backlash from the leprechauns. Even if I did, people would probably call the photo a fake.

Do you have photos and video of this Leprachaun from before you supposedly shot and ditched him? I aske because we do in fact know there was a man named Osama Bin Laden. His entire family is not exactly a group of unknowns in the world. They are very wealthy and influential. Your Leprachaun?

See, I ask because it was not long before I found threads on the "Moon Landing HOAX" which all seem to actually conclude it was a hoax in large part based on the pictures. Now a dead Osama Bin Laden photo seems really easy to fake. Here there are still people debating the Zapruder film and mountains of moon footage so I have a really hard time believing that anyone else with a conpiratorial mind would be even remotely satisfied by some pictures.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Its very plausible that OBL has been dead for sometime now. Of course, you cant expect the Taliban or the so called al-qaeda to come out and make an announcement.

At the same time, those who claim that OBL was killed during the compound raid do so only basis Obamas word.
Not real evidence.

Sad really.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by hawaii50th

Not according to this:

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Hi pax,
let me cite another piece of article you linked:

"Even if the news of Osama bin Laden's martyrdom is true, it will not change our jihad policy ... if it is true that he is dead, it will give us more motivation to continue our jihad," one fighter said in Pashto on the video.

Lot of "ifs" ...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

At the same time, those who claim that OBL was killed during the compound raid do so only basis Obamas word.
Not real evidence.

Sad really.

That seems a little deceptive. I will admit, I am ready to take what Obama told me over anything else I have heard so far. I have been online at least long enough to understand what happens when internet rumors and reality collide.

It is not like Obama just got up and made this story up and everyone bought. There are a lot of people involved in all this that would have also had to be lying or even complicit in silence. People are trying to implicate Obama as a liar in a situation that would require a number of important military figures as well as many other government officials to also be helping to perpetuate this lie.

If it really were just reliant on Obama's word and Obama's word alone, I could see it but people are forgetting how many people have already come forward to contribute to this story. Just look at the war room photo. You have to start with everyone in that room and move down the list.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by andremains

Do you have photos and video of this Leprachaun from before you supposedly shot and ditched him? I aske because we do in fact know there was a man named Osama Bin Laden. His entire family is not exactly a group of unknowns in the world. They are very wealthy and influential. Your Leprachaun?

I can easily prove to you that leprechauns exist if I were to show you that photo!
Also, I cant provide photos and video evidence before I shot the leprechaun, because I NEVER claimed that I was filming the leprechaun before I shot it... only that I took pics after I shot it in the head.

In the OBL case, however, there exists helmet cam footage before OBL was shot, but the government still wont release a non-gruesome visual of OBL moments before his "death". So this decision is rather inconsistent with the Obama governments concern about releasing gruesome pics to the public.

For that matter, I wouldnt be surprised if Obama claims he shot a leprechaun and threw it into the sea... and the same people who believe OBL was killed in the Abottabad raid actually end up believing that Obama killed a leprechaun without a shred of evidence.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

reply to post by andremains

I can easily prove to you that leprechauns exist if I were to show you that photo!
Also, I cant provide photos and video evidence before I shot the leprechaun, because I NEVER claimed that I was filming the leprechaun before I shot it... only that I took pics after I shot it in the head.

No, you cannot. I would never accept a photo of a Leprachaun as proof of Leprachauns. I am rather forlorn you would think anyone would. I know you did not claim to have file footage of him but the fact remains, we have it of Osama. Apples and Oranges. One we have plenty of proof of actually existing. The other is a fantasy.

In the OBL case, however, there exists helmet cam footage before OBL was shot, but the government still wont release a non-gruesome visual of OBL moments before his "death". So this decision is rather inconsistent with the Obama governments concern about releasing gruesome pics to the public.

For that matter, I wouldnt be surprised if Obama claims he shot a leprechaun and threw it into the sea... and the same people who believe OBL was killed in the Abottabad raid actually end up believing that Obama killed a leprechaun without a shred of evidence.

OK the. None of that makes any sense to me but ok. It is entirely possible that Osama was actually shot in Pakistan last week. Leprachauns on the other hand do not actually exist. I hope this is not news.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
hey not that i dont trust the source or anything but can we have the BBC report?
i can't seem to find it on the bbc site...maybe im just blind?

EDIT: Looked online only thing that comes up is this thread and that latest bbc site. so BS news right?
edit on 9-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by andremains

I am not following. If the Americans already killed him and they have been holding onto his body, then how would the Taliban be able to confirm such a thing? Are you saying some Taliban members reported that they saw us kill Osama and take his body? Are you saying some soldier posted a thread and claimed it?

I just find it a little odd that so many "skeptics" around here seem far too eager to believe almost anything that just sounds more nefarious and exciting than what reality is. One side reports that Osama was just killed and that is a lie but some rumors that he might have been killed long ago have merit because...?

It further gets worse when people keep repeating that he died from a kidney disease long ago. Why do they say that? Because they heard he had kidney disease. I heard he just got capped last week. See how hearing things should be looked at through a turned eye either way? Just seems some are eager to believe almost any source on some things and never willing to believe any sources on other things.

If the US killed him and took his body in 2001, how would you know? Because someone claimed so?
edit on 9-5-2011 by andremains because: (no reason given)

Yes interesting how the conspiracy stories repeat themselves by re-quoting other conspiracy stories . Round and round in circles we go we never ever any evidence (save some dodgy video and photos clearly photoshopped).

Bottom line: Irrespective of whether Bin laden is still alive or dead for years, either situation, provable with evidence, would do far far more harm to the US than several Twin Tower incidents. Given that that is the case the Taliban, Al-qaeda, muslims aginst the US, wacky nut jobs from outer mongolia etc etc would have a phenomenal coup-de-grace by rolling out an alive Bin Laden or proof of his death years ago.

Personally I would not hold my breathe. But as far as skeptics here on ATS are concerned I ask you this : How long are you willing to wait for one provable answer or the other that refutes the official US version before you have to admit the US are not lying.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The Taliban didn't say he wasn't dead.

"denied that the founder of Al Qaeda had been killed by U.S. command in an attack in Pakistan."

Big difference between denying a man is dead, and denying the U.S. propaganda.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra

"denied that the founder of Al Qaeda had been killed by U.S. command in an attack in Pakistan."

Oh I have seen where the Al Qaeda suporters are not believing he is dead ,, but I heard on the radio that even they want proof they can see our distrust we have been complaining about the photos and vids or any offical proof ,, othere wise we are just taking thier word for al of this...
edit on 9-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: reword correction

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra

which is also a lot different than...

If he was alive, they would obviously come out and say it. He's dead.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

So do you just like repeating people, there was no difference between the two emphases.

The article is painting the Taliban as denying the death of Bin Laden.

Not in any way did their words reflect this. They are denying that the U.S. killed him, nothing would imply they believe he is alive.

Therefore the article is clearly twisting the intentions of their words to make them look like idiots.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Umm... I know. I'm agreeing with you. That's why I said: "If he was alive, they would obviously come out and say it. He's dead."

The Taliban would love to come out and say OBL is alive and show a photo/video to make Obama look like an idiot. That would be a sensational 'victory' for them and terrorists worldwide.

The fact that they haven't tells me he is certainly dead as a dodo.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I kept trying to figure out if you were agreeing or not, sometimes the fine line is difficult to see from text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join