It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration planning $1 billion debt relief for Egypt..WHAT?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
At least it is only a Billion.

It could of been 120 Billion.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by jude11

We could just move some Israeli aid funds to Egyptian aid funds.. It's important to keep Egypt on our side, for once I actually agree with Obama....

How about NO aid fund for any of them and everybody get a job to pay their own bills and stop being some bogus Red Shield consultant.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah, I'll go back and star nearly everyone so far when I'm done shooting my mouth off....

This REALLY pisses me off. REALLY.

So -- if revolutions by the people of countries that are in trouble leads to debt relief; and the US in all its beneficence (read: bribery) helps all those Egyptians who are poor and hungry, but not THEIR OWN CITIZENS who are poor and hungry....
and
they give money to communist, or despotic, or otherwise corrupt governments willy-nilly, meaning --
JUST THROW SOME MONEY AT IT AND THE PROBLEM WILL GO AWAY

THEN....it follows that.....

If the American people REVOLT, as is our right (freedom of speech, assembly, etc), does that mean that Brazil and Egypt will throw some money at us to bring peace??

At first when I saw his serious-face utter these absolutely unthinkable promises -
I thought
"HEY! You didn't ask ME if you could give away my money!! I need a job! So does my husband!"

How does the global banking system get away with this absolutely irresponsible BullPoo???

WHAT ?? How does the Prez stand there and nobly announce "your debt is forgiven", while his own people are sinking?

At first I thought - well, maybe that means our creditors will forgive OUR nation's debt, since we're such nice guys and world peacekeepers and generous do-gooders. (hah)....
but then I thought.....

WAIT, what if the PTB are actually trying to PROVOKE everyone - like a bully cornering a wimp on the playground and flicking his forehead until he comes freaking unglued and goes nuts on the bully -- so the poor bully can then say to teacher "He attacked me! I was only playing! What a crybaby."

This Makes Me Sick.

As for "only a billion dollars" - yeah, sure, on a global scale it's like milk money on a playground. But dammit, it was MY milk, and I needed it! It was all I was going to get for the whole day!

If I had only less than two hundred thousand, I could pay off my house and student loan and maybe have enough left over to buy a reliable car...the one I own outright is still running, but for how much longer I don't know.

SICK. It makes me sick.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join